Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
06-08-2018, 15:53   #856
funnyname
Registered User
 
funnyname's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Clare
Posts: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupify View Post
So is Turkey the cheapest for the 4 screen plan,? 40 lira is just under 7 euro, seems pretty cheap.
Turkey via Hola, very happy
funnyname is online now  
Advertisement
06-08-2018, 16:44   #857
corks finest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucast2007us View Post
Couple of questions guys before I bite the bullet

Is the content different on the Turkish version compared to the Irish one?

Is it worth paying the extra to get the UHD 4 screen plan??
U get normal content
corks finest is offline  
06-08-2018, 18:19   #858
Wheety
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,728
I set up a new virtual card in Revolut and will use that to pay for it. I will set up a monthly limit of around €6 on that card so there can't be any funny business with it. The Turkish 2 screen option is less than a fiver a month.
Wheety is offline  
Thanks from:
06-08-2018, 19:49   #859
cletus
Registered User
 
cletus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A Taco in Mexico
Posts: 3,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheety View Post
I set up a new virtual card in Revolut and will use that to pay for it. I will set up a monthly limit of around €6 on that card so there can't be any funny business with it. The Turkish 2 screen option is less than a fiver a month.
I wouldn't bother setting the limit, I've been using it for maybe 2 years now, no issues. Plus, if you're like me, its handy for buying random crap on eBay or any of the many Chinese sites
cletus is offline  
06-08-2018, 19:53   #860
Wheety
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by cletus View Post
I wouldn't bother setting the limit, I've been using it for maybe 2 years now, no issues. Plus, if you're like me, its handy for buying random crap on eBay or any of the many Chinese sites
I'll just use it for Netflix only. Have other Revolut cards.
Wheety is offline  
Advertisement
06-08-2018, 20:14   #861
OmegaGene
Registered User
 
OmegaGene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: middle of nowhere
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheety View Post
I set up a new virtual card in Revolut and will use that to pay for it. I will set up a monthly limit of around €6 on that card so there can't be any funny business with it. The Turkish 2 screen option is less than a fiver a month.
What funny business could there be
I’ve been using Revolut for ages without any issues
OmegaGene is online now  
06-08-2018, 20:19   #862
Wheety
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaGene View Post
What funny business could there be
I’ve been using Revolut for ages without any issues
I've had it a long time too. No issues at all with Revolut.

Hola might not be as secure though and I'll be inputting my details through that.

It's one of the benefits of Revolut. You can have several virtual cards.

Plus it's a different card number for getting the free month again. If bothered you could keep getting the free month.
Wheety is offline  
06-08-2018, 22:15   #863
Wheety
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,728
Signed up on the Turkish one just now. Used a different email address and credit card so starting again. No recommendations based on what I've watched but I don't usually find something that way anyway.

It possibly would have been fine using the same account details.

I'm on the 2 screen plan as I don't have a 4k tv and it's just me and the wife anyway. On current rates it's around €4.50 but have a free month now.

Was contemplating the 1 screen plan which was only around €2.50
Wheety is offline  
Thanks from:
09-08-2018, 20:00   #864
Roberto_gas
Registered User
 
Roberto_gas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 304
Lads does turkey support 5 devices ?
Roberto_gas is offline  
Advertisement
09-08-2018, 20:15   #865
jkbah
Registered User
 
jkbah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 63
. Can get family plan with 5 accounts
jkbah is offline  
11-08-2018, 14:31   #866
Mrcaramelchoc
Registered User
 
Mrcaramelchoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 613
The Turkish currency has taken a nosedive apparently.will this make it cheaper or dearer for those of us who live and watch Netflix in Turkey?
Mrcaramelchoc is offline  
11-08-2018, 14:49   #867
brendanwalsh
Registered User
 
brendanwalsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 419
Netflix doesn't care that we are buying through turkey as they pay less tax on the income earned there than they would on income earned in ireland /UK.
brendanwalsh is offline  
Thanks from:
11-08-2018, 14:54   #868
Roberto_gas
Registered User
 
Roberto_gas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcaramelchoc
The Turkish currency has taken a nosedive apparently.will this make it cheaper or dearer for those of us who live and watch Netflix in Turkey?

Paid 6 eur for a month
Roberto_gas is offline  
11-08-2018, 18:27   #869
Wheety
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,728
Just an FYI, I just received an an email saying "We have recently failed to validate payment information, we are aware of their own, Thus, we must ask you to complete a short validation process in order to verify your billing and payment."

As you can see from the poor English, it's just spam. I know some people said they received an email mentioning payment method. Just be careful folks. Sometimes coincidences like this can have people drop their guard.
Wheety is offline  
11-08-2018, 20:01   #870
TheDriver
Moderator
 
TheDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: M8 motorway
Posts: 8,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheety View Post
Just an FYI, I just received an an email saying "We have recently failed to validate payment information, we are aware of their own, Thus, we must ask you to complete a short validation process in order to verify your billing and payment."

As you can see from the poor English, it's just spam. I know some people said they received an email mentioning payment method. Just be careful folks. Sometimes coincidences like this can have people drop their guard.
I get these on a weekly basis. I'd only take any note if Netflix stopped working on renewal day
TheDriver is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet