Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did everyone do for black Friday/cyber Monday?

Options
  • 27-11-2018 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭

Thought it was pretty poor this year. I bought some stuff in gap and a keyboard on Amazon.

Found most retailers were just flogging their rubbish they can't shift.

Anyone pick up some serious bargains?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,294 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I got a few books off Easons with the thirty percent off and also had online vouchers that I needed to get rid of.
    I also got a pair of shoes for my mother off Debenams and they were 50% off.
    Also got free delivery with chocolate that can be hard and expensive to pick up in the shops.
    Got another present and they were €20 down to €15 so I was happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Great but now everyone at work are calling me racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Got the anker Bluetooth speaker for €17 from Amazon and anker power bank from my memory for €12ish. Few other bits and pieces but didn't find it great this year. Found the cashback through smyths and dunnes via aib to be handy. Was looking out for a reduction on Xiaomi pocophone, but no joy. Would be great if the retailers did black Friday on just the Friday. One day of great deals, none of this lark of a week long drip feed sale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Only thing I reckon is it's a good time of year to get any Amazon devices for yourself or relatives. Got a couple dots and an fire tv stick at a good discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭cletus

PS4 Spiderman bundle, plus an extra controller

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Bought 56 items. Xmas and birthdays sorted for next 3 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

bought some DVD's on the Saturday for a train journey, didn't mind paying the extra €1.25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Yep not great this year got a travel plug with 3 usb's about 3 pound off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

New Kindle and an Nvidia Shield.

Not much else caught my eye really

• Registered Users Posts: 12,231 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Nada

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,775 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Embroidery, sewing and quilting machine for the missus.
    'Cos she's worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭laserlad2010

I picked up a Dell XPS touchscreen for about e1200 from their UK site. It was a discount of around 25% from RRP as i can see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭micks_address

Google home hub 99 pounds
    Barbie camper van 49 pounds now 70
    9 phillips hue colour bulbs 3 of which were free
    Tp link hs110 smart plug with energy monitoring 24.99 pounds
    Harry Potter box set uhd 4k 107 usd including customs
    Fitbit ace 79.99 euro
    Spiderman PS4 29.99 pounds
    2 perfumes at 60 percent off Amazon
    Akg y50bt Bluetooth on ear headphones 63 euro mobilefun
    Man utd jersey 20 percent off manutd store

Ok not nearly the discounts as advertised but all products are more expensive today.. eg Barbie camper is 70 pounds

Cheer's,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

I got an xbox one S 1TB for 229

Sony wh-1000xm3 for 449

Instant pot for 99

2 google homes for 89

2 google home minis for 39

And a few xmas present here and there

Living in Toronto, paying in dollars:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

I picked up a Dell XPS touchscreen for about e1200 from their UK site. It was a discount of around 25% from RRP as i can see it.

I bet you, you will have an engineer out within the first 3 months :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Wasn't looking for anything in particular but jumped on the Hive Thermostat Kit for €149 with free Amazon Echo Dot.
    Sold the Echo Dot to CEX for €25 so the Hive cost me €125.

Fitted it myself, so I now have smart controls and remote control of my central heating and hot water.
    Also bought some WiFi plugs to remote control lamps etc when not home early enough on the dark evenings.
    Was about to buy iPad Pro and Apple Pencil using the Visa cash back offer but backed out in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭go4it

was looking for the Yi mirror dashcam for a while : waited till dropped from 66 to 49.99 and got one ;
    One morning at 6am i had my eye on the deal of the day : the fuji instapix 8 for 39.99, the one with minions cover ; by the time i've decided 3 hours later to buy it, it was at 69.99 and afterwards 79.99 : gave up and learned my lesson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ablelocks

upgraded my echo dot from gen 2 to 3 via CEX/ARGOS - made profit of 1c

got 2 echo dots from amazon.com for $6 (+ addresspal) - they kindly gave me $42 after one of my kids broke my first gen kindle. echo in the US was reduced to 24 dollars.

might still get myself a pair of creative outliers...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

kceire wrote: »
    Also bought some WiFi plugs to remote control lamps etc when not home early enough on the dark evenings.

Alexa can bark like a dog too...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Interrobang

This was one of my better years. Usually I pick up just a few things, but this this year I got a healthy discount on pretty much everything that was on my list and I'm now sorted for Christmas and a couple of birthdays. Can't wait to get my hands on my £59.99 Destiny's Bounty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

It was pretty rubbish this year. Obviously I purchased, but nothing interesting or at a great discount.

Many kindles were bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

It was pretty rubbish this year. Obviously I purchased, but nothing interesting or at a great discount.

Many kindles were bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

I bought an electric car with €4,000 off, does that count ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭tomplate

Finally bought an air fryer , got it in the dunnes sale online

got a nice blender too in the dunnes sale

got a 24" monitor on amazon sale

im buying off amazon all year long, tbh theres's bargains anytime of year if you keep an eye out

• Registered Users Posts: 15,184 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Previous years I was always buying tech stuff and video games. I must be getting old.

This year I bought yankee candles, exfoliating facial wipes and comfort fabric conditioner.

Fabric conditioner was a bargain to be fair. €1.29 a bottle and it's almost €5 in dunnes when I checked today.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hearsay

I picked up 4 samsung j6 mobiles, down from 159euro to 109euro, im expecting 4 google home players to arrive as they were free gifts included (theyl come in handy for a stocking filler)

picked up a white HP laptop, for 289 down from 349, argos

I was hoping the nintendo switch would drop, still at 320 without a game - :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Without making any specific effort to get anything - Google Home Mini a week beforehand at the offer price; thena coat and tshirt in the Arnotts storewide 20% off that were both already reduced, bringing the coat to a decent price and the tshirt to what any other store would have charged anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Atticus Jung

Its definitely overblown. I got some clothes and shoes with about 30% off. The only good tech offers seemed to be on echos and google home devices which i'm not really interested in. Still on the look out for my Christmas presents

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Black Friday me hole. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hotel we are staying on on hols was on sale so we cancelled and re booked for €350 cheaper. Same dates same room type.

Advertisement