Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did everyone do for black Friday/cyber Monday?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Hallaz

Pulled the trigger early to get a Nintendo Switch , mario party bundle and few more games from Littlewoods when 20% off for a few hours. In my head i feel like i got 2 free games and didn't see deal as good over the actual black friday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭stdidit

Anyone else love that Tuesday feeling after Black Friday/Cyber Monday when you check and the item you bought has went back up in price.

Only time I ever enjoy seeing something go up in price!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭tomplate

stdidit wrote: »
    Anyone else love that Tuesday feeling after Black Friday/Cyber Monday when you check and the item you bought has went back up in price.

Only time I ever enjoy seeing something go up in price!

doesn't mean a lot tbh price fluctuations

prices jump up and down that's the retail game

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

2 pairs Reeboks and 2 pairs Skechers £112
    8gb ddr4 ram £45
    500gb crucial ssd £56

thank god for amazon, i wouldnt dream of buying the same in Elverys and Currys etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,845 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Generally these days it's like a con job. They take all the food stock off the shelf and then cut the prices of the opinion older stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Indiana jones Bluray box 10
    james bond bluray box 40
    Panasonic FZ2000 699-200 cashback

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Magnatu

A box of Fulfil bars in Dealz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭pah

I got a ball of Philips hue lighting bundled with new echo dots for a good price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

I reckon a lot of people bought a lot of stuff they don't really need. All in the name of consumerism.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Carol25

We picked up an iPad in Currys 32GB, which was listed as being on offer at €339. We also got 10% off this price due to signing up for AIB rewards. Thought it was a good price for a brand new model. Now to get a good cover 🙂.
    I also picked up a nice small Paw Patrol bag for my son for preschool in a Galway City shop, it was listed as being just €12, but with Black Friday she said 25% off everything so paid just €9 for it.
    Depends on what you need and want, some places good deals, some places not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Couple of books from easons with the 30% or whatever, Nintendo labo robot from gamestop for twenty squid and the anker speaker from amazon for around the 17 euro mark. All Christmas presents.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭bromley52

Philip's air fryer for €81 & a NETGEAR R7800 Nighthawk X4S Dual-Band AC2600 Smart Wi-Fi Router for £96 (20% off Amazon Warehouse like new). Hopefully it will be in the box. Underpants from JD sports :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Got a lenovo smart display for 99 dollars in America last week. Spent about 800 dollars on IPA and chicken wings over there so probably not a great net result in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I got Sony XZ1 Compact. I have wanted it for a while since it's the last truly compact phone and I love small phones. It was a price too good to pass up.

Got a few 128GB microSD memory cards. Samsung EVOs from Amazon.com and mymemory.ie. Although I wish I had waited because Sandisk 128GB drives went down to 16 euro after I already bought Samsungs, but oh well. I prefer Samsung, so it's OK.

Got 3 Anker battery banks. This was a great deal at 11 euro each.

Got BOSE Bluetooth speakers.

My only regret this year's Black Friday is that I missed those Anker Bluetooth speakers for like 15 euro. I'd have bought several as they'd make great Christmas gifts.

I might get a BOSE QC25. Was trying to convince myself to get Sony XM2 or Bose QC35, but could not make the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I got all my Xmas presents bought at far cheaper prices and also bought a drone but need to actually use it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Philips Hue Starter Kit & Dot £79
    Philips E14 triple pack £67
    Anker Soundcore speaker £14.65
    Fitbit Charge 2 £89.99

Really wanted a PS4 but wasn't happy with the discounts on the Pro on Amazon. Have Amazon £150 voucher burning a hole in my pocket so wasn't really looking anywhere else! Will sit it out for a while and see what comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Picked up a tent from an Irish retailer, was about €450 reduced down to €310 and then further reduced to €217 (pretty sure that was an accident as they changed the price later that day, but they honoured the sale!)

Also picked up a jacket I’ve had my eye on, retails at €550 and manage to pick it up for €300!

So felt very successful!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Expensive week for me having bought:

- Turntable from RicherSounds
    - Various LP's (Bon Iver, Frightened Rabbit, The Postal Service, Volcano Choir, Fleetwood Mac, Arcade Fire) from NormanRecords, Music Magpie, local shops
    - Nest Of Tables reduced from £80 to £35 with further 20% off from Amazon Warehouse Deals
    - 3 Shirts (Bon Iver, The National, Frightened Rabbit) from RedBubble with 20% off
    - New Bedframe and mattress locally with 20% off marked price
    - 3 Pack USB Cables (always handy to have) from Amazon
    - Another CouchCoaster from TomTop - savage little invention!
    - Frightened Rabbit Enamel Pin from BandsFC
    - Oh, and upgraded 2nd Gen Echo Dot to 3rd Gen Echo Dot via my CEX -> Argos tip

So a pricey week... and if that wasn't enough, I tried to move €120 from Bank Account to Revolut and accidentally moved €1200 on a slip of a finger! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,741 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Didn't buy anything. Santy presents last month already cleaned me out :)

From what I did see though there wasn't anything great anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 670 ✭✭✭sightband

Got a Fleshlight and 2 tubs of Fleshlube water based lubricant with 5% off. Supposed to arrive tomorrow, going to hammer the absolute bejaysus out of myself over the weekend...good times ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Nothing. I bought most of my stuff before Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Didn't see much on it this year and glad I didn't have to chase Lightening deals on Amazon this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The Anker bluetooth speaker that I now use with Google Home for radio in the shower room. AMZ
    Three rucksacks to replace the battered ones the kids use on Scout camps. AMZ
    Couple of >€2 golf books for myself from AMZ Warehouse
    Rake of Lock & Lock storage containers from AMZ Warehouse all in perfect condition
    Packs of Stabilo pens for schoolwork, AMZ Warehouse
    Fancy Advent beauty calendar for herself, Debenhams
    Street Fighter varsity jacket for the young wan, Geekstore
    Zelda dressing gown for young wan, Merchoid
    Loads of cheap jewellery for herself, Aliexpress
    Epson 4k projector for moi, IdealAV

Everything will be put to good use

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

sightband wrote: »
    Got a Fleshlight and 2 tubs of Fleshlube water based lubricant with 5% off. Supposed to arrive tomorrow, going to hammer the absolute bejaysus out of myself over the weekend...good times ahead.

Were they returns from Amazon warehouse? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Got the xbox 1s minecraft bundle for €200 on Monday, back up to €280 the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Nike Pegasus 35s for 58 euro from Nike.com. Usually go for 120, happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭nantony98

Xbox One S 1 TB 2 controllers plus Forza 4 €202
    Mine Craft €15
    Lego Dimensions €20
    3D printer €154
    Panasonic microwave Amazon warehouse €73
    Nutri Bullett Amazon warehouse €44
    2 My Generation dolls €45

Happy enough, all stuff I was waiting to get, i.e. no impulse purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

ps4 Pro Budle €350 Argos
    2 Ice Watches Amazon US €12 each from 50

6 (yes 6) Echo 4 dots 2 standard
    3 Lego Sets for small gifts all about 40% off

Bundle 0f 3 Smart Plugs Amazon for €40

Seiko Watch from Ashford US down to $150

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

nantony98 wrote: »
    Xbox One S 1 TB 2 controllers plus Forza 4 €202
    Mine Craft €15
    Lego Dimensions €20
    3D printer €154
    Panasonic microwave Amazon warehouse €73
    Nutri Bullett Amazon warehouse €44
    2 My Generation dolls €45

Happy enough, all stuff I was waiting to get, i.e. no impulse purchases.

Saw 3d printers on sale but dont really know anything about them? What will you make on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭wildrover444

Got a Logitech k400 keyboard that had no usb receiver in it and a ravpower wall charger that is supposed to be a fast charger but is not. So not happy so far. Should be called faulty Friday. New firestick is yet to arrive so hopefully better luck with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Ring Doorbell Pro with Echo Spot 175E (Sold the spot for 120)
    PS4 Pro RDR2 330E (Sold RDR2 for 60)
    PS4 Slim RDR2 225E (sold RDR2 for 60)
    8 Hue Lights Kits (24 bulbs and 8 bridges ) + 8 Echo Dot 3rd Gen - 800E (have sold all 8 echo dots for 50 each and 5 Bridges at 35 each)
    6 Hue Lightstrips - 255E
    Xbox One X Forza Bundle - 350E (Sold forza for 45)
    Xbox One S BF V Bundle - 170E (sold BFV for 50)

Not bad after selling things I didnt need.

Advertisement