Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

11 yr/old drag kid worshiped within LGBTQ community (Mod warning op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,860 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I'm not implying that.

You gave me a lecture about safeguarding implying there was no safeguarding measures or risk assessments in organising this event despite the fact that youth workers professionally trained in safeguarding are present and they have taken other safeguarding measures. The implication is there.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Any suggestions as to why parents are discouraged from attending though?

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Any suggestions as to why parents are discouraged from attending though?

I don't know. Ask them.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I don't know. Ask them.

They won’t respond. Any questions I’ve ever seen asked about safeguarding issues are met with crickets and tumbleweed. Because there’s no defence.

They won’t respond. Any questions I’ve ever seen asked about safeguarding issues are met with crickets and tumbleweed. Because there’s no defence.

Ah ok. So you are implying that the professional youth workers are negligent and that no safeguarding measures or risk assessments have been carried out. Fair enough.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

I can only suggest that if some of you are that concerned about it then report it to Social Services in the UK

Would you support this type of carry on if it was organised by the church, or maybe a Pakistani social group made up of men between the ages of 18 to 24, or is it only the lgbt brigade that can get away with inviting children to bathe semi naked with men while their parents are left to sit it out in the car park.

TBH joey, you're not painting yourself in a very good light and without knowing you personally and judging by the way you defend this kind of behaviour, but if i did know you personally knowing what I've read on here there isn't a chance in hell I'd let you near kids of mine, and damned sure you'd never be left alone with them, i wonder what kind of mentality it takes to defend adults who want to be around semi naked children no matter what kind of precautions are set in place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Ah ok. So you are implying that the professional youth workers are negligent and that no safeguarding measures or risk assessments have been carried out. Fair enough.

Why would they discourage parents from being present? Why would they highlight that clothes must be worn on the bottom? That brings two questions to mind: why would that need to be highlighted and why no mention of wearing clothes on top (because there’s no mention of it just being boys)? If they don’t want to raise red flags, perhaps it might be a good idea to not make odd stipulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Your posts are very disingenuous. Scouting Ireland had professional youth workers that were probably Garda vetted, but yet over 200 members have been accused of child sexual abuse.
    But because this is a LGBT event all the leaders are ok to get into a pool with minors semi dressed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

I don't see the issue no - not when the three things I listed are there.

Parental consent needed if you’re under 16.

Changing rooms will be separated into children and adults.

Large youth work team present.

This is kinda like the paediatrician/paedophile thing to be honest where some people are pretty much finding child abuse where none exists.

While you do your thing in finding normality where none exists.

There is massive potential for child abuse here, in this degeneracy.

No responsible parent would give their consent.

On the precautionary principle alone, this worthless vulgarity should be nuked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Mild Mannered Jim

Jesus Christ man get a grip. Stop defending child grooming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Portmanteau

This is kinda like the paediatrician/paedophile thing to be honest where some people are pretty much finding child abuse where none exists.
    That's mixing up two words with meanings completely distinct from one another. This is nothing like that. Several reasons have been given as to why. Comparing that with a bunch of none too bright pitchfork wielders looking for aggro is pretty dishonest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭cgcsb

The yaniv person organising this is know as being a figure of contraversey. Another publicity stunt I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

cgcsb wrote: »
    The yaniv person organising this is know as being a figure of contraversey. Another publicity stunt I'd imagine.

This isn't yaniv. Its a youth group in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

"Trans-only swimming sessions for 8-25 year olds. Twice a month from January-May.

Wear what you want to swim, so long as your bottom half is covered."

I don't know what's creepier, them sentences or someone trying to defend it.

That's mixing up two words with meanings completely distinct from one another. This is nothing like that. Several reasons have been given as to why. Comparing that with a bunch of none too bright pitchfork wielders looking for aggro is pretty dishonest.

Nah, its not dishonest, a lot of the thread here is pretty much pitchfork wielding

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Nah, its not dishonest, a lot of the thread here is pretty much pitchfork wielding

I have to hand it to you, you really can double down can't you?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Don't dis pitchfork wielding. If it weren't for pitchfork wielding Mussolini would have lived and gone through some bull**** trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"Trans-only swimming sessions for 8-25 year olds. Twice a month from January-May.

Wear what you want to swim, so long as your bottom half is covered."

I don't know what's creepier, them sentences or someone trying to defend it.
    I thought this was what tranphobes wanted - segregation. What's the problem? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I think it is certainly unusual but it's bizarre to imply that it's all about child abuse when they have put 3 safeguarding measures in place by asking for parental consent, by separating out the changing rooms and by having qualified youth workers (trained in safeguarding) present.

