Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

08-08-2018, 20:26   #436
Stoolbend

That’s tougher now. You can’t use ecareers to get the nus card.
Advertisement
09-08-2018, 10:07   #437
Raoul

New skills academy worked for me!
09-08-2018, 10:18   #438
jasongoodbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel123 View Post
So three weeks after prime day, they can finally tell me, after numberous emails, it will be dispatched in another 6 weeks. What a joke!!!
If i go online now, it shows in stock!
Do you have a link to the TV? Seems unlikely Amazon have it in stock but yet there is such a delay
09-08-2018, 12:18   #439
rustledjimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasongoodbody View Post
Do you have a link to the TV? Seems unlikely Amazon have it in stock but yet there is such a delay

Happens all the time to me. "In stock" but taking a week before shipping it? "In stock" Seems to mean that Amazon have it somewhere in the world but not necessarily in that country's warehouses.

6 weeks though? Never had it that bad!
09-08-2018, 12:30   #440
mel123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasongoodbody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustledjimmies View Post
Happens all the time to me. "In stock" but taking a week before shipping it? "In stock" Seems to mean that Amazon have it somewhere in the world but not necessarily in that country's warehouses.

6 weeks though? Never had it that bad!
its defiantly in stock sure i can see that with my own eyes. I think even though it says sold by amazon, thats not actually the case, because in one of the emails they started telling they rely on the suppliers to let them know if something is in stock. I was always under the impression once it was 'sold by amazon' it was in their warehouse, but this doesnt seem to be the case.
Advertisement
09-08-2018, 13:58   #441
banie01

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenfrozen View Post
get a revolut virtual card, it'll show up as UK
Bloody Genius!
For some reason it wouldn't validate my Revolut Mastercard, generated a Revolut Visa virtual card and it went straight thru!
Thanks for the heads up!
Thanks from:
09-08-2018, 20:23   #442
moonboy52

They switched me to Prime Video UK no probs a few weeks ago. Revolut card with PM as shipping address

For future reference is having a Physical Revolut card they sent me the same as a virtual card?

My physical card has my real address on it so just a bit confused if there is any difference.

Is it "physical card" shows as ROI, Virtual strictly UK and use Virtual for all Prime payments?

Cheers folks

Last edited by moonboy52; 09-08-2018 at 20:40.
09-08-2018, 22:00   #443
Philster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala85 View Post
Downloaded iplayer from aptoide but I can't get it to work
Do you have the mouse toggle app downloaded as you need it to navigate around that app. Otherwise you need what Usedtowait suggested.
30-08-2018, 20:51   #444
masterboy123

Is it worth getting amazon prime and pay 9.5 euros per month? Given I order roughly twice a month from them or from ebay. I am not sure if it's worth getting it?
Any personal experience or thought?
Advertisement
30-08-2018, 21:43   #445
gazzamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterboy123 View Post
Is it worth getting amazon prime and pay 9.5 euros per month? Given I order roughly twice a month from them or from ebay. I am not sure if it's worth getting it?
Any personal experience or thought?
Try get the student trial, it last 6 months. If you look back on this thread you should see a way of getting it. Using the nus card. I've noticed since I've gotten it I order more.. But that's just due to the free shipping no matter what price (if not an add on item). I'd say it worth it for me as I order atleast every other week and I use the prime video.

Also student charge is only 4.99eur per month
Thanks from:
30-08-2018, 22:41   #446
masterboy123

Checked this page to use Nus card, but it doesn't say where do we get free university email id ?
any help is appreciated

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057889634/25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzamc View Post
Try get the student trial, it last 6 months. If you look back on this thread you should see a way of getting it. Using the nus card. I've noticed since I've gotten it I order more.. But that's just due to the free shipping no matter what price (if not an add on item). I'd say it worth it for me as I order atleast every other week and I use the prime video.

30-08-2018, 22:53   #447
gazzamc

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterboy123 View Post
Checked this page to use Nus card, but it doesn't say where do we get free university email id ?
any help is appreciated

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057889634/25

Quote:

I used ecareers as the institute (you didn't need to prove anything). Get the card then email amazon a screenshot of the profile (from the nus app).
30-08-2018, 23:07   #448
masterboy123

When I write ecareers, it's giving an error and not accepting it. I am trying on this website :
https://cards.nusextra.co.uk/card/application/education

Quote:
I used ecareers as the institute (you didn't need to prove anything). Get the card then email amazon a screenshot of the profile (from the nus app).
30-08-2018, 23:10   #449
dos29

I think somebody posted that e-careers stopped working unfortunately.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoolbend View Post
That’s tougher now. You can’t use ecareers to get the nus card.
30-08-2018, 23:14   #450
masterboy123

It's asking specifically for university name and then you need to login using university specific login details.

Any other solution?

PS. Somehow I went to next stage and it asks for Pin code and wouldn't let go ahead.

Last edited by masterboy123; 30-08-2018 at 23:30.
Thread Closed