Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-12-2018, 20:44   #1396
sapphade

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberdungeon View Post
I'm looking to sign up for this, I've tried several free VPN's but no luck.

I'll have to buy one, even a paid trial, but I don't know which one to buy, could anyone suggest one that works for Turkey please?

Thanks
I used Windscribe pro . https://stacksocial.com/sales/windsc...o-subscription
Advertisement
10-12-2018, 20:45   #1397
rubberdungeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGene View Post
Read the last few posts it’s all there
Thanks, I did read them and noticed some got free vpns to work, I tried multiple free ones and had no luck.

I also read a lot had gone for Mexico as they couldn't get Turkey to work, I would prefer Turkey.

I read other vpns mentioned but wasn't sure if they were free or paid, that's why I was asking, as I was unsure.
10-12-2018, 20:47   #1398
RossieMan

Just read the last few pages. Makes less clutter for everyone.
10-12-2018, 20:49   #1399
OmegaGene

Quote:
Thanks, I did read them and noticed some got free vpns to work, I tried multiple free ones and had no luck.

I also read a lot had gone for Mexico as they couldn't get Turkey to work, I would prefer Turkey.

I read other vpns mentioned but wasn't sure if they were free or paid, that's why I was asking, as I was unsure.
People can’t get turkey to work or vpns to work due to human error normally
Use hola it works 100%
(2) thanks from:
10-12-2018, 21:11   #1400
McMurphy

You would expect it to be binary.

Hola on a phone, set to turkey, log in to Netflix.com.

How can this work for 95% of us, but there's a small number of posters adamant it's not working for them
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-12-2018, 21:29   #1401
OmegaGene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dogs View Post
You would expect it to be binary.

Hola on a phone, set to turkey, log in to Netflix.com.

How can this work for 95% of us, but there's a small number of posters adamant it's not working for them
The vpn is broken lol
10-12-2018, 22:23   #1402
rubberdungeon

I've had Hola for a really long time but I don't use it very often. I can log in and select Turkey but as soon as I go to Netflix, it says I need to upgrade as Netflix requires fast streaming servers. I've tried it on my phone and there no free option only a paid option.

I've paid for NordVPN and I can get as far as the payment option but when I enter revolut details, it says Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later.

I've been in touch with Revolut and they said theres no declined transactions on my card. I've never had Netflix on this email address, it's a new account.
10-12-2018, 22:30   #1403
TheDriver

Is it me or is Netflix turkey now a weekly price?
10-12-2018, 22:35   #1404
rubberdungeon

I haven't managed to get beyond the payment stage but I am only being offered monthly options, I wasn't offered weekly options.

Last edited by rubberdungeon; 10-12-2018 at 22:42.
Advertisement
10-12-2018, 22:50   #1405
OmegaGene

Quote:
I've had Hola for a really long time but I don't use it very often. I can log in and select Turkey but as soon as I go to Netflix, it says I need to upgrade as Netflix requires fast streaming servers. I've tried it on my phone and there no free option only a paid option.

I've paid for NordVPN and I can get as far as the payment option but when I enter revolut details, it says Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later.

I've been in touch with Revolut and they said theres no declined transactions on my card. I've never had Netflix on this email address, it's a new account.
Keep trying
10-12-2018, 22:51   #1406
OmegaGene

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDriver View Post
Is it me or is Netflix turkey now a weekly price?
They have a weekly option and a monthly option just like India because the country is skint
Weekly is more expensive btw
10-12-2018, 22:52   #1407
OmegaGene

Quote:
I haven't managed to get beyond the payment stage but I am only being offered monthly options, I wasn't offered weekly options.
Monthly is the way to go
10-12-2018, 23:04   #1408
Holy Diver

NordVPN does not support Turkish Netflix. Most servers are setup to access US Netflix. In fact all servers other than uk, japan, Netherlands and canada all divert to US Netflix.

So - you won’t be able to sign up to Turkish Netflix with it. Or so I believe...
10-12-2018, 23:11   #1409
rubberdungeon

Quote:
On a laptop for Turkey, on Chrome and Opera, I am offered monthly but on Edge and Firefox I am offered weekly.

Payment fails every time on Chrome and Opera, I haven't tried it on the weekly options.

On the phone, it shows the VPN is active for Turkey but on every browser I use it reverts to Netflix US.

I'll try an Ipad tomorrow
11-12-2018, 00:08   #1410
rubberdungeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Diver View Post
NordVPN does not support Turkish Netflix. Most servers are setup to access US Netflix. In fact all servers other than uk, japan, Netherlands and canada all divert to US Netflix.

So - you won’t be able to sign up to Turkish Netflix with it. Or so I believe...
Thanks for the tip, I spoke with NordVpn technical support and they said:

'As we use Smart Play on all of our servers, if you connect to a server which does not support Netflix (in this case - Turkey), you will automatically be redirected to US library. Thus, you will not be able to purchase a subscription plan for cheaper.'

I could get to payment stage for Turkey, it didn't revert to US on the laptop but it rejected the card, giving the impression the card was the issue.

I checked and the card wasn't the issue, having now spoken with technical support, they say I shouldn't have gotten as far as I did with NordVPN.

Last edited by rubberdungeon; 11-12-2018 at 09:54. Reason: To clarify I contacted technical support in NordVpn not technical support in Netflix.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion