Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Is there a revised delivery for LRA?

I can confirm that she’ll be arriving shortly after she begins her descent in to DUB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

The first, EI-LRA, was spotted in the midfield crowd at Hamburg. I think this is the clearest indication that flight tests are imminent. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/digitalairliners/48318060657/in/dateposted-public/

Another aircraft, presumably EI-LRB, was seen in the riverside storage area. 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/digitalairliners/48317940876/in/dateposted/

Both images are from yesterday.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 9 EIMH

A321-253NX/LR, Aer Lingus, D-AYAV, EI-LRA (MSN 8887)
    First A321neo for Aer Lingus
    Activity Taxi Check & RTO at XFW
    Airline Aer Lingus
    Registration D-AYAV
    Callsign 8887R4
    Hex 3C17DA
    Date & Time Jul 19 2019 15:52 UTC

As per AIB Family flights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

A better look at the aircraft during said tests:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143531276@N06/48324324392/in/dateposted/

Photo: xfwspot

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭flange888

I'd imagine the 26th might be closer to the mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Just a quick question. Am I right in saying the neo will be flying to the east coast??? If so why bother with the LR or even the xlr??? Sorry if this had been asked before.

Also. The 321neo, will that be fitted with business class ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

adam88 wrote: »
    Just a quick question. Am I right in saying the neo will be flying to the east coast??? If so why bother with the LR or even the xlr??? Sorry if this had been asked before.

Also. The 321neo, will that be fitted with business class ?

EI have ordered the A321LR for east coast ops and the XLR for further scope. The regular neo wouldn’t have the range. Business class seats will be fitted.

1st NEO is up on an air test now

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 9 EIMH

8887 A321-253NX/LR First Flight XFW-XFW Aer Lingus EI-LRA (D-AYAV)
    Jul 20 2019 08:16-? UTC

Just landed now.

How many test flights are usually needed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Just landed now.

How many test flights are usually needed?

Only one if it passes. This isn't exactly a new aircraft type, it's a derivative so there shouldn't really be that much needed, once everything is ok the operator will usually do a Customer Acceptance Flight Test but unless it's the first aircraft of its type off the line the manufacturer's tests are fairly minimal.

Only one if it passes. This isn't exactly a new aircraft type, it's a derivative so there shouldn't really be that much needed, once everything is ok the operator will usually do a Customer Acceptance Flight Test but unless it's the first aircraft of its type off the line the manufacturer's tests are fairly minimal.

So the flight today could be it, maybe a flight with AerLingus and then delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

EI2395 2000 XFW-DUB 2110 EI-LRA 26/07

Subject to change...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Hmm EI2395

395 is Hamburg Dublin
    2 implies a scheduled extra flight, passengers onboard?

Not a 99x

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

XFW is the Airbus facility not Hamburg Airport so not likely!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

No doubt AL are doing a fly by next weekend in Bray, wonder if LRA will be used if delivered in time, would make for good publicity on their part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Seen this thread elsewhere on boards,

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057998133/1/#post110740570
    so i got an email today saying my flight to new york in february will now take 8hours 50 mins instead of 7h45m. have never been on a flight that long to jfk with EI. anyone able to fill me in what the extra hour flighttime is for???

Is this anything to do with the 321s going to New York?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Differently an error, might be time zone changes. I suspect the arrival should be 13.45 not 14.45. Just an IT issue.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

EI-115 returned to DUB earlier today, declared "Pan, Pan" after suspected birdstrike on takeoff.

Atrocious online article (nova.ie) claimed emergency landing occured. (Understandable assumption) and that "ATC confirmed flames on the righthand side of the large aircraft" (nonsense)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Tenger wrote: »
    EI-115 returned to DUB earlier today, declared "Pan, Pan" after suspected birdstrike on takeoff.

Atrocious online article (nova.ie) claimed emergency landing occured. (Understandable assumption) and that "ATC confirmed flames on the righthand side of the large aircraft" (nonsense)

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/aer-lingus-flight-forced-emergency-18456785

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭cloudhopper19

It is to do with Time Zone Changes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Hmm EI2395

395 is Hamburg Dublin
    2 implies a scheduled extra flight, passengers onboard?

Not a 99x
    There probably is a HAM-DUB flite that day, so in essence it is an extra flight.
    99x are the usual number for positioning flights.
    But EI have previously used 2xxx for delivery and maintainace flights.

Delivery flights (from memory) will be 2 flight crew and a couple of engineering staff. (A mate was on the retrojet delivery flight. He was giving me updates from TLS all day)
    That schedule could be pushed later in the day as the lawyers and financiers need to have a long conference call before EI take ownership of the aircraft.

Another quality report by the Mirror. Nice segway into Sullenberger!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Em they did though, ATC told him that he had ‘flames from the right engine and to advise their intentions’

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

There probably is a HAM-DUB flite that day, so in essence it is an extra flight.
    99x are the usual number for positioning flights.
    But EI have previously used 2xxx for delivery and maintainace flights.

Delivery flights (from memory) will be 2 flight crew and a couple of engineering staff. (A mate was on the retrojet delivery flight. He was giving me updates from TLS all day)
    That schedule could be pushed later in the day as the lawyers and financiers need to have a long conference call before EI take ownership of the aircraft.

Another quality report by the Mirror. Nice segway into Sullenberger!!

It'll be a late enough departure I'd say,was told the leasing company is US west coast based so any transfer documents/money etc will be done during their working hours.

and that "ATC confirmed flames on the righthand side of the large aircraft" (nonsense)

There’s video on Instagram of the “birdstrike” with associated flames from no 2. Flames for a split second.

Skip to 1:45

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Did it head out to the Irish Sea because it had to dump fuel ?

125825952268d152046e9b2bf513e60f7600f77efd9e1f586a07b61a0c31f2df22b2e132.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

757 can't dump fuel

• Advertisement

No that’s just it positioning for a long approach to be stabilised.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement