Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Starting to have my doubts now that there will be a price cut for black Friday and I think a bundle offer is completely out the window. 400 euro would be my trigger to buy fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

mrcheez wrote: »

Also got Dreadhalls for free as I have it on Rift... I think this is going to be the scariest way to play it as the wire was always something that took me out of the experience.

I dont normally scare easily but I can't play dreadhalls. It's pretty basic graphics wise (reminds me of the tv show knightmare tbh) but it's just so bloody scary. I can't take peeking around the dark corners to see if there's anything there and if there is then then headset comes off straight away and I dont go back for a few days. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I dont normally scare easily but I can't play dreadhalls. It's pretty basic graphics wise (reminds me of the tv show knightmare tbh) but it's just so bloody scary. I can't take peeking around the dark corners to see if there's anything there and if there is then then headset comes off straight away and I dont go back for a few days. Good luck!

It's the breathing that gets me. Whenever he starts shivering, I go "what? WHAT?!?!?"... then I turn around...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Starting to have my doubts now that there will be a price cut for black Friday and I think a bundle offer is completely out the window. 400 euro would be my trigger to buy fingers crossed

What's the thought process? I've some extra case after a holiday fell through and was gonna cheer myself up with one of these but weary of ordering so close to Black Friday/ Cyber Monday

ShooterSF wrote: »
    What's the thought process? I've some extra case after a holiday fell through and was gonna cheer myself up with one of these but weary of ordering so close to Black Friday/ Cyber Monday

Not a sniff of a leak online regarding price drop for black Friday, but there is for the rift s and the the go. I'm going to wait anyways as I only need it for Christmas

• Advertisement

Not a sniff of a leak online regarding price drop for black Friday, but there is for the rift s and the the go. I'm going to wait anyways as I only need it for Christmas

Ah I see. They have a deal with a free star wars game which looks like it is all we get :) but that has to be ordered after 9am Pacific Time tomorrow, per their blog, so that is probably how long I'll wait. Oculus store working out cheaper than Amazon.

Great deal happy enough with that, its all 3 episodes too which is €30 worth. Might get a discount on black friday too even if it was 5% disocount plus the star wars game then I am all in

Where are you seeing this deal for Quest with all Star Wars episodes for free?

Ah right... on the blog

https://www.oculus.com/blog/get-the-complete-vader-immortal-a-vr-star-wars-series-saga-free-with-purchase-of-oculus-quest/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 grainne831

Anyone any feedback with regards delivery from Octolus website.....Looks like its shipped next day but just wondering how long before it would arrive.....where is it coming from ? will there be any extra duties to pay on arrival?

Also is 64gb enough don't want to upgrade further if not necessary.....it will mostly be used for gaming i suspect but im unsure as to what space is required for each game

Is everything you need in the box or do we need to buy further accessories?

Looking to buy this as an xmas present so appreciate any responses

Everything you need is in the box. No extra shipping duties as it's sold within EU.

Personally I'd go for the larger size to avoid having to delete contents, but many seem ok with 64GB.
    About 12GB is reserved for the OS, so in reality it's a 52GB headset.

Here's an idea of file sizes: https://uploadvr.com/oculus-quest-game-install-sizes/

but bear in mind you can also upload custom songs in Beat Saber, or upload 3D films.

• Advertisement

That's Great thanks for the link Mrcheez...reckon ill stick to the 63GB...Any idea of timeline for delivery if ordered from Oculus website

grainne831 wrote: »
    That's Great thanks for the link Mrcheez...reckon ill stick to the 63GB...Any idea of timeline for delivery if ordered from Oculus website

It was pretty quick iirc... about 3-4 days

excellent thanks!

So the Vader deal is officially up and I pulled the trigger. Apparently there is some go games ported to the quest and if you bought them on the go you get them on the quest too so that is a plus. Might have to offload the poor Go now though and find some space in my council house to actually use the Quest haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ShamrockAir

I drove from Killarney to Newry last Friday to buy myself a quest. I had being humming and hawning about it for a few weeks and was going to pick it up in the States next January.

I had the Gear VR and the rift. Im loving the quest. I have being really impressed with the 180 videos on YouTube.

I drove from Killarney to Newry last Friday to buy myself a quest. I had being humming and hawning about it for a few weeks and was going to pick it up in the States next January.

I had the Gear VR and the rift. Im loving the quest. I have being really impressed with the 180 videos on YouTube.

Did you get the deal on the vader games? Mines in transit from oculus store but their courier uses fast way way here so who knows when I'll see it...

Did you get the deal on the vader games? Mines in transit from oculus store but their courier uses fast way way here so who knows when I'll see it...
    I did. I waited until after midnight to set it up. At first it was showing the price for the games. When I came out of the store and back it they were there for free. Im not a lover of star wars but I tried the 1st episode for 10mins and it was pretty good. I might give the movies a go again.

I did. I waited until after midnight to set it up. At first it was showing the price for the games. When I came out of the store and back it they were there for free. Im not a lover of star wars but I tried the 1st episode for 10mins and it was pretty good. I might give the movies a go again.

Make sure to try the dojo it's really good!

FYI: Half Life is on sale on Steam... €0.81

You can play Half Life in VR on Quest using https://www.lambda1vr.com/

Mines in transit from oculus store but their courier uses fast way way here so who knows when I'll see it...

I owe fastway my deepest apologies as my headset was awaiting me when I got home today :D and oh wow. I've only dipped my toes in as I need to move the kitchen table later to try the hole move around thing but it has blown me away already. I thought go was a huge leap from cardboard (my two previous experiences) but this might even be a bigger leap again. Just in the tutorial picking up things had me giddy. Already set up sidequest and tried out crisis (think Time Crisis) which is good fun but again I'll have to wait till later to really try it. Picked up job simulator, thrill of the fight, superhot and richies plank (that seemed a bit expensive but I have a fear of heights and games like that seem to help with it)

• Advertisement

I owe fastway my deepest apologies as my headset was awaiting me when I got home today :D and oh wow. I've only dipped my toes in as I need to move the kitchen table later to try the hole move around thing but it has blown me away already. I thought go was a huge leap from cardboard (my two previous experiences) but this might even be a bigger leap again. Just in the tutorial picking up things had me giddy. Already set up sidequest and tried out crisis (think Time Crisis) which is good fun but again I'll have to wait till later to really try it. Picked up job simulator, thrill of the fight, superhot and richies plank (that seemed a bit expensive but I have a fear of heights and games like that seem to help with it)
    Delighted for you :). Im off work Friday I will have to set up side quest. Did you follow a youtube tutorial? Or is there a certain method that you used? RecRoom is pretty good and free. I love the paintballing

Delighted for you :). Im off work Friday I will have to set up side quest. Did you follow a youtube tutorial? Or is there a certain method that you used? RecRoom is pretty good and free. I love the paintballing

I must check out recroom. I just went to their website and followed the guide there. It's pretty easy actually. You'll need the right shape of cable to hook up to your pc. My phone one worked fine.
    Now to look up replacement inserts cause that thrill of the fight is some workout!

Was it This Guide Shooter?

Yep just select setup at the top and follow along!

I had a notification ction in the oculus app on my phone to say I had €4 credit for the store. Might be worth checking out. I didn't see the notifiction on the quest itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Was really hoping for some discount on this today 😔
    Not sure if the Vader package is enough for me to pull the trigger on this, but close, so very close

brav wrote: »
    Was really hoping for some discount on this today 😔
    Not sure if the Vader package is enough for me to pull the trigger on this, but close, so very close

I had being hoping for a discount as well and was going to hold off until Black Friday. I took a look at the best buy brochure the week before and there was no mention of a discount, it was the same with all the forums I read. Apparently they are selling it very close to cost price at a slight loss and are hoping to make a profit from the store.

I still think it was money well spent. I have being really impressed with it coming from the Gear VR and Rift.

Well no deals today but still pulled the trigger, Was planning on getting vadar immortal anyways so that's a €30 saving.

Well no deals today but still pulled the trigger, Was planning on getting vadar immortal anyways so that's a €30 saving.

Congrats. Vader Immortal is great. Vader is a scary MF when you see him standing up in front of you.

• Advertisement

mrcheez wrote: »
    Congrats. Vader Immortal is great. Vader is a scary MF when you see him standing up in front of you.

It's is gonna be an epic star wars Christmas, between the mandelorian, rise of Skywalker, jedi fallen order and now vadar immortal it's a good time to be a star wars fan ðŸ‘, see ye all in the virtual reality

Advertisement