Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why aren't people allowed to be angry about a person under a train?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

branie2 wrote:
    The poor guy obviously had issues

The deceased or the OP?

Akrasia wrote: »
    Op is angry that someone’s dead corpse caused them to get stuck on a train for a little while.

Other posters are angry that someone has so little self awareness that they think anyone should have sympathy with their bad day in comparison with the relatives of that poor person who died.

Now that everyone’s angry can we just call it a win for After Hours and move on?

OP is angry and has form with these kind of angry ranting threads. It will end up going round and round in circles. I’m out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I don't buy the sympathy thing one bit. People feed on sympathy, it's a bit of excitement as long as it's happening to someone remote enough. It's the same type of sympathy that sells newspapers with gorey details from rape or murder trials. I'm not saying people don't feel for the victim or their loved ones but it's the type of sympathy that brings a bit of excitement into our lives. And the type we forget about pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Ah here :pac:

Lads, I suspect we’re being led a merry dance.

Totally .

How many of the people affected have thought about doing the same? Probably quite a few. Are they selfish for feeling drained and exhausted because their day is now even worse? I don't think so.

The person that killed themself is selfish. The people feeling inconvenienced are also selfish. Point is, it’s a pretty selfish world out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mod Note
    Closing this for the moment.
    If the OP PM's with news articles/Tweets from Today about an incident taking place on the London Underground the thread may be reopened or moved to current affairs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement