Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

tigger123 wrote: »
    El Camino is excellent, highly recommended.

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

evilcloud wrote: »
    Really enjoyed this too. Had an unsettling tone right from the beginning and keeps you guessing all the way through.

The trailer (like most Netflix trailers) does not do it justice and should be avoided.

Also had no idea it was directed by Brad Anderson (Session 9 and and The Machinist) until the credits rolled.

Really? Me and my wife guesses the plot with in 20 minutes. It was so painfully obvious. Also the film had some glaring plot holes to shoe horn that plot.

Acting was a bit forced, and the dialogue didn't feel natural.

Camera angles were good at creating a sense of unease.

No one in the film seemed to know how to be professional in their jobs.

It is a dud, another in a long line of stinkers from Netflix.

My wife and I were hoping that the last scene would have been 2 yellow biology waste bags...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Really? Me and my wife guesses the plot with in 20 minutes. It was so painfully obvious. Also the film had some glaring plot holes to shoe horn that plot.

My wife and I were hoping that the last scene would have been 2 yellow biology waste bags...

Same as this, not great

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

If my wife wasn’t insisting on finishing it I’d have stopped watching Unbelievable
    5 episodes in
    Nothing of note had happened since episode one
    Slow moving is one way if describing it but I’d have another !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

km79 wrote: »
    If my wife wasn’t insisting on finishing it I’d have stopped watching Unbelievable
    5 episodes in

i think you are going to get a bit of heat coming your way :)

• Advertisement

Dean
    As his father takes steps to move on, a New Yorker grieving his mom's death visits Los Angeles where new possibilities may bring him out of his funk.

Martin Matte: La vie, la mort...eh la la..!
    Quebecois comedy star Martin Matte serves up embarrassing personal stories, a solution for social media trolls and more in this unpredictable special.

added today

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

km79 wrote: »
    5 episodes in

I feel exactly the same as you. My Wife loved it, me not so much. Slow moving and a very obvious agenda. It's not bad but it's quite clearly a #metoo series.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I enjoyed it.

Watched topboy summerhouse last week.

On to Top boy now.

Kane Robinson acting has improved a lot over the years. Enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I enjoyed it.

On to Top boy now.

Started that yday
    Really like it

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Totally agree. I'm so tired of the
    unreliable narrator
    trope. What a useless film.
    It might have been an interesting idea at some stage and I did enjoy
    High Tension, for example,
    , but at this stage it's just annoying - this must be the
    fourth time
    Anderson is using this particular
    plot twist in some form (I just realized I've watched his other three films making use of it, and I only really liked Session9!).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Thought it was a bit disappointing, expected more.
    Worth the watch but not as good as I had hoped.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I enjoyed it.

On to Top boy now.

Watched all topboy/summerhouse. Thought it was very good.

Fractured - yeah - only worth a 5.5 out of 10 imo.

Derivative stuff really in terms of plot and cinematography.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TheRodgers

very disappointed with factured it tried to hard to be clever and in the end was not very clever at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Fractured wasn’t too bad, it had a decent cast, would give it 5/10.

In the Tall Grass was slightly better, middling Stephen King story, 6/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Thought You was great.

Kinda reminded me of a grown ups Gossip Girl with a dollop of Gone Girl thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Disagree. 5/10 from me.

In The Tall Grass... more like In The Tall Weeds.

Seriously bad, no sign of a plot, or story. Just an interesting idea that doesn't have enough momentum to sustain a full length feature film.

The film did achieve something unique
    a jump scare by a rock,
    other than that, don't bother with yet another Netflix dud.

The Game Changers (Arnold Schwarzenegger, Lewis Hamilton involved)
    Special Forces trainer James Wilks asks elite athletes to compare the merits of meat, protein and plants for building strength. Spoiler: plants win

Ghosts of Sugar Land
    Shocked when their friend embraces extremism, a group of Muslim Americans in Texas recount their time with him and theories about his fate.

League of Legends Origins
    Fans, experts and creators of the "League of Legends" detail the game's rise from free demo to global esports titan.

added today

notable removals
    Jurassic Park
    The Lost World: Jurassic Park
    Jurassic Park III
    Maron

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

peteeeed wrote: »
    Special Forces trainer James Wilks asks elite athletes to compare the merits of meat, protein and plants for building strength. Spoiler: plants win

Ghosts of Sugar Land
    Shocked when their friend embraces extremism, a group of Muslim Americans in Texas recount their time with him and theories about his fate.

Fans, experts and creators of the "League of Legends" detail the game's rise from free demo to global esports titan.

added today

notable removals
    Jurassic Park
    Jurassic Park III
    Maron

Why in God's name would you throw in a spoiler? Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I thought El Camino was okay. Not amazing, but not terrible.

Without spoiling anything, I got what I was looking for by the end, but as a fugitive movie it was very weak, I believe. Also, side-bar: the police are absolutely ****e at watching houses in this movie, and in Breaking Bad.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,165 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

peteeeed wrote: »

Ghosts of Sugar Land

added today

notable removals
    Jurassic Park
    Jurassic Park III
    Maron

Maron got removed? I only started watching that the last couple of weeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

El Camino was completely pointless, nothing but a cash-in. And I loved the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

60 Days In. Quite possibly the ultimate reality show. 7 people volunteer to go into an American prison as inmates. They have to make the other real prisoners believe their stories and survive a pretty hostile environment.

Car crash TV but addictive.

I was starting to get hooked but then I began overthinking it. Wanted to know if it was real. Google ruined it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,349 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Just finished El Marginel series 3. Not as real as Series 1 (can’t remember whether S2 was good or not) but still watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,708 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I was starting to get hooked but then I began overthinking it. Wanted to know if it was real. Google ruined it for me.

It's not real? Where did you see that?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

It's not real? Where did you see that?

Well it’s not exactly fake but a lot of it is staged and managed. The threat of violence is there but they don’t show anything. I thought some of the participants are not believable. The teacher definitely was not real. How could he be? And the young stay at home mother? Seriously? Why would someone put themselves in that position? I just didn’t believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I assumed there would be a recap or something at the start of El Camino. There wasn't, and you need to remember what happens in the last season to know what's going on. BB
    I was waiting to find out how Jesse escaped, but he actually escaped at the end of BB.

I assumed there would be a recap or something at the start of El Camino. There wasn't, and you need to remember what happens in the last season to know what's going on. BB
    I was waiting to find out how Jesse escaped, but he actually escaped at the end of BB.

There was a recap when we watched it. Quite a long one if I recall correctly.

• Advertisement

Just finished El Marginel series 3. Not as real as Series 1 (can’t remember whether S2 was good or not) but still watchable.

I think this series is really exceptional. The foul mouthed dialogue is about the funniest foul mouthed dialogue I’ve ever come across. So many brilliant pure evil characters! And really clever what they did at the end!

Advertisement