Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-08-2019, 17:52   #1
Fourier

VtM Part Four - Family

"Ly..."

Lysander hears the voice in the distance. It's Clarissa's.

"Lysander"

Jacqueline's.

"Kid"

Cock Robin's.

"My Childe"

Lau-Som-Bheu.

Then another speaks:

"Wake now. You owe me and I have debts to pay myself. Awake Shadow and lead"

Lysander's eyes burst open. He is lying in a room overlooking the Los Angeles night skyline.

Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-08-2019, 17:58   #2
Necro

Taking a moment to adjust to his surroundings, Lysander looks around the room warily. His last memory was of releasing the power he had taken from Jacqueline... then nothing.

'Where... am I? Did I... time jump?'
05-08-2019, 18:06   #3
Fourier

The room is a very fancy bedroom in what appears to be the penthouse of a high rise building on the city's outskirts. Thankfully a digital clock beside the bed tells him it's only a week later.
05-08-2019, 18:16   #4
Necro

Lysander rises and goes to the window, surveying the city briefly.

He then walks around the penthouse, stretching his legs.

He calls out softly
'Hello? Anybody there?'
05-08-2019, 18:20   #5
Fourier

As Lysander calls out he feels a presence in the room. Turning quickly he sees another Kindred.

"Mr Karpov. You are awake"

OOC: Lysander is powerful enough to know this Vampire isn't really here, it is merely a projection. The sense he gets is a Ventrue
Advertisement
05-08-2019, 18:22   #6
Necro

Lysander turns and surveys the projection.

'Yes, what has it been a week? Who have I the pleasure of speaking with on this fine night?'
05-08-2019, 18:23   #7
Fourier

"My name is Kevin Jackson...I assume that is enough"

OOC: Jackson is the Prince of Chicago, as head of the most important Vampire city in the country he is essentially "King" of USA's Kindred. Everybody knows his name
Thanks from:
05-08-2019, 18:26   #8
Necro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
"My name is Kevin Jackson...I assume that is enough"
'Ah, forgive my ignorance Prince Jackson, it is the first time we have met and these are trying times. Praytell, what has given me the honour of your... well, presence?'
05-08-2019, 18:31   #9
Fourier

"To formally announce that the Camarilla world council has declared you Prince of Los Angeles.

Not only do you do so as a member of a clan we have long hoped would join us in a position of power, but also you have struck a mighty blow to the Sabbat. Once the council considered unthinkable. You have struck at the core of their creed. By depowering an 'antediluvian'..." he says the final word with a smirk "...as the Sabbat call them you have shown these monsters to be nothing more than simply another powerful Kindred. Dangerous yes, but not insurmountable. Certainly not the bringers of Doomsday the Sabbat bishops drone on about"
Advertisement
05-08-2019, 18:37   #10
Necro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
"To formally announce that the Camarilla world council has declared you Prince of Los Angeles.

Not only do you do so as a member of a clan we have long hoped would join us in a position of power, but also you have struck a mighty blow to the Sabbat. Once the council considered unthinkable. You have struck at the core of their creed. By depowering an 'antediluvian'..." he says the final word with a smirk "...as the Sabbat call them you have shown these monsters to be nothing more than simply another powerful Kindred. Dangerous yes, but not insurmountable. Certainly not the bringers of Doomsday the Sabbat bishops drone on about"
Lysander shrugs.

'Lau-Som-Bheu wished to rule through fear and domination. That way of thinking went out with the Dark Ages.

Whilst we Kindred must have a certain level of this to ensure no one would challenge us... it is not the way forward.

Thank you Prince Jackson, with great honour I accept this role, and now that my Lasombra kin see what can be achieved... I expect some will flock to the side of the Camarilla.'
05-08-2019, 18:45   #11
Fourier

"They already have. There is another reason I am here before you"

He walks to the window and gazes out at the city.

"When I was human I would have given my right arm to be in a penthouse in LA..." he looks lost in thought before continuing "...there is a letter for you on the kitchen table. From the Amici Noctis I assume. I can guess what it is about. Consider what they say. Should you agree, I will order the Primogens of this city to govern it in your absence for a while. See you soon. I hope"

He vanishes.

OOC: The Amici Noctis govern the Lasombra globally. There are few of them as it is an exclusive society. You were never ruled by them, being an antitribu
05-08-2019, 18:47   #12
Necro

'Amici Noctis....?'

Lysander makes his way to the kitchen table and looks at the letter.

Taking deep breaths almost as if he were human, he opens it.
05-08-2019, 19:03   #13
Fourier

The letter is written in pure shadow manipulated to form letters. It is in Latin but Lysander can read it from his mortal legal training.

Dear Friend Karpov,

We have selected you as the first Camarilla member of our society. We need not go over what you have done to merit this for it is clear. Recent evens, your actions among them, have made us reconsider the clan's membership in the Sabbat. It is clear now that we must see the entire clan transitions to Camarilla membership. Again your example has been of great importance in our deliberations.

For this reason we have placed several agents in key cities. They are to petition to be Primogens of Camarilla clans as you yourself managed recently in Los Angeles and San Diego. When the time is right they will all simultaneously petition to the Camarilla council for the entire clan to join with ultimately one of us in the Amici Noctis sitting on the council.

We would first seek to see if you have the qualities of one who might lead our clan. If you do, we will discuss how you might aide one of our agents. The most important one.

If you are interested, then come to the Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens.

If not? We will understand. You will never hear from us again, barring strong interference in our plans

Regards,
A Friend
05-08-2019, 19:08   #14
Necro

Lysander sits down and re-reads the letter multiple times, the words sinking into his mind.

'Join the Camarilla.... Lead the clan....'

He stares at the letter intently, wondering if it is some trick that has been played on him.

Prince, approved by the Camarilla.... and now this.

'You'd better believe I'm interested... A Friend... You had better believe it.'

He checks the penthouse for any other letters or documentation before leaving.
05-08-2019, 19:10   #15
Fourier

There is a single velum parchment lying on a coffee table. Writing side down. Though Lysander knows from the smell it is written in blood.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion