Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

So what mobile number did you use? Irish?

Yeah just used my own Irish number. No issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Any issue with entering your credit card details while connected through a VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

I have been using turkish netflix and Revolut for 6 months with the 2 screen plan.
    If i want to move to the 4 screen plan, do I need to use the vpn for that or just log in as normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭5star02707

kheb wrote: »
    I have been using turkish netflix and Revolut for 6 months with the 2 screen plan.
    If i want to move to the 4 screen plan, do I need to use the vpn for that or just log in as normal?

just log in as normal if you're already paying in Turkish Lira

just select the 4 screen plan which shoul be in Lira and you're good to go

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Revolut or n26 is cheaper

I meant safety wise. I know Revolut is topped up so that partially deals with it, but are details entered over one secure?

• Advertisement

Safe as anything online really

Yeah I don't have need of a VPN subscription and I'm not so sure about the free ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭frankythefish

I m signed up through Netflix Nigeria. Pay the equivalent of 2 euro 50 cent a month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I m signed up through Netflix Nigeria. Pay the equivalent of 2 euro 50 cent a month :)

It's just as well your a fish and not a cashier in a Bureau de Change Frankie. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe frankythefish is really a Nigerian Prince so gets an extra discount? I certainly could believe that....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

How does $8 work out at €2.50 a month :confused:
    Maybe he shares a premium account?

$12 for premium, $12 = €10.74 / 4 = €2.69

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Anyone worried about the security of it, I have a virtual Revolut card which I only use for this. Set a limit of €8 a month just in case of any fluctuations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭cletus

Wheety wrote: »
    Anyone worried about the security of it, I have a virtual Revolut card which I only use for this. Set a limit of €8 a month just in case of any fluctuations.

Doing it the last 2 years, paying through revolut,, first Mexico, then Turkey, zero issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭lau1247

Saw this from HUKD which may be useful for anyone trying to sign up to Turkey but faced with mobile verification problem.
    Update 5: If you get asked for a mobile number verification, just connect to Netflix without a VPN and verify with a uk Number and then go back to VPN to subscribe with turkich Liras.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

I was finally able to set this up today after waiting for my previous subscription to run out. Restarted my membership in Turkish lira using a Revolut card to pay and it has gone through, although I haven't logged in to watch anything yet without the VPN. Thanks to the OP and all who have posted useful information throughout the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

A bit off-topic but you can also use a VPN to change to the Turkish version of the Google Play store and then get a cheaper subscription to tinder premium. The only negative you can only change your Google Play store location once per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Hi all,

This has probably been answered before but this thread is huge! Is there any issues paying with an Irish debit card? I've had problems with Revolut in the past so not sure if it's worth the hassle for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

This has probably been answered before but this thread is huge! Is there any issues paying with an Irish debit card? I've had problems with Revolut in the past so not sure if it's worth the hassle for me.

You can pay with any card.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It appears Revolut can cause issues but keep trying. I use my regular card and never had an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

I use my Irish card but get a text message every month without fail from bank of Ireland saying it’s a suspicious transaction and my card is on hold until I text back confirming it’s ok to charge

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

TheDriver wrote: »
    It appears Revolut can cause issues but keep trying. I use my regular card and never had an issue.

It's not specific issues with Netflix and Revolut; I just had issues in general getting Revolut set up back when I first tried it. I'll go with my regular bank card and see what sort of price it works out at! Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭5star02707

Turkish Lira has great conversion today, Eur 1 = TRY 6.90

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I topped up another lot of TRY for 3 months, the rate is getting close to €4.00 for my 2 screen HD plan

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I must be doing something wrong. I got an email asking to update payment details. I logged in to Turkey via HOLA VPN, updated my payment details and was charged €13. It wouldnt give me an option of changing plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Anyone using Nordvpn? Tried on Turkey server 20 and a few others but Netflix keeps thinking I'm in Washington in the US?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Did you clear cookies first ?

I didnt as did it on my phone! Never thought of incognito!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

Anyone using Nordvpn? Tried on Turkey server 20 and a few others but Netflix keeps thinking I'm in Washington in the US?

Having the same problem. Presume you didn’t get this working? I guess Netflix have blocked their IP range and just assume all Nord connections are from the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Serbian wrote: »
    Having the same problem. Presume you didn’t get this working? I guess Netflix have blocked their IP range and just assume all Nord connections are from the USA.

Yeah I had the same problem, I used hola vpn for turkey and incognito mode and it worked then no problem.

mixed up wrote: »
    Yeah I had the same problem, I used hola vpn for turkey and incognito mode and it worked then no problem.

Did the same in the end. Didn’t realise they had a mobile app initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

Ok so Im using Hola and signed up to Turkