Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mancity1

I have my one up on adverts if anyone is interested rarely used will include the descaler and beans for fellow boardsies

https://www.adverts.ie/small-kitchen-appliances/de-longhi-esam-2800-cafe-corso-bean-to-cup-coffee/19351968?notification=0e603f2b66624e218ab381a4d410f0aa-1574979833#comment_121580028

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

mancity1 wrote: »

That’s a great bargain for someone. Some cheeky monkey offering 50 quid. The neck of some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

That’s a great bargain for someone. Some cheeky monkey offering 50 quid. The neck of some people.

Remember some people bought these for €113 two years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭LizardKing

On Amazon its down to £209.99 for the next couple of hours (daily deal)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-Magnifica-ESAM-4200-S-Silver/dp/B001EOMZ5E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DeLonghi-Cafe-Corso-ESAM2800-Bean-to-Cup-Coffee-No-1-in-Home-Coffee-Machines-/143176836792 refurb use code PARTYTIME to get it for £136 + 4eur parcel wizard fee. Got the same machine 1.5year ago same seller, refurbished, no issues since

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9062135.htm

Not sure if its been cheaper but seens a good price to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

rogieop wrote: »
    https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9062135.htm

Not sure if its been cheaper but seens a good price to me.

It's been available from Argos before for less than half that.
    Fairly sure I picked it up for 113 a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

Esam 4200 down to £229.99 on amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Is the esam2800 the machine of choice, thinking if getting a bean to cup machine. I have a nespresso and use it about 3-4 times a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

Redriddick wrote: »
    Is the esam2800 the machine of choice, thinking if getting a bean to cup machine. I have a nespresso and use it about 3-4 times a day.

The 4200 is an excellent machine ,have mine couple of years

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Also confused as to what's the better shout guys. ESAM 2800 or 4200, any advice much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Pretty sure the infuser and grinder in both machines is identical so a lot is about esthetics tbh.

I cant wait to use this (christmas day). Im hoping ill save some beans compared to the andrew james one im using

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Its a great piece of kit in fairness. I got mine in early 2014, Delonghi ESAM04.110.S Magnifica, cost 204 pound from Amazon. Its used everyday, maybe 3 cups, no problems so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Anyone recommend some good beans for these, middle of the road price wise

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Glebee wrote: »
    Its a great piece of kit in fairness. I got mine in early 2014, Delonghi ESAM04.110.S Magnifica, cost 204 pound from Amazon. Its used everyday, maybe 3 cups, no problems so far.

suss out your local coffee shops, see whos coffee you like the best, most of them will sell you a bag of beans no probs. My local place sells me a large bag for 20 quid and that does me a month, at roughly 3 or 4 cups a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

RonTon wrote: »
    The 4200 is an excellent machine ,have mine couple of years

Sorry mine is the De'Longhi ECAM22.110.SB ,got it on amazon.de for €310 including delivery in 2017 , it’s €290 at moment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Redriddick wrote: »
    Anyone recommend some good beans for these, middle of the road price wise

Lavazza coffee beans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

£209.99 today Amazon.

I am almost demoralised from trying to make a strong coffee with the maxima 4200.

There is water underneath that defuser and also ground coffee.

I love strong coffee and all i can see in the ground collection tray is disc shaped wet grinds but also some bone dry. The water has been dribbling out a lot too.

I have set the water hardness to hard as i am in Limerick suburbs.

I am using Lavazza beans 5 strength. Grind set to high

Help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

McSween wrote: »
    I am almost demoralised from trying to make a strong coffee with the maxima 4200.

There is water underneath that defuser and also ground coffee.

I love strong coffee and all i can see in the ground collection tray is disc shaped wet grinds but also some bone dry. The water has been dribbling out a lot too.

I have set the water hardness to hard as i am in Limerick suburbs.

I am using Lavazza beans 5 strength. Grind set to high

Help.

Took me a while to figure it out. Have it set to around 10 in the water side and about 2 on the grinder. There is another setting inside the grinder which I have set to about 5.

I hate most lavazza beans though except for the super crema. Most others I've tried have been pish. The ones in supermarkets are shiyte imo.

I use the beans from insomnia in general and they give a nice coffee.

In saying all that I have had loads of grief with these machines. Grinder failed in the first one, some sensor keeping the door open in the replacement. On the third machine now and wouldn't bother bringing it back the next time. They are cheaper for a reason.

On this machine the water hard/soft setting is only 1-4 so you must be on about a different machine.

It is very frustrating. I never get weak coffee like this out of machines in shops etc. is there a way of doubling the amount of ground beans per cup?

Btw it is Americano i am making. I reduced water amount and added an espresso (which is very small) and it is still slightly off.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jo Satan

Lavazza coffee is rated 1 to 10 in strength, so whilst 5 is strong in most coffees it is not with lavazza.
    Try Aldi's Italian beans, they are a stronger dark roast.

For Lavazza look for this one it is 10 in strength.
    4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Those strength ratings on the beans don't mean much tbh.

Try using two individual shots (rather than a double shot) for your americano. Try and get an extraction time of around 20 seconds per shot. I have got a similar machine and have the grind setting on the finest, or maybe just slightly above depending on the beans (it will vary depending on the freshness etc of the beans)

Some good advice here on things to try for underextracted coffee
    https://coffeemakingworld.com/how-do-you-fix-under-extracted-coffee/

I’ll have to try stronger. I had it in my head that 5 was the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

This whole “stronger” lark gets to me.

What exactly does it mean?

Is it a darker roast? No, generally if you take any bag of coffee off the shelf in a supermarket it’s your usual dark oily bean no matter if it’s a 3 or 5 or whatever.

Is it the caffeine content? No, for the most part this will be dictated by the quantity of coffee used and the extraction time.

So what exactly does it mean? I’m gonna say absolutely **** all is what it means.

But people stay say jaysus I’ll go for a strong coffee, better go for a 5!!

I’ll end my rant with this. I get that it’s each to their own but dark roast coffee is the essentially burnt food. All flavour and aroma had been destroyed by this end of the roast process. But it’s strong hey!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

It's means a stronger taste of coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

It's means a stronger taste of coffee.

Lol. I hope that was sarcasm.

Advertisement