Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

DebJZ wrote: »
    Just a quick question about how to format the Virgin Media text competitions.
    I did a couple lately and didn't get a reply.
    https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie/competitions/article/1052/WIN-with-Irelands-Blue-Book-and-Ireland-AM
    Do you text the word and the answer i.e. TRIP A or do you just text the word i.e TRIP and then answer the question with a reply? As it costs to text I don't want to get it wrong again.

I find their information online very confusing. Not clear on which way to do it. Do you watch the shows on which the competition is advertised? They might have more info on entry. Otherwise I'd contact them before entering any more.

Onity wrote: »
    2 free tickets for:

JOJO RABBIT - Advance Preview Screening
    TUESDAY (today) December 10th
    Lighthouse Cinema, Smithfield
    Film Starts: 7pm sharp
    Drinks reception at 6:30pm

Raging I can't go, would love to give this to a Taika Waititi fan or whoever wants them!

It was great, hope someone took the tickets:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

DebJZ wrote: »
    Just a quick question about how to format the Virgin Media text competitions.
    I did a couple lately and didn't get a reply.
    https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie/competitions/article/1052/WIN-with-Irelands-Blue-Book-and-Ireland-AM
    Do you text the word and the answer i.e. TRIP A or do you just text the word i.e TRIP and then answer the question with a reply? As it costs to text I don't want to get it wrong again.
    Any time ive entered I just text the word and then u get a reply back with the question which u say A b or c and ur details. I won once with them a few years ago in the run up to Christmas a voucher

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Couldnt believe it - it cost €2.20 to enter that comp :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭DebJZ

Thanks guys. That worked. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 pippin5

Does anyone know about the Taste.ie facebook competitions?

The winners for the following competitions were due to be announced in early November through to early December. (There are other smaller competitions outstanding).

Win €200 ELY voucher.
    Win an Overnight Bed & Breakfast with Dinner at the Foyle Hotel for two persons plus a signed Donegal Table Cookbook
    Win a Party for You and Three Friends Worth €750 in the 101 Limerick

However, to date, no winners have been announced. One in particular was for a party night in Limerick, which would be difficult for anyone to arrange before Christmas at this late stage. I first asked on the facebook page as to when we would hear who won the competition. I got no response, so I followed up with 3 direct messages to Taste.ie over the past 3 weeks but I have never heard back from them.

There is also a new competition from Taste.ie for a €500 for the Sheen Falls which someone has queried as to whether this was last year's competition as the dates are for January 2019. It could be a simple numerical error, but with their previous track record, I would be querying this also.

As my messages have been ignored, has anyone idea what should be my next course of action?

Also 7UP, did not award one of their weeks' prizes in their facebook €500 worth of prizes. again I have been ignored when I contacted them (I contacted their marketing company which organises these competitions for 7up).

Any advice would be much appreciated. I get really irked when companies do not abide by their own rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Priestess101

pippin5 wrote: »
    Does anyone know about the Taste.ie facebook competitions?

The winners for the following competitions were due to be announced in early November through to early December. (There are other smaller competitions outstanding).

Win €200 ELY voucher.
    Win an Overnight Bed & Breakfast with Dinner at the Foyle Hotel for two persons plus a signed Donegal Table Cookbook
    Win a Party for You and Three Friends Worth €750 in the 101 Limerick

However, to date, no winners have been announced. One in particular was for a party night in Limerick, which would be difficult for anyone to arrange before Christmas at this late stage. I first asked on the facebook page as to when we would hear who won the competition. I got no response, so I followed up with 3 direct messages to Taste.ie over the past 3 weeks but I have never heard back from them.

There is also a new competition from Taste.ie for a €500 for the Sheen Falls which someone has queried as to whether this was last year's competition as the dates are for January 2019. It could be a simple numerical error, but with their previous track record, I would be querying this also.

As my messages have been ignored, has anyone idea what should be my next course of action?

Also 7UP, did not award one of their weeks' prizes in their facebook €500 worth of prizes. again I have been ignored when I contacted them (I contacted their marketing company which organises these competitions for 7up).

Any advice would be much appreciated. I get really irked when companies do not abide by their own rules.

Pippin5 - You'll find some useful advice about how to complain from this famous UK comper's blog - https://superlucky.me/how-to-chase-up-a-prize/
    Got some brilliant advice especially if you're getting no luck in getting the promoter to respond to you via private messages, public tweets, fb comments etc. Last resort would be, to politely threaten the company with an ASAI complaint. I've done this on a few occasions with success where they got back to me in a day or two.

If you have any more questions or need help filing a complaint, feel free to PM me and I'll do whatever I can to help. Good luck!

Thanks Priestess101,

I know Di (SuperLucky) from way back and she is a rock of sense, so having had a look on the link, I am going to go down the road of quoting the asaicode/section-5-promotional-marketing-practices/ in my direct message to Taste.ie. In particular the following ‘Promoters should either publish, or make available on request, details of the name and county of residence of prize-winners.’ As I have requested this 4 times from them and not received a response, they now know that I am aware that they are in breach of the code. I am giving them a specific period of time to get back to me. If I don't receive a response, I will send them another email to tell them that I will be contacting ASAI directly. I might contact 7up directly, as they might not be aware that the marketing promotional company has not allocated all the prizes. I will let you all know if I get any response.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MelBri

Hi guys, bit of a long post but I could really do with some advice.

I won a competition on Instagram on Halloween for a 100euro voucher to spend online on a vintage clothing store. I messaged the group and got a reply congratulating me and telling me to pick my items off the site and tell them what I wanted and provide them with an address. I said I would have a look at their site and get back to them.

The site has quite a lot of items with new stock dropping all the time so I spent a while looking. For black Friday they launched a half price sale which I was very pleased about as it meant my prize would stretch a little further. I finished picking out my items and messaged them letting them know I was ready to order. They said that was fine but that the items would be full price and I could not avail of the discount. I was pretty surprised about that and told them that I thought that it was unfair that I would be charged twice the current selling price. They responded by telling me that I had not claimed my prize (which I did) and that because it had been 3 weeks since I won that they were running a new competition for 100 euro credit. They also said if I had bought the giftcard from them that I could use it on the sale but because I had been "given" it I couldn't. I told them that I had no idea the prize had to be used immediately as giftcards never work that way and that I was disappointed as I liked their site.

I sent them my address and the items I picked and got no reply but assumed they were posting my order. That was November 25th. A week later I asked for an update and got no reply. A few days later I asked again, and then again, and then again and have got no replies since. I can see that they're online, posting in their stories and adding posts to their page but they are ignoring my messages. I've been messaging them politely every day with no answer. I think because I said that I thought it was unfair I couldn't get the discount they have decided not to give me the prize at all. I'm pretty annoyed about it but I have no idea what to do. I have screenshots of the messages which show them ignoring me. They also have a Facebook page which I could probably leave a negative review on but I don't really want to go that route unless I have to. Any ideas?

thanks

Hi MelBri,

It is really unfair that they haven't provided you with your prize. I have had problems in the past when claiming prizes. Once, the prize promotion company did not tag me to say that I had won or even send me an email. Only for a friend noticing that I had won, I would never have known about it. I sent them a polite direct message and that sorted it. I let the parent company know that I had not been contacted by the prize promotion company. Another time I only received half my prize, in this case I contacted all 3 relevant sponsors and the prize promotors at once and it was immediately sorted. Once when I won a large prize of an overseas holiday and was given the run around by a worker of the marketing section of the company. She then went on maternity leave without dealing with the issue and I really thought I had lost the prize. The person who filled in for this lady though, sorted it out for me as soon as she could.

I have learnt the following: Be polite from the outset, even if looks like the promoter has not done their job, I would always suggest that it is a genuine mistake and ask them if this could be sorted. This has always worked for me. It seems like this is what you did. However, when you asked to buy sale products with the voucher, the company were not willing to play ball. Have you got a screenshot of the terms and conditions, does it mention anything about the voucher cannot be used to purchase sale goods? Have a look at the following saicode/section-5-promotional-marketing-practices/ on the asai website, to see if this issue is covered in the standards. Sometimes however, you are at the mercy of the promoter and that shouldn't be the case. I have noticed (as with the aforementioned post about the prizes not being allocated) that facebook/instagram/twitter competitions do not seem to be run with the same attention to rules as other competitions and this is wrong. You have tried polite, I would suggest that you now tell them that you are aware of the asai code and will be conntacting asai to complain. Be prepared that they will still not allow you to buy sale goods on the voucher, and that will all depend on the terms and conditions. This competition is run directly by the promotor, so it is not like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I wish you luck. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any help. It is always a delicate balance with prizes and it can be tricky sometimes.

• Advertisement

Hi Pippin,

thanks for the reply. I've noticed a similar thing as you on Facebook where they will mention a winners name without tagging and leave it up to the person to hopefully notice it and contact them. It's very annoying and I almost missed out on a few wins myself that way.

I have definitely remained polite throughout even though I'm getting very frustrated as it's very obvious that they're ignoring me in the hopes I'll just go away. They never made any t&cs for this competition, I have a screenshot of the competition post and they never stated any rules on how the voucher could/could not be used. When they told me I couldn't use the giftcard on the sale, which was on all items on the website, I stated that I was dissapointed about that but I then accepted it and told them the items I wanted at full price. The problem is that they don't even want to let me have the items at full price. It's frustrating because it's one jacket, and one jumper and I just think it's pretty mean to take the prize away from me.

I will have a look at the asai website as you've suggested and I think I will also let them know that I'm aware of the asai. They also have a website and facebook so I might contact them on both of those platforms and see if I can get them to reply to my messages there.

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I really would like to get it sorted because I think they are being really unfair in how they've dealt with this.

It is amazing how the Taste.ie who have ignored all my private messages over the past number of weeks, took less than 24 hours to reply to me once I mentioned ASAI code of practice. There was no explanation or apology as to why I wasn't responded to or why they didn't allocate the prizes on the dates outlined (one prize in particular was to be announced in early November, with the implication being that it would be used on the run up to Christmas - no longer an option at this late stage). They did admit that there other competition announcements outstanding and that they would post these today as well. I hope all the winners enjoy their prizes, I know I won't be one of them as I am sure my name is mud in The Taste offices :-) . On another note, I received confirmation yesterday that I won a lovely prize in a competition run by another food related promoter, it must be karma. Anyway, feeling like a bit of a crusader here. Thanks to Priestess 101 for the advice. Happy days!

This is the email I received:

Thank you for your messages regarding the 101 Limerick Competition.

The winner was Elaine XXXX and this is being published on the site today along with the other outstanding winner announcements.

Best regards
    TheTaste Team

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭magicray

MelBri wrote: »
    Hi guys, bit of a long post but I could really do with some advice.

I won a competition on Instagram on Halloween for a 100euro voucher to spend online on a vintage clothing store. I messaged the group and got a reply congratulating me and telling me to pick my items off the site and tell them what I wanted and provide them with an address. I said I would have a look at their site and get back to them.

The site has quite a lot of items with new stock dropping all the time so I spent a while looking. For black Friday they launched a half price sale which I was very pleased about as it meant my prize would stretch a little further. I finished picking out my items and messaged them letting them know I was ready to order. They said that was fine but that the items would be full price and I could not avail of the discount. I was pretty surprised about that and told them that I thought that it was unfair that I would be charged twice the current selling price. They responded by telling me that I had not claimed my prize (which I did) and that because it had been 3 weeks since I won that they were running a new competition for 100 euro credit. They also said if I had bought the giftcard from them that I could use it on the sale but because I had been "given" it I couldn't. I told them that I had no idea the prize had to be used immediately as giftcards never work that way and that I was disappointed as I liked their site.

I sent them my address and the items I picked and got no reply but assumed they were posting my order. That was November 25th. A week later I asked for an update and got no reply. A few days later I asked again, and then again, and then again and have got no replies since. I can see that they're online, posting in their stories and adding posts to their page but they are ignoring my messages. I've been messaging them politely every day with no answer. I think because I said that I thought it was unfair I couldn't get the discount they have decided not to give me the prize at all. I'm pretty annoyed about it but I have no idea what to do. I have screenshots of the messages which show them ignoring me. They also have a Facebook page which I could probably leave a negative review on but I don't really want to go that route unless I have to. Any ideas?

thanks

Are they only an online shop or can you pop in - if you are standing there in front of them it will be harder to fob you off

pippin5 wrote: »
    It is amazing how the Taste.ie who have ignored all my private messages over the past number of weeks, took less than 24 hours to reply to me once I mentioned ASAI code of practice. There was no explanation or apology as to why I wasn't responded to or why they didn't allocate the prizes on the dates outlined (one prize in particular was to be announced in early November, with the implication being that it would be used on the run up to Christmas - no longer an option at this late stage). They did admit that there other competition announcements outstanding and that they would post these today as well. I hope all the winners enjoy their prizes, I know I won't be one of them as I am sure my name is mud in The Taste offices :-) . On another note, I received confirmation yesterday that I won a lovely prize in a competition run by another food related promoter, it must be karma. Anyway, feeling like a bit of a crusader here. Thanks to Priestess 101 for the advice. Happy days!

This is the email I received:

Thank you for your messages regarding the 101 Limerick Competition.

The winner was Elaine XXXX and this is being published on the site today along with the other outstanding winner announcements.

Best regards
    TheTaste Team

Your most welcome pippin5, so glad you finally got them to play ball - making Irish competitions fairer one day at a time, LOL. Everybody deserves to win their prizes as promised in the right way!

Won a voucher for a pizza at the Mont hotel (in Sin Bin or Speranza). There's a code to be quoted if you're booking. I'm unlikely to use it (though valid until 2024). Happy to pass it on if one of you think you'll make use. I'll pass it to someone in work if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

Hi ZombieMed, Thank you for your kind offer, I would just love it please! I was really hoping I might win one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ladymary

Well guys and gals how is everybody doing in the xmas competitions any nice wins, in need of a bit of inspiration..... Gormal nice surprise win..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

Pretty bleak really. (so far in the Christmas ones) Finding a lot UK only which is frustrating when they sell their products here, call themselves xxxxeurope, or xxxx UK and Ireland. Or better still Dubarry Ireland having a UK only giveaway!!

But I won week 2 Hampers & co and €100 me2you (both instagram ) back in November. The surprise Brooke & shoals hamper (saving for Christmas day), an ice scraper (twitter) and 2 items of cosmetics from the Evoke newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Feck all other than a ww2 compass which turns out to be a cheap Indian knock off

Won a Nespresso Coffee Machine for my Mam and a €100 Peter Mark voucher last week delighted so don’t hold your breath guys!

Congrats Gormal but more importantly thank you for giving us links to these competitions all this time, it’s been a pleasure to be on this forum. You’re Wonderful!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ladymary wrote: »
    Well guys and gals how is everybody doing in the xmas competitions any nice wins, in need of a bit of inspiration..... Gormal nice surprise win..

I've won nought :(

Happy Christmas

magicray wrote: »
    Are they only an online shop or can you pop in - if you are standing there in front of them it will be harder to fob you off

Hi, just saw your reply now. They're an online store predominantly who infrequently do pop up shop dates in Dublin. If I can't get things sorted I will most probably go along to the next one and try talk to them.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Onity

Has anyone else noticed that the Club Bitscoin page hasn't been updated in about a week? Other times they've not updated it for 3/4 days so there definitely isn't one winner per day as per the Ts&Cs :/

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Has anyone else noticed that the Club Bitscoin page hasn't been updated in about a week? Other times they've not updated it for 3/4 days so there definitely isn't one winner per day as per the Ts&Cs :/

Yes I have noticed that too. Is today the last day of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Onity

cvb03 wrote: »
    Yes I have noticed that too. Is today the last day of it?

Yep looks like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

Just a heads up if you won a One4all other prepaid gift card. From 10th January there is a spending cap per transaction

Lifting the anonymity on electronic money products (prepaid cards) in particular when used online. Member States will have the possibility to allow the anonymous use of electronic money products only in two situations:

(i) when customers use their prepaid instrument (such as prepaid cards) directly in the shop for a maximum transaction amount of €150;
    (ii) when customers carry out an online transaction with a prepaid card below €50.

Yet to find updated T&Cs stating this on FromMe2You, but One4all confirmed the above and put (ii) in their T&Cs

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭EletricMan

I emailed the email address in the Ts &C's regarding winners or lack of winners ages ago and I questioned the site not updating. I didn't receive any response.......

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Had by far my most successful competition year ever in 2019... 7 day trip to turkey (Q102) was the highlight of it, and probably the only competition I won that didnt come from here... A night at the dogs for 10 people, a 55" LG tv, numerous event tickets, and a meal for 4 all came from here... And not to forget 2 bagel tins!!!...Calculated it at €3,410 worth of prizes, so a big thank you to all here that post... I probably entered over 5,000 competitions throughout the year, but its definitely worth it!!!...
    ...I hope 2020 is a successful one for all of you (providing I don't get there first of course lol)...

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ladymary

anybody doing the holiday comp on 2day FM cant remember if today's gate no code is D02 or D102 anybody listening..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭COD4132

Wow this is a hard ONE. anyone else attempting the limerick leader quiz? not even a quarter through and its taking ages.................

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/506402/enter-the-limerick-leader-new-year-quiz-and-win-a-weekend-away-at-fota-island-resort.html

Advertisement