OK Groomer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

seamus wrote: »
    I thought this was what tranphobes wanted - segregation. What's the problem? :confused:

What absolute bollocks. The sad thing here is that you think you are the good guy here. Dismantling safeguards for women and children for the woke cookies. If this event was organised by priests you'd be quick enough in spotting the danger.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »

Transphobes? Jesus Christ man. You really think being opposed to this cluster **** of an activity is in any way transphobic?

Ok.

Transphobes? Jesus Christ man. You really think being opposed to this cluster **** of an activity is in any way transphobic?

Ok.

Swimming :pac:

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Your posts are very disingenuous. Scouting Ireland had professional youth workers that were probably Garda vetted, but yet over 200 members have been accused of child sexual abuse.
    But because this is a LGBT event all the leaders are ok to get into a pool with minors semi dressed

What you have said is wrong. Scouting Ireland didn't and don't have professional youth workers, it had volunteers and paid staff. No professional youth workers. The majority of scouting Ireland allegations are pre-garda vetting also.

Pitchfork welding? And you have the cheek to label anything dishonest?

Finding child abuse where none exists is your position here where it is quite evident that you yourself are finding transphobia where it doesn't exist.

Shielding dubious events like this with your LGBT umbrella is doing your community no favours.

Jessica Yaniv would be proud.

Yes. Swimming.

At this particular event.

In this particular context.

With this oddly specific age range.

With no parental supervision.

But of course, it's the swimming I have an issue with...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

A lot of models you see on the catwalk or major ad campaigns are often only 13/14.

They are also around environments they possibly should not be.

Then there is this. I'll just leave this here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Your flippant conduct doesn't mask the fact you have a certain admiration for wannabe child abusers, i hope in real life you have no close contact with children, you're attitude towards the safety of children should put a serious question mark over any involvement you have with minors in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Yes. Swimming.

At this particular event.

In this particular context.

With this oddly specific age range.

With no parental supervision.

But of course, it's the swimming I have an issue with...:rolleyes:

Can I ask, because maybe I'm missing something, but where on their website does it say parents aren't allowed go? It says parental consent is needed but that's needed for any activity with young people under 18 here (may be under 16 in the UK), no matter if the parent is doing the activity side by side with their child or not attending at all. Parents are usually allowed attend activities with young people if they want but wouldn't be allowed participate, so parents would be allowed to travel to the pool with the group if they wanted, and help their child get changed etc.

The age thing is probably because of their funding obligations. Young people are defined as between 8-24 (I think this age range may have even been extended rcently). Funding received would have to be open to this age range. That doesn't mean they won't be split before they get to the pool into different groups or once they get there and put into different areas and/or changing rooms, or even split over different times.

I'm making no comment on what is being organised by this group, just the practicalities.

joey100 wrote: »
    Can I ask, because maybe I'm missing something, but where on their website does it say parents aren't allowed go? It says parental consent is needed but that's needed for any activity with young people under 18 here (may be under 16 in the UK), no matter if the parent is doing the activity side by side with their child or not attending at all. Parents are usually allowed attend activities with young people if they want but wouldn't be allowed participate, so parents would be allowed to travel to the pool with the group if they wanted, and help their child get changed etc.

The age thing is probably because of their funding obligations. Young people are defined as between 8-24 (I think this age range may have even been extended rcently). Funding received would have to be open to this age range. That doesn't mean they won't be split before they get to the pool into different groups or once they get there and put into different areas and/or changing rooms, or even split over different times.

I'm making no comment on what is being organised by this group, just the practicalities.

With regards the no parents allowed thing, you may be right. I may have read into something that isn't there. Usually something like this would have "parental supervision is required for children under x" and it's omission raised a few flags but I concede to your point.

Regardless of the funding required, advertising it for this specific age range without specifying whether or not it will be age appropriate groups is another red flag.

It is too close to that Jessica Yaniv event for the organisers not to have made every attempt to differentiate and therefore something I would oppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Meanwhile back in Desmond's world, Claire's accessory shop (used primarily by teenage girls) have decided to use him in its marketing campaign.

Claire's deleted the tweet, but have kept the Facebook post up.

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/womens_rights/3915372-Desmond-I-Amazing-in-marketing-campaign-for-Claires

I'm always drawn to how vacant this kid looks. His parents should be ashamed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement