Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
14-09-2018, 10:49   #3601
nullzero
Registered User
 
nullzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by partyjungle View Post
You're ignoring the fact that this guy can make or break your career. He had a crazy amount of power in that industry.
Not in her industry as somebody already pointed out.
nullzero is offline  
Advertisement
14-09-2018, 13:58   #3602
Senature
Registered User
 
Senature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senature View Post
Hilarious! What I said is above, your misrepresentation of what I said along with illogical argument is below...

No matter what I say I seem to be accused of saying or implying otherwise.
This literally makes no sense whatsoever.
You said I needed to stop misrepresenting others peoples opinions and then followed that by saying 1. I implied I could be raped for simply flicking my hair at somebody and 2. I was somehow suggesting most men are rapists. I did not post that, so actually you are misrepresenting my opinion.

You also said I should leave the victim act and attempt to construct a logical argument. As I have already made logical arguments in numerous posts, your response seemed quite illogical to me. What victim act?

From that viewpoint, I found your response both ironic and amusing, hence my comment Hilarious.

Does it make sense now?

You not agreeing with my point of view does not make my arguments illogical.
Senature is offline  
14-09-2018, 14:48   #3603
PlaneSpeeking
Banned
 
PlaneSpeeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 4,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Pete View Post
Here's the video for those who haven't seen it.


Outside of Copper's, I've rarely seen anyone more clearly up for it.
PlaneSpeeking is offline  
14-09-2018, 14:58   #3604
nullzero
Registered User
 
nullzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senature View Post
You said I needed to stop misrepresenting others peoples opinions and then followed that by saying 1. I implied I could be raped for simply flicking my hair at somebody and 2. I was somehow suggesting most men are rapists. I did not post that, so actually you are misrepresenting my opinion.

You also said I should leave the victim act and attempt to construct a logical argument. As I have already made logical arguments in numerous posts, your response seemed quite illogical to me. What victim act?

From that viewpoint, I found your response both ironic and amusing, hence my comment Hilarious.

Does it make sense now?

You not agreeing with my point of view does not make my arguments illogical.
Your argument implied that men are predisposed to rape/sexual assault. You wrote it, re read it and think about what it says, you made a bold statement accusing posters on this forum of being likely to sexually assault you in a work environment.
Again, you wrote it, it makes a very uncomplimentary comment on those disagreeing with your argument in plain English.

The victim act comment referred to the sexual assault you felt you would be on the receiving end of from the people here who were disagreeing with you.

You have taken the time to write a post that disregards the gravity of your previous post which I originally replied to, it also disregards the very constitution of that post and attempts to represent it as meaning something entirely different (at least I can only assume that you are doing that).

You accused poster's here of "hatred and resentment" of the woman in question which is if you're honest just your take on people's opinions, which you misrepresented and stated as fact.

There's nothing hilarious at all here, you made sweeping statements in plain English and then said they meant something else.
You don't seem capable of forming a cohesive thought never mind an argument and you're trying to make me look unreasonable for not agreeing with your insulting opinion which is patently illogical.
nullzero is offline  
Thanks from:
14-09-2018, 15:05   #3605
sexmag
Registered User
 
sexmag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
Your argument implied that men are predisposed to rape/sexual assault. You wrote it, re read it and think about what it says, you made a bold statement accusing posters on this forum of being likely to sexually assault you in a work environment.
Again, you wrote it, it makes a very uncomplimentary comment on those disagreeing with your argument in plain English.

The victim act comment referred to the sexual assault you felt you would be on the receiving end of from the people here who were disagreeing with you.

You have taken the time to write a post that disregards the gravity of your previous post which I originally replied to, it also disregards the very constitution of that post and attempts to represent it as meaning something entirely different (at least I can only assume that you are doing that).

You accused poster's here of "hatred and resentment" of the woman in question which is if you're honest just your take on people's opinions, which you misrepresented and stated as fact.

There's nothing hilarious at all here, you made sweeping statements in plain English and then said they meant something else.
You don't seem capable of forming a cohesive thought never mind an argument and you're trying to make me look unreasonable for not agreeing with your insulting opinion which is patently illogical.
To be fair she didnt imply rape "she stated feel her up"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senature View Post
To all those who are blaming this woman for being groped at a business meeting, I hope to f*ck I never work with any of you. Just in case I flick my hair out of my face and maybe smile at you and you then decide that means I want you to feel me up repeatedly despite me never touching you.
Also nothing in rest of her comments implies all men are rapists either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senature View Post
The very start of the meeting, before they greet each other, he locks the door and then instead of shaking her hand he hugs her and runs his hands up and down her back. She did nothing to initiate any of this or encourage it, and is now on the back foot for the whole rest of the meeting as she feels weird and uncomfortable. At the time she also presumeably had no idea that he had a history of inappropriate sexual advances towards women, something which every commentator here is now aware of as they cast their judgments on her.
For even putting forward a question about a previous poster's comment I have been labelled a feminist and am apparently wearing blinkers. So unless I agree with the notion that she led him on my opinion is obviously misguided, misinformed, man hating or whatever else has been decided. The video does not at all prove he raped her, but I think it does prove sexual harrassment at that meeting. Feeling concerned because occasionally people make false allegations which can have a horrific effect on those accused is valid and worth discussing and finding better solutions for how cases are dealt with generally. Treating and discussing everyone who makes an allegation with such hatred and resentment is horrible and totally needless.
However i dont agree with the bold part, i think she new full well what he was like and played it too her own advantage, while else record the encounter?
sexmag is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-09-2018, 15:09   #3606
partyjungle
Registered User
 
partyjungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 8,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Pete View Post
Here's the video for those who haven't seen it.



The part where she goes "Data is so hot" goes completely against what she's saying in hindsight
partyjungle is offline  
Thanks from:
14-09-2018, 15:14   #3607
Outlaw Pete
Registered User
 
Outlaw Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
....you made a bold statement accusing posters on this forum of being likely to sexually assault you in a work environment.
If she so much as flicked her hair out of her face or smiled any of us too and yet that sanctimonious tripe got a dozen thanks....

Quote:
I hope to f*ck I never work with any of you. Just in case I flick my hair out of my face and maybe smile at you and you then decide that means I want you to feel me up repeatedly despite me never touching you.
If someone needs to exaggerate to this degree well their position can't be all that strong to begin with.
Outlaw Pete is offline  
14-09-2018, 15:34   #3608
partyjungle
Registered User
 
partyjungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 8,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw Pete View Post
If she so much as flicked her hair out of her face or smiled any of us too and yet that sanctimonious tripe got a dozen thanks....



If someone needs to exaggerate to this degree well their position can't be all that strong to begin with.

It makes a better point in context
partyjungle is offline  
(2) thanks from:
14-09-2018, 15:43   #3609
Senature
Registered User
 
Senature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullzero View Post
Your argument implied that men are predisposed to rape/sexual assault. You wrote it, re read it and think about what it says, you made a bold statement accusing posters on this forum of being likely to sexually assault you in a work environment.
Again, you wrote it, it makes a very uncomplimentary comment on those disagreeing with your argument in plain English.

The victim act comment referred to the sexual assault you felt you would be on the receiving end of from the people here who were disagreeing with you.

You have taken the time to write a post that disregards the gravity of your previous post which I originally replied to, it also disregards the very constitution of that post and attempts to represent it as meaning something entirely different (at least I can only assume that you are doing that).

You accused poster's here of "hatred and resentment" of the woman in question which is if you're honest just your take on people's opinions, which you misrepresented and stated as fact.

There's nothing hilarious at all here, you made sweeping statements in plain English and then said they meant something else.
You don't seem capable of forming a cohesive thought never mind an argument and you're trying to make me look unreasonable for not agreeing with your insulting opinion which is patently illogical.
I do not think men are predisposed to sexual assault and implied nothing of the sort. The comment I made relating to smiling and flicking my hair was a sarcastic direct response to the numerous posters who were and continue to suggest that she was via her body language (including hair flicking) inviting him to put his hands on her in places and ways that are completely abnormal for a business meeting. I was trying to point out how ridiculous an argument that seems when placed in the context of any normal working environment.
I see it like this - at the start of the meeting, he locks the door and touches her inappropriately which makes her feel uncomfortable. Was she touching him back while he was rubbing her arm or back? No. Did she try to kiss him? No. Did she respond positively when he seems to have put his hands on her thighs? No. Did he back off? No. Did he keep pushing it? Yes. Did she leave or make a fuss? No. Did she continue to try to close the deal despite feeling uncomfortable? Yes.
Most of the other posters here seem to see a smiling woman who was flirting with a man and trying to use any attraction he felt for her as a way to close a deal and yes Harvey was a bit sleezy or whatever, but she deserves pretty hefty criticism for everything she did/didn't do etc. Often in very insulting language, not simply by way of observation. The overwhelming majority of posts here focus negatively on her and her actions, not on him for acting the way he did. That is what I mean by hatred and resentment being shown towards her.
Finally, there's no need to insult me by saying I don't seem capable of forming a cohesive thought never mind an argument.
Senature is offline  
Advertisement
14-09-2018, 15:49   #3610
Senature
Registered User
 
Senature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 111
The point I actually made was

To all those who are blaming this woman for being groped at a business meeting...

I hope to f*ck I never work with any of you. Just in case I flick my hair out of my face and maybe smile at you and you then decide that means I want you to feel me up repeatedly despite me never touching you.

Sarcastically and squarely aimed at only those who are more or less suggesting that she was asking for it because she flicked her hair, smiled etc.
Senature is offline  
Thanks from:
14-09-2018, 16:40   #3611
Outlaw Pete
Registered User
 
Outlaw Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senature View Post
I see it like this - at the start of the meeting, he locks the door and touches her inappropriately which makes her feel uncomfortable.
And that was wrong as has been pointed out by many of the posters you are lambasting.

Quote:
Was she touching him back while he was rubbing her arm or back? No.
Did anyone say she was? No.

Quote:
Did she try to kiss him? No.
Did anyone say that she did? No.

Quote:
Did she respond positively when he seems to have put his hands on her thighs?
YES!!!!

Here she is from the very moment Harvey starts feeling her up under the table:













Now, had she not reacted like she did above, then she would have had a clear cut case of sexual harassment THE MOMENT he put his hands on her, as while she gave him permission to flirt, no court would have considered her doing that as her consenting to be felt up...... but not only did she not make it known she did not want to be touched, on the contrary, her body language screams that she is fine with it and she even verbally gives him permission to keep it when she says "We can do both".

Quote:
Did he back off? No.
Why would he? She did not give him any indication that she was uncomfortable with what he was doing other than at one point saying his hand was too far up her skirt for her liking. Sleazy mofo for ever touching to begin with, no question, and if he did that to other women I hope he faces the consequences for having done so, but come on, this woman made it obvious she had no problem with it, hence him asking her to go for a drink no doubt.

Quote:
Did he keep pushing it? Yes.
Again, he was getting all the signals he should do.

Like I said before, nobody keeps on fishing in a lake where they never get a bite and so it was always quite clear that Weinstein must have been getting some positive results over the years from his reprehensible behavior, and in my opinion, this woman was one such case.

If I'm wrong and he did indeed rape her at the hotel she met him at, then I hope he does time, but she should really have went to the police at the time, there was no good reason for her not to have.
Outlaw Pete is offline  
14-09-2018, 16:48   #3612
Outlaw Pete
Registered User
 
Outlaw Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senature View Post
Sarcastically and squarely aimed at only those who are more or less suggesting that she was asking for it because she flicked her hair, smiled etc.
Nobody has said that her smiling was "asking" to be felt up, but her smiling, leaning in and verbally saying she was okay with it (as it was happening) without question, was encouraging Weinstein to continue.
Outlaw Pete is offline  
(2) thanks from:
14-09-2018, 17:01   #3613
rusty cole
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,625
Marie curie died from radium poisoning in the name of research, for the betterment of science and thus the world. Her husband was dragged under a stage coach and died a horrendous death. 2 bloody Nobel prizes for chemistry and physics..how strong a wonam do you have to be.....

and this is what we're left with, wingers video taping themselves waving a steak in a lions mouth and crying when he bites!! he's dirt bag doing what dirt bags do.
crying when they're beaten in a tennis match! you're a sexist, I'm a strong woman!! yeah yeah yeah!!
rusty cole is online now  
14-09-2018, 17:23   #3614
nullzero
Registered User
 
nullzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senature View Post
The point I actually made was

To all those who are blaming this woman for being groped at a business meeting...

I hope to f*ck I never work with any of you. Just in case I flick my hair out of my face and maybe smile at you and you then decide that means I want you to feel me up repeatedly despite me never touching you.

Sarcastically and squarely aimed at only those who are more or less suggesting that she was asking for it because she flicked her hair, smiled etc.
Now you're saying it's sarcasm.
Why did you not indicate that before now?
Or are you trying to save face?
nullzero is offline  
Thanks from:
20-09-2018, 04:17   #3615
JupiterKid
Registered User
 
JupiterKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,683
It’s not just the young women, now 15 former male models accuse photographer Bruce Weber of sexually harassing and molesting them...

https://www.businessoffashion.com/ar...egations-mount
JupiterKid is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet