Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Bought directly from Oculus on friday as amazon had sold out of 64gb, anyone know how long delivery takes for Ireland once they say its shipped? Think I read somewhere their EU distribution is located in netherlands but may be wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭theboringfox

VinLieger wrote: »
    Bought directly from Oculus on friday as amazon had sold out of 64gb, anyone know how long delivery takes for Ireland once they say its shipped? Think I read somewhere their EU distribution is located in netherlands but may be wrong?

Ordered mine on 30th Nov and had it by 4th Dec. I am pretty sure when I ordered that was the date they estimated I would receive it by when I went to order.

Only had it a few days. Not big into tech or games. Nothing has blown me away like this before in terms of trying new tech. It is amazing

Ordered mine on 30th Nov and had it by 4th Dec. I am pretty sure when I ordered that was the date they estimated I would receive it by when I went to order.

Only had it a few days. Not big into tech or games. Nothing has blown me away like this before in terms of trying new tech. It is amazing

Thanks, the estimation was shipping by the 12th so if it takes 3-4 days im fine with that, really looking forward to playing with it.

Tested a friends vive last year and it was pretty cool, would need to upgrade my pc a tiny bit to run one of the top sets which i wouldnt mind but i don't really have a big enough space really to set one up that's wired with the base stations for room scale etc so the quest is the ideal solution from what ive heard while it will still allow playing from PC via the new lynk cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

EDIT: CLICK AND COLLECT ONLY
    Might be handy for someone near Newry

Oculus Quest 64GB going for £359.10 with code from Argos eBay UK.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/oculus-quest-64gb-vr-headset-using-10-free-collection-from-store-ebay-3359378

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Doge wrote: »

Works out as €450 anyways so your 100% better just buying from Oculus direct

Didn't realise it was cheaper from Oculus Direct for us Irish people!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

brav wrote: »

Another major advancement for VR pr0n ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,016 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I'm thinking of doing this too as it seems to be the cheapest way and it seems to be sold out nearly everywhere else.

It's saying ships by December 24 on the site. Anyone estimate what this would mean for when it would be likely to arrive through my letterbox if I ordered today or tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

I'm thinking of doing this too as it seems to be the cheapest way and it seems to be sold out nearly everywhere else.

It's saying ships by December 24 on the site. Anyone estimate what this would mean for when it would be likely to arrive through my letterbox if I ordered today or tomorrow?

I ordered one of Sunday with estimate saying shipping by December 17th - but got a shipment notification and tracking number last night, so I think those dates are worst case scenarios

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ShamrockAir

brav wrote: »

Support for AMD cards and voice commands as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Ok I'm gonna admit being able to flip the bird with the hand controls made me smile :D

I can't wait until Thrill of the Fight is updated to work with this.

Support for AMD cards and voice commands as well.

Great news, Just did a new PC build with an RX580 in it

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭DK224

Just for people worrying about not getting a Quest before Christmas going by the estimated shipping dates on the Oculus site. I ordered a Quest on Tuesday evening and got an estimated delivery date of Dec 23 but just got an email saying it was shipped with an expected arrival date of Monday Dec 16th.
    Now onto looking at specs for a new VR ready PC to replace my 10 year old Dell :eek:

Bought mine on the friday 6th, shipped on tuesday with a delivery date of friday 13th, hasnt arrived yet but should do on monday as i know it arrived in Ireland thursday evening.

Oculus seem to use Yodel for their main shipper and then pass it off to fastway when it gets to ireland, so once yodel say its at the "international hub" you can plug yodels tracking number into fastway and it will give you the info on where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Conba

Got hand tracking working. Laggy, janky and very limited for now but I think it'll be compelling in time.

Star Trek bridge crew cross.platform.now and available from ubisoft store for €13.99 for base game and tng dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ShamrockAir

Star Trek bridge crew cross.platform.now and available from ubisoft store for €13.99 for base game and tng dlc.

I bought this game but cant remember on which platform. I never got round to playing it. I must check it out.

• Advertisement

For it to activate on Quest you have to buy main game and the DLC, ubisoft will send you the codes for oculus site and once you activate them both the game will show as free in the Quest store

For it to activate on Quest you have to buy main game and the DLC, ubisoft will send you the codes for oculus site and once you activate them both the game will show as free in the Quest store

I thought Ubisoft closed the loop on this?

mrcheez wrote: »
    I thought Ubisoft closed the loop on this?

Well it worked for me

Well it worked for me

Worked today?

Thrill of the fight €6.99 on the oculus store today, supposed to be a great game especially with fitness in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

mrcheez wrote: »
    Worked today?

Worked with keys bought from Fanatical

Worked with keys bought from Fanatical

yeah seems that's something new

https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/ee86r8/star_trek_bridge_crew_only_1143_get_it_while_it/

Ubisoft locked down the other loophole at the time though.

Finally got around to installing Half Life and Quake 1 / 2 on the Quest yesterday using "SideQuest".

All of these are incredible, but Half Life is nigh on perfection. The feeling of walking around in Half Life wirelessly (granted it's limited to my small space) is incredible.

I think it's the best experience I've had on my Quest so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Any place in ireland i can try on a quest?

• Advertisement

Anyone manage to get prime video on the quest, not showing in app store

Advertisement