Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

usually max you'll wait is 48 hrs

Now your keyboard is working again ACE will you clarify the question I asked you yesterday? You come in here defending the HSE to the hilt constantly, making statements and claiming facts but when people question you on them or point out they aren’t correct you take off for a few hours waiting for the conversation to change before turning up again. You’ve done it twice with me at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,260 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mallow vaccine centre opening soon, I thought all centres were opened

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Mallow vaccine centre opening soon, I thought all centres were opened

Hopefully once it’s open it stays open and not closed a lot over lack of vaccines. I passed City hall today and there was a bit of activity around but I’m not certain if it was operational

Apparently despite appointment times given, long delays in PUC, late vaccines arrival?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Hopefully once it’s open it stays open and not closed a lot over lack of vaccines. I passed City hall today and there was a bit of activity around but I’m not certain if it was operational

It was, not sure how many they were doing but they were definitely vaccinating.

• Advertisement

Apparently despite appointment times given, long delays in PUC, late vaccines arrival?

Probably be told now it was idiotic of the people to expect it at the exact times....

It was, not sure how many they were doing but they were definitely vaccinating.

After looking around online it seems it opened Friday. Hopefully it helps ramp things up large scale towards the numbers needed on a daily basis as the over all numbers for vaccinations at the weekend were low again

Ryan air advertising flights to London from Cork for €15 return in May. Between this and people Crossing the border once the North opens up fully its hard to see how the government will be able to keep up high restrictions here and expect people not to head to the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

11 cases in Cork today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

11 cases in Cork today

Much better thankfully

Friend of mine got their first dose of the AZ vaccine in City Hall today. No delays in, jabbed, 15 mins waiting period, and out. Said all booths were up and running and lots of people about.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

232 in hospital. Lowest since week before Christmas.

56 in ICU, which is down 4 from yesterday.

Friend of mine got their first dose of the AZ vaccine in City Hall today. No delays in, jabbed, 15 mins waiting period, and out. Said all booths were up and running and lots of people about.

Is AZ the only one given out in both City Hall and PUC?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Yes to both. Right now anyway.

I don’t know.
    On the vaccination cards now they have QR Codes and the initials AZ as opposed to hand written batch numbers and manufactures name that were on them previously and AFAIK people can’t choose which one they get. So on that front, and I’m only guessing here, it’s whatever one is available at that moment to the vaccinator and not for the person getting the jab to decide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

My mother got a text from CUH today for City Hall vaccine but she prefers to wait for her own GP, she is nervous, she is not in healthcare or frontline, she prefers if someone in that group takes her place, she also wants to know what vaccine she is getting, I know a few older folks who asked this to their GP

I have a family member with a text from a mobile number about city hall vaccine appointment. No idea who it's from asking for a yes or no. Is this how it is being rolled out? You'd think they could spread that news on radio / TV ads make sure people know a text will come.... If it doesn't turn out to be real they will be so disappointed..

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    I have a family member with a text from a mobile number about city hall vaccine appointment. No idea who it's from asking for a yes or no. Is this how it is being rolled out? You'd think they could spread that news on radio / TV ads make sure people know a text will come.... If it doesn't turn out to be real they will be so disappointed..
    The ones I've saw require the person to text back Y or N

Jim Gazebo wrote: »

My mother got a text first from CUH, then a text from a mobile number for to attend at City Hall for the vaccine but she was nervous and sick so could not attend which was texted back and then she was telephoned back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

What is the communication method if a person doesn't have a mobile phone? Where does this database of numbers sit? Is it with the GP?

Mardyke wrote: »
    What is the communication method if a person doesn't have a mobile phone? Where does this database of numbers sit? Is it with the GP?

This is only an assumption but once the registration portal opens next week it will fall on the person looking to get the vaccine to register their own details and then that should help to eliminate double bookings. I’d guess somewhere on it they’ll insert a warning box saying tick method of contact, phone,text,email

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Thanks all! It's legit! Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

I genuinely can't deal with the vaccine threat in the covid forum. So I'm gonna ask in here, is there a website where one can register to get the vaccine? I have looked around and I know there is one for health care workers, but that's all I'm seeing

• Registered Users Posts: 20,911 ✭✭✭✭Stark

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    I genuinely can't deal with the vaccine threat in the covid forum. So I'm gonna ask in here, is there a website where one can register to get the vaccine? I have looked around and I know there is one for health care workers, but that's all I'm seeing

Not yet. Plan is to have something before April 19th. At the moment, everything's being done through GPs so you'd need to be registered with one to be contacted.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

In fairness it's pretty slick in City Hall, I got a call asking me if I could come in earlier than my appointment as they had capacity. Really trying to get people through as fast as they can

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

In fairness it's pretty slick in City Hall, I got a call asking me if I could come in earlier than my appointment as they had capacity. Really trying to get people through as fast as they can

Great news. it's like an old locomotive where it takes a while to get the wheels moving but once it does it'll be smoooooth with the odd bump along the way.

That’s great to hear. Hopefully these few centers added too the age only portal will see the ramp up too the much needed 250,000 a week doses

You might know for others who asked
    Was it a text appointment initially?
    Was there any choice in Vaccine?
    Was it AZ given today also?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

That’s great to hear. Hopefully these few centers added too the age only portal will see the ramp up too the much needed 250,000 a week doses

You might know for others who asked
    Was it a text appointment initially?
    Was there any choice in Vaccine?
    Was it AZ given today also?

I was registered on the HSE portal in March, got an initial text Tuesday asking me to confirm that I wanted to go ahead with Astra Zenica being the vaccine on offer. Confirmed Y and then a text yesterday with an appointment today.

Asked again in City Hall to confirm I was happy with AZ.

Lots of checks made before you get in to confirm eligibility and there were several in front of me turned away even though they were showing a text received. Great to see them tightening down

• Advertisement

There's walk-in testing for all UCC students on campus today and tomorrow, must be a few cases about

Advertisement