Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Deli lady tells me there's a free coke with this lunch meal, I tell her I'm fine, she reiterates that it's free, I decline again and have to say I want to get a non-deal drink. She scrunches up her face shrugs her shoulders and laughs to the other deli assistants, she couldn't just accept the first answer?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,585 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Dream sequences in movies (ok bear with me on this one.)

The characters in dreams in movies sometimes act surprised or confused when the ‘dreamer’ does something unexpected.

No dream characters in anyone’s real dreams ever do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭monseiur

Cramps my be caused by low level of sodium in the body so for those prone to cramps a teaspoon full of salt in a glass or water may help. The body looses sodium thru sweating during physical activity etc. and salt has loads of it.
    Even a bag of salty crisps will help to replenish lost minerals after sweating

• Registered Users Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

monseiur wrote: »
    Cramps my be caused by low level of sodium in the body so for those prone to cramps a teaspoon full of salt in a glass or water may help. The body looses sodium thru sweating during physical activity etc. and salt has loads of it.
    Even a bag of salty crisps will help to replenish lost minerals after sweating

I find it hard to believe that my dad was ever low in sodium - salt was a food group for him!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    It is most likely due to dehydration. Drink more water during the day.

I drink about a 2 liters a days though.
    Must be fairly common then, because I had the same thing last week.
    Nothing says anything like a good nights sleep than being woken up in at 4 in the morning in blinding pain because of this. What makes it even better is that a few hours later the other leg goes the same way and strangely enough, I can still feel a tightness in it.

I don't get it every night but at least once a week, some weeks I escape it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Every time I go to use the kitchen sink in work in the afternoon (at different times I might add) to clean out my lunchbox, the office cleaners always appear out of no where and hover over my shoulder (they are not a friendly bunch, I asked one before (expecting a nice oh no not at all) was I in her way and she said yes!!) , waiting to use the sink.

It think they lie in wait for me to come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,264 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your really hungry and you can smell a nice restaurant/take-away!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When your really hungry and you can smell a nice restaurant/take-away!

When I’m really hungry, a boiled rat would smell nice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Selfridges in London have opened their Christmas shop today.
    Please f#ck off with your jingle bells.

Although I know a poster in here who probably got excited reading that :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People not closing doors properly - especially if there's an open window and said door is creaking on accounts of the draught.

• Advertisement

Just remembered one, when you get takeaway in a restaurant but they don't have a separate seating area, so you have to sit in the middle of people out on dates having family meals etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Seanachai wrote: »
    Deli lady tells me there's a free coke with this lunch meal, I tell her I'm fine, she reiterates that it's free, I decline again and have to say I want to get a non-deal drink. She scrunches up her face shrugs her shoulders and laughs to the other deli assistants, she couldn't just accept the first answer?

Why didnt you just take the free drink.Could have gave it to someone else.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Why didnt you just take the free drink.Could have gave it to someone else.

Because I didn't want to be carrying a drink around me for the rest of my lunch-break. None of the rest of them drink sugary drinks either as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My laptop now won’t turn on unless it’s plugged in which will be a right balls when I go back to college and don’t have a plug near me in the lecture hall :rolleyes:

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    My laptop now won’t turn on unless it’s plugged in which will be a right balls when I go back to college and don’t have a plug near me in the lecture hall :rolleyes:

Mines the exact same.Refuses to charge unless plugged in and is only 20% all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

dubstarr wrote: »
    Mines the exact same.Refuses to charge unless plugged in and is only 20% all the time

How old is the laptop? Sounds like the battery is shot. A replacement battery might have it good as new again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

So I took my daughter out for a cycle in the Phoenix Park yesterday. Got one of those kids carriages cos I thought she'd get some craic out of being chauffeured around (she did).

But it turned out to be the day for the March of Morons because the amount of cretins going full retard and walking strung across the cycle path and being blind to the very obvious signage on the paths. To compound matters they seemed to be offended at a cyclist in the cycle path.

Baffling

How old is the laptop? Sounds like the battery is shot. A replacement battery might have it good as new again.

Its a few years old im going to find out about getting a new battery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Not that old, only had mine going on 4 years now. Which I suppose might be old in the scheme of things actually :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,406 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I really need to stop watching Hannibal before I have to do the bedtime dog walk. Mildly freaked out + walking relatively quiet roads in the dark = heebie jeebies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I thought you were going to show a picture of a man😂

TA'd that I wouldnt get away with this joke and say woman without me branded a woman hater by certain people.

JeanL wrote: »
    I decided a while back to have a big party and its for next weekend. Around 30 people have confirmed they're definitely going so far.

I don't want 30 people in my house.

Have a small party the night before, leave the empties beside the front door, tidy the house snd throw on pj's and when people arrive for the 'party' tell them it was last night and you went so mad you are having an early night.

People who quote on boards and remove the square braces so nobody has a ****ing clue who said what.

People on public transport that stand up in their seat to get off and gesture go ahead to the person in the aisle waiting to get off the bus as if they have any say in the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

People who can’t answer WhatsApp within 48 hours to confirm a date. :(

But the same people pester you three times a hour when they have to say something despite knowing that you are quite busy. :confused:

I prefer discord or threema anyway. Less spies...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Women at the moment, but then i could post that everyday on here :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

So I took my daughter out for a cycle in the Phoenix Park yesterday. Got one of those kids carriages cos I thought she'd get some craic out of being chauffeured around (she did).

But it turned out to be the day for the March of Morons because the amount of cretins going full retard and walking strung across the cycle path and being blind to the very obvious signage on the paths. To compound matters they seemed to be offended at a cyclist in the cycle path.

Baffling

It's not just yesterday, every day the cycle paths are used by non cyclists. I don't mind as much, people generally are aware and will move out of the way, but there is a subset that blatantly block the path for reasons unknown to mankind.

My TA for today is that I ate a full decent sized pizza in probably a world record time last night and I couldn't sleep all night and my belly is still a bit ginger this morning. Digest!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,782 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

People constantly telling me to sit down.
    Patting seats and telling me to sit.
    I know it's well meant and friendly but I have a bad spine and find sitting on low seats very uncomfortable.
    I can't help feeling that if I wanted to sit, I would sit - I'm standing because I want to stand. Please stop telling me what to do.

Makes meeting groups of people in a bar almost impossible. Everybody in a group want to sit at a table, I don't. Que people standing around with me when they want to sit, me feeling awkward because I'm upsetting the dynamic of the group. I now avoid group meets in bars completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It's not just yesterday, every day the cycle paths are used by non cyclists. I don't mind as much, people generally are aware and will move out of the way, but there is a subset that blatantly block the path for reasons unknown to mankind.

I'd heard of it but hadn't realised it was as bad. There was a lot of people offended at having to move out of the way of a bike on the cycle path

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Cleaning the oven. I hate it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement