Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,136 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Anyone watching wonder on rte1? Always a lump in my throat watching it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just on Coronavirus, the graph in the tweet below shows the importance of minimising contact for as long as possible.
    https://twitter.com/CT_Bergstrom/status/1235865328074153986?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 18,485 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Seen that the failed runner Bloomberg in the American presidential race.

If he had decided that rather run but divide the money he spent on his race between every American citizen, they each would have received $1.3 million each !

He spent a half billion dollars and then decided to pull out, that’s some money !

Imagine what that would have done for their society.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

_Brian wrote: »

If he had decided that rather run but divide the money he spent on his race between every American citizen, they each would have received $1.3 million each !

He spent a half billion dollars and then decided to pull out, that’s some money !

Dont believe everything you read, 500 million divided by 327 miliion is a dollar 30 cents each,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,120 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I never knew you watched Fox news?

The figure worked out at just over one dollar for each American citizen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Your zeros are bit wrong there IWT. A billion is a thousand million.
    He spent 500 million on 327 million people. Just over a dollar fifty cent on each.

This folks is why I’m always broke. Saw it on Twitter and didn’t notice the mistake.

Apparently this started in Oklahoma lately today from someone welding a fence on dried out pasture.

https://twitter.com/wilscale/status/1236416409498013704?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Gillespy

I never knew you watched Fox news?

The figure worked out at just over one dollar for each American citizen.

It was said by someone from the New York Times on MSNBC.

Gillespy wrote: »

Really? I'm not arguing with you but that mathematical blunder was broadcast on the moncrieff show by Tom Dunne and it was mentioned it was a mistake on Fox News as being typical of Fox News.

The above would be the other end of the spectrum in media to Fox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Really? I'm not arguing with you but that mathematical blunder was broadcast on the moncrieff show by Tom Dunne and it was mentioned it was a mistake on Fox News as being typical of Fox News.

The above would be the other end of the spectrum in media to Fox.

No, it was on MSNBC with Brian Williams. https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1235919906052419585?s=20

They're not infallible.

Gillespy wrote: »

Yep.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

The coronavirus death toll is climbing worldwide — but so is its recovery rate.

More than 50,000 people globally have bounced back from the flu-like illness since it was first reported in December, according to Johns Hopkins University.

SEE ALSO

Here's the good news about coronavirus
    Of the more than 94,000 total cases reported as of Wednesday afternoon, more than 51,000 people have recovered, the vast majority of whom are in China, where the virus originated, according to the university.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/04/more-than-half-of-coronavirus-patients-globally-have-recovered/

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Jay's Brian are u an accountant...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I don't think I'd believe the Chinese from Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I don't think I'd believe the Chinese from Adam

A few rumours creeping out that the death toll is alot higher in china than what the authorities are admitting

Italy isolating Lombardy, no entry or exit and banning all public gatherings unless they can guarantee a 1m distance between participants.
    https://twitter.com/NaomiOhReally/status/1236423056244998144?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Italy isolating Lombardy, no entry or exit and banning all public gatherings unless they can guarantee a 1m distance between participants.
    https://twitter.com/NaomiOhReally/status/1236423056244998144?s=19

Europa & Champions league could be off yet
    Euro’s could be in doubt

Europa & Champions league could be off yet
    Euro’s could be in doubt

The CL would still be played but behind closed doors, I'd say, same as the PL. Euros definitely in doubt and probably ACN next winter as well.

There's a good few months before this will start to plateau, never mind to start falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

.....banning all public gatherings unless they can guarantee a 1m distance between participants......[URL="https://"][/URL]

Sounds like a bad Junior B game.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement

There's a load of misinformation out there. Daughters friends mother wouldn't allow them a chinese last night as they could get coronavirus from there .....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

whelan2 wrote: »
    There's a load of misinformation out there. Daughters friends mother wouldn't allow them a chinese last night as they could get coronavirus from there .....

Ah jaysus....
    Noticed in the two Chinese takeaways I go to that the staff are all wearing masks these days. Actually have a bit of a goo on me for one tonight now, shop local & all that :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

I've had two Chinese takeaways this week...... there's so many potential risks it doesn't seem worth worrying about that one.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

greysides wrote: »
    I've had two Chinese takeaways this week...... there's so many potential risks it doesn't seem worth worrying about that one.

Do you have a usual order or like me you chop & change each time? Honey ribs would be my usual fall back if I'm in a hurry.

Ah jaysus....
    Noticed in the two Chinese takeaways I go to that the staff are all wearing masks these days. Actually have a bit of a goo on me for one tonight now, shop local & all that :D

The funny thing is they weren't allowed the Chinese but can go to a concert in the 3 arena tonight no problem.

The funny thing is they weren't allowed the Chinese but can go to a concert in the 3 arena tonight no problem.

Sometimes people's logic just defies all sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

A local shop has a range of frozen goods on sale, all chicken based.
    Things like nuggets, breaded chicken pieces, peri-peri chicken pieces etc.
    All are imported from China!
    "Produced in China with Chinese chicken in an EU approved plant"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭straight

And score with some Italian guy over for the rugby match.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I hear the sale of Corona beer is well down too. :cool:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement

Our eldest is heading to the 3Arena tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement