Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-03-2020, 01:34   #6481
mrkr

Regarding Enniscorthy to Waterford buses, the Route 5 bus that Bus Eireann ran was cancelled five years ago, I know because I emailed them at the time to complain as I used it frequently.

At that time, the plan was for Wexford Bus to provide a direct service from Enniscorthy to Waterford several times a day. They initially fulfilled that role. However, it was almost as swiftly cancelled because of the impossible-to-predict delays that occurred to the service in the evening going through New Ross. So we went from a public company providing a public good, to a private company doing so, and then they quickly dropped it when they realised it wasn't possible to run the service on time because of tailbacks going into Ross, and then the service was dropped entirely and with no comment that I saw from any local reps etc.

Since then, the only option for anyone who wishes to use public transport to get to the major city in the Southeast from Enniscorthy has been to schlep it down to Wexford and then linger around O'Hanrahan station until a bus to Waterford turns up.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-03-2020, 10:11   #6482
Uncle Pierre

Just curious - does anybody at all run even a student bus service between Enniscorthy and Waterford? i.e. just buses to Waterford on Sunday evenings, and back to Enniscorthy on Fridays?
11-03-2020, 11:28   #6483
kneemos

Not sure where it goes, but there's a student bus on the Island Rd every Sunday evening around 5-5.30.
11-03-2020, 12:48   #6484
jordata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Pierre View Post
Just curious - does anybody at all run even a student bus service between Enniscorthy and Waterford? i.e. just buses to Waterford on Sunday evenings, and back to Enniscorthy on Fridays?
Not that I know of. My daughter goes to UCC and looked into it. Best we could find was to catch a bus from Ballinaboola to Waterford and onwards from there.
11-03-2020, 13:30   #6485
Del.Monte

Anybody know why the Council are busy putting up bunting for St.Patrick's Day - has nobody told them that the parade is cancelled?
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-03-2020, 15:53   #6486
Vic_08

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkr View Post
Regarding Enniscorthy to Waterford buses, the Route 5 bus that Bus Eireann ran was cancelled five years ago, I know because I emailed them at the time to complain as I used it frequently.

At that time, the plan was for Wexford Bus to provide a direct service from Enniscorthy to Waterford several times a day. They initially fulfilled that role. However, it was almost as swiftly cancelled because of the impossible-to-predict delays that occurred to the service in the evening going through New Ross. So we went from a public company providing a public good, to a private company doing so, and then they quickly dropped it when they realised it wasn't possible to run the service on time because of tailbacks going into Ross, and then the service was dropped entirely and with no comment that I saw from any local reps etc.

Since then, the only option for anyone who wishes to use public transport to get to the major city in the Southeast from Enniscorthy has been to schlep it down to Wexford and then linger around O'Hanrahan station until a bus to Waterford turns up.
Local Link Wexford run 10 daily services Enniscorthy - New Ross so there is no need to go via Wexford town.

https://locallinkwexford.ie/wp-conte...y-New-Ross.pdf
15-03-2020, 20:09   #6487
Cantona's Collars

Great to see the locals being socially responsible during this covid 19 crisis by packing the pubs all week and especially last night. There's going to be many among them with sob stories in the weeks and probably months ahead thanks to their stupidity.
15-03-2020, 20:17   #6488
arseagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's Collars View Post
Great to see the locals being socially responsible during this covid 19 crisis by packing the pubs all week and especially last night. There's going to be many among them with sob stories in the weeks and probably months ahead thanks to their stupidity.
Define social responsibility? I went for a pint and it wasn't packed, everyone was keeping a good distance from each other and everyone was using the gels and sanitisers provided. To quote the chief medical officer of the country, "they do not want people to stay at home and hide" but attempt to interact in a way that doesn't help the virus spread. Peoples mental health must also be catered for and social exclusion will do nothing for this.
15-03-2020, 20:26   #6489
kneemos

The coffee shop at Slaney Place is closed for the duration. Going to be tough for any of them paying rent.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-03-2020, 20:33   #6490
kneemos

Dearest place to buy fuel in Wexford is guess where?

https://wexfordtoday.com/2020/03/15/...ss-the-county/
15-03-2020, 21:52   #6491
jpb1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by arseagon View Post
Define social responsibility?
Don't go anywhere unless essential would be my interpretation.

In Spain, I believe it's been defined as work, doctors, medication and groceries.
15-03-2020, 22:22   #6492
CoBo55

Quote:
Last night?? You must have been in a different town to me, you could see the tumbleweed rolling past Treacys door at 12 o clock.
15-03-2020, 22:23   #6493
Cantona's Collars

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBo55 View Post
Last night?? You must have been in a different town to me, you could see the tumbleweed rolling past Treacys door at 12 o clock.
Treacys had already put restrictions in place. Other pubs hadn't.
15-03-2020, 23:02   #6494
CoBo55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneemos View Post
The coffee shop at Slaney Place is closed for the duration. Going to be tough for any of them paying rent.
That's a pity I'll miss my blt and having the crack with Eamon Sheridan and the boys. It's a grand spot in fairness.
15-03-2020, 23:04   #6495
CoBo55

Quote:
Treacys had already put restrictions in place. Other pubs hadn't.
It was like a ghost town I don't know where you saw the packed pubs you must have been on the poitin.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion