Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ballybunion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Hi lads,

I was wondering if there are any camping spots (i.e. for tents) in Ballybunion these days? I saw a few posts on the thread from a few years back which said there weren't but just curious as to whether any have appeared since. I'd have thought the demand would be quite high. There's a small group of us (4 or 5) coming from Dublin in a few weeks time.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

A question occurs to me: Do those hills on either side of Knockanore have names?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Could anyone give me the name of the kennel on the road into ballyb union from lisselton cross. Going for the weekend and need to book dog in kennels or any other Recommendations. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

maryk123 wrote:
    Could anyone give me the name of the kennel on the road into ballyb union from lisselton cross. Going for the weekend and need to book dog in kennels or any other Recommendations. Thanks.

Woofs

In case you were curious:

Average Weather in Ballybunion Ireland

In Ballybunion
    • summers are cool and windy
    • winters are long, cold, wet, and extremely windy
    • is mostly cloudy year round.

Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 41°F to 65°F and is rarely below 34°F or above 71°F.

The warm season lasts for 3.1 months
    from June 14 to September 18
    an average daily high temperature above 62°F
    The hottest day of the year is August 2, with an average high of 65°F and low of 57°F.

The cool season lasts for 4.3 months
    from November 19 to March 29
    an average daily high temperature below 52°F
    The coldest day of the year is February 17, with an average low of 41°F and high of 49°F.

https://weatherspark.com/y/32097/Average-Weather-in-Ballybunnion-Ireland

Ballybunion Electricity Supply Co. Ltd. began to supply electricity in 1934, initially supplying 108 homes and businesses, rising to 238 by 1946, when it was acquired by ESB around 1946—1947.

https://esbarchives.ie/2017/09/18/connecting-kerry-to-the-national-grid/

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Very quiet in here lately.... Lovely and unexpectedly sunny weather today... A stroll across the beach is in order after work I think. I see someone is doing up my dream house on Ozone Terrace... a big undertaking considering its a listed building but by the looks of them they know what theyre doing. An 1830s house is a tricky thing to modernize even when you don't have the council breathing down your neck to keep every original feature.

Great to see also that the local ice cream parlour has decided to stay open for weekends throughout the off season this year. It's lovely to have somewhere to go for a decent cup of coffee that isn't a pub.

• Advertisement

I don't suppose anyone is crazy enough to go to the beach and get some photos of the hurricane?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

I don't suppose anyone is crazy enough to go to the beach and get some photos of the hurricane?

I hope not. It's extremely windy here now with the worst yet to come

Squaredude wrote: »
    I hope not. It's extremely windy here now with the worst yet to come

High winds and cliffs are a dangerous combination. I guess the Irish have more sense than us. In America, there would definitely be people out to watch the waves crashing into the rocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Wel Hello im back. Glad to see this thread going still going.

Excluding my frequent cycling trips I have not been back in Ballybunion since Jan 20th 2017 - US presidential inauguration day. Had to go out to see the "tribute" that was proposed to Trump on the beach. I promptly raked over the half of it the sea had not already erased. I then done my own piece of beach art - since Kerry County Council had told me there was no law against it.

2017-01-20%2011.58.48_zpsumlwcwlf.jpg

Welcome back Alfa.

Been pretty quiet here.....

The storms weren't too bad here in North Kerry. Seems the eye was just west of us, out into the sea. So Cork and everywhere north of it, got it worse.

Its been surprisingly warm here since summer. There is a cool spell forecast for coming few days. Could be zero in BB!

Welcome back Alfa.

Been pretty quiet here.....

The storms weren't too bad here in North Kerry. Seems the eye was just west of us, out into the sea. So Cork and everywhere north of it, got it worse.

Its been surprisingly warm here since summer. There is a cool spell forecast for coming few days. Could be zero in BB!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

We are looking at moving near Ballybunion in the next few months. Ballylongford seems close ( & within price range ). Is Ballylongford a nice place to live ?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Ballylongford is a charming place as are asdee ,liselton and ballyduff .If anything these places would e a bit dead during winter months and
    ballybunion with them until easter when things go mad!!!

Ballylongford is a grand wee town.... I prefer Ballybunion, but hey, thats just because I live here.

Ballylongford has great little harbor if you are into boats. The town has plenty of charm. And a good selection of houses that aren't in the town too. Some nice places within a mile of town centre.

Any of the Bally boys I know are very proud of the community spirit of there.

And "Bally" always means Ballylongford and not Ballybunion... Weird...

• Advertisement

Another quiet year for The Ballybunion Thread:

9609 views for 2017
    26 views per day

By way of contrast:

12,129 views for 2016
    33 views per day

34,021 views for the year 2015
    93 views per day

38,032 views for the year 2014
    104 views per day

Happy New Year everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Driving up trough town last evening ,i was stoped at armed garda checkpoint near fire station ,anyone have an idea what was going down???

Robbery of a shop a few mins over the road. Suspects were believed to have had links to the Ballybunion area.

Ok everyone I haven't been on this board in a while but I am hoping someone might be able to point me in the direction of a year round house rental in Ballybunion. Current landlord is selling up in May so I have till then to find somewhere. Needs to be in town, 3 bedrooms furnished or unfurnished I don't mind. I'd really appreciate any help at all.

So how much snow did Ballybunion get?

And did anyone take any photos?

c024.gif

Z387REV.png

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Great photo

:confused:

Where?

• Advertisement