Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesla model 3 insurance

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

I'm with Frank Glennon - haven't got a specific quote yet for the car, Performance, but went through it in detail with them at renewal time just over a month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

soc wrote: »
    +1

I'm having tremendous difficulty, and we have 20 years driving, full licence, 0 penalty points, full NCB and company has been trading since the 1990's...

We're trying to insure a Model 3 LR.

What model are you insuring? And who is your broker?
    All assistance would be appreciated

Standard Range Plus Model 3 and a Model S.
    Marsh Insurance Broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

bf wrote: »
    I'm with Frank Glennon - haven't got a specific quote yet for the car, Performance, but went through it in detail with them at renewal time just over a month ago

So now I know I have a delivery next month, I got a firm insurance quote. To change from a 530e to Model 3 Performance, based on switching today, will be an extra €34 (I've 9 months to renewal) through Allianz.

Tried to get a quote form EVInsurance.ie for comparative sake for company car & insurance in personal name, told me they couldn't quote yet for end November delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

For anyone looking for ev car insurance I got an excellent price from EVInsurance.

They have loads of ev benefits associated with the policy too.

Just got quoted €499 for Tesla Model 3 LR registered in Company Name but policy in Director's name.

We're also looking at possibly putting Tesla insurance policy in Company Name and husband keep NCB to use on a private car...which is coming in around €900.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,035 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I got a quote from EVInsurance for €460 on a standard range plus. Car owned by my limited company, insured in my own name, girlfriend as a named driver. Pretty happy with that.

I asked about adding full no claims protection to that quote (€460 includes stepback) and it came to €525.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

123.ie still don't have the model 3 on their system, so quoted for an S 75D , no charge to change from a 530i third party to a M3P fully comp, they said they'll add the specific model to the 'VIP section', whatever that is.

Ev insurance quoted 545, paying around 460 for the 530i

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sln852

Has anyone found a policy with windscreen cover that also covers the glass roof on the Model 3?

I'm in the process of renewing the policy for the current car while keeping in mind that i'll need to switch when the Model 3 finally gets delivered and the windscreen cover on the policies i've looked at exclude glass roofs.

Even the AXA car insurance policy document excludes it. I couldn't find a specific policy document for their InsureMyTesla product but i would expect there to be some cover in there for glass roofs if they're promoting Tesla insurance. Has anyone opted for that cover and does it cover the roof?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 alexpowermetal

123.ie is now offering insurance on Model 3. It's on their system now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Thanks for the tip.

Was struggling finding a quote on a Model S for less than 1100 and this crowd are 645 fully comp!

They don't get the best feedback from a few posters on here tho, but my best quote by a long way, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

BigAl81 wrote: »
    123.ie.........They don't get the best feedback from a few posters on here tho

I've a very close relative who has first hand experience of 123.ie after a claim. He had nothing but good things to say about how they handled it, how his renewal premium, post claim, only marginally increased (claims loading was €150 extra odd) & how he even easily changed car, mid policy year, without issue.

I wouldn't hesitate using them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

123.ie is just a brand of RSA, who are an insurance behemoth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Kramer wrote: »
    I've a very close relative who has first hand experience of 123.ie after a claim. He had nothing but good things to say about how they handled it, how his renewal premium, post claim, only marginally increased (claims loading was €150 extra odd) & how he even easily changed car, mid policy year, without issue.

I wouldn't hesitate using them.

I had a similar experience - all positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Speaking of insurance, has anybody taken out gap insurance / return to invoice insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I think the only issue I had with 123 was getting my relatively elderly (but <75 y/o) mother added to the policy as a named driver, which Axa handled with no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dbloke

I got a quote from The AA that was €100 cheaper than Axa.

They then followed up with an email offering a €20 FUEL voucher for buying online!! LOL

123.ie were €100 cheaper again.

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

dbloke wrote: »
    I got a quote from The AA that was €100 cheaper than Axa.

They then followed up with an email offering a €20 FUEL voucher for buying online!! LOL

123.ie were €100 cheaper again.

I've heard they're not much use when you need them though. Ioniq user's car flooded in the storms and Liberty are screwing him on renewals. €3k premium. Heard 123 are pretty poor too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement