Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-10-2019, 23:24   #451
ruwithme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Reeves View Post
I have a few of these bullsh!tters as well. I have laid it out in black and white and when I mention the 20c/kg extra most of there were getting up until the present strke ended most shut the f@@k up. I have made it plain to them if they had put there shoulder to the wheel as well it would not have lasted as long as it did.

I can get real thick as well and do not stand for bullying or BS either
i would have thought you thats always posting figures would have realised it was a 8 cent a kg increase.
Advertisement
18-10-2019, 23:42   #452
Robson99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruwithme View Post
i would have thought you thats always posting figures would have realised it was a 8 cent a kg increase.
He is not on about that.
Thanks from:
19-10-2019, 00:07   #453
Bass Reeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panch18 View Post
Christ do you actually think this is some kind of victory or something??

WOW
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panch18 View Post
This ****ing 20 cent you keep on about. How do you know who’s getting or who isn’t?

You don’t. Your just guessing

The only ones doing the bullying are those who stood on factory gates totally against the will of most beef farmers. A cohort of loud mouthed f@@kers who had nothing to loose themselves but we’re more than willing to sacrifice beef finishers. That’s a simple fact for yiu
The majority backed the protest. There was a reason why ICSA, ICMSA, andIFA all came behind it becase the MAJORITY of farmers backed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysfarm View Post
well said. and as for the 20 cents extra, i got one animal away this morning to Eurofarm Duleek and took 20 cents lessa kg than any other factory was offering. the only reason that i took 20 cents less was because Duleek was the only place that would take her off me!
We are taking about the base for prime cattle heifers and steers not the odd canner cow

Quote:
well it there was a problem at the factory gate then the protests made it worse. i am telling ya, larry came up with the protest idea in the first place. who else would be that stupid to protest at that time of the year.
Delusions and conspiracy theories. I suppose there no family holiday next year For some it more mundane it a case of putting kids through college, bread on the table, or a few pints Saturday night after the local team win the County Final
19-10-2019, 06:03   #454
duffysfarm

Keep on dreaming boss, Larry still loves you

Quote:
Yes

The majority backed the protest. There was a reason why ICSA, ICMSA, andIFA all came behind it becase the MAJORITY of farmers backed it

We are taking about the base for prime cattle heifers and steers not the odd canner cow

Delusions and conspiracy theories. I suppose there no family holiday next year For some it more mundane it a case of putting kids through college, bread on the table, or a few pints Saturday night after the local team win the County Final
(2) thanks from:
19-10-2019, 07:36   #455
greysides

Mod: Okay lads, let's cool this down a level. Don't make it personal.
Advertisement
19-10-2019, 07:38   #456
duffysfarm

Agree, maybe it should be closed down as I don't see it going anywhere at this stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by greysides View Post
Mod: Okay lads, let's cool this down a level. Don't make it personal.
19-10-2019, 07:45   #457
wrangler

Quote:
Yes

IFA told farmers it was up to themselves and to be fair the mess was landed in on them when it went bad.
To accuse them of backing it would be an exaggeration
I'm sure they knew well that any deal was going to end badly and were brave to get involved, It was a no win situation,
If brexit happens those protests will be the gift that keeps on giving for a long long time if demand from britain is curtailed in any way
(2) thanks from:
19-10-2019, 10:19   #458
memorystick

Quote:
Agree, maybe it should be closed down as I don't see it going anywhere at this stage
The thread or farming?
19-10-2019, 23:29   #459
Good loser

Quote:
BS the price of cattle in the marts is dictated by finished cattle prices that factories pay. Poor returns are because of poor factory prices. It not like processors will compete for farmers cattle in the mart

Amazing you see that connection - store prices reflecting beef prices

And not the fact that factory prices reflect market prices for beef.

There is no difference. Unless you're a conspiracy theorist!

Incidentally do you think there is a conspiracy among factories to pay 10c more for heifers than bullocks?
Advertisement
20-10-2019, 00:30   #460
Bass Reeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good loser View Post
Amazing you see that connection - store prices reflecting beef prices

And not the fact that factory prices reflect market prices for beef.

There is no difference. Unless you're a conspiracy theorist!

Incidentally do you think there is a conspiracy among factories to pay 10c more for heifers than bullocks?
The UK take over 50% of our beef. A market report in late summer showed that retail beef prices rose by 10%, the Irish factory price is running about 10-15% lower this year on the higher end if you take bull prices into account. The factory price drop would be much more if the strikes did not happen. Processors were talking about 3/kg most opinion was that they had an autumn price of lower than 3.3/kg in there sights. Under the payment system we are at 3.52 of a base for steers at the present base price of 3.45/kg

The reason processors pay 10c/kg more for heifers is I imagine that a much higher percentage fall within the UK supermarket spec which is the highest paying market. Only a small percentage of heifers go above 330kgs DW compared to the percentage of steers that go above 400kgs DW

No I am not a conspiracy theorist as yesterday
https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news...utp-directive/
(3) thanks from:
20-10-2019, 09:34   #461
kk.man

Quote:
The UK take over 50% of our beef. A market report in late summer showed that retail beef prices rose by 10%, the Irish factory price is running about 10-15% lower this year on the higher end if you take bull prices into account. The factory price drop would be much more if the strikes did not happen. Processors were talking about 3/kg most opinion was that they had an autumn price of lower than 3.3/kg in there sights. Under the payment system we are at 3.52 of a base for steers at the present base price of 3.45/kg

The reason processors pay 10c/kg more for heifers is I imagine that a much higher percentage fall within the UK supermarket spec which is the highest paying market. Only a small percentage of heifers go above 330kgs DW compared to the percentage of steers that go above 400kgs DW

I was talking to a guy who finishes alot of cattle during the week. He was furious with the grades he is getting for his finished stock since the new grading system is in place.
20-10-2019, 10:10   #462
gerryirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk.man View Post
I was talking to a guy who finishes alot of cattle during the week. He was furious with the grades he is getting for his finished stock since the new grading system is in place.
Ill have to take his word on it.. I cant get anything killed to find out...
20-10-2019, 10:53   #463
Hard Knocks

Quote:

Don’t forget the IFJ events earlier in the year were warning of €2.50/kg
Thanks from:
20-10-2019, 11:01   #464
Danzy
Banned

Without the protests, beef price would be significantly less.

I feel for the lad who has the full shed waiting but the pain of 3 a kg would be brutal as well.

Add in on top of that, it would finish lads bringing cattle to the Mart for short or longer term beef finishers. I buy most all my animals circa 400kg, 50 kg either way for differing reasons.

Unless larger operators will rear calves. Cabt aee that happening.
Thanks from:
20-10-2019, 11:15   #465
Gods Gift

2 600kg bullocks made €1350 yesterday in ballinakill.
Bps is out.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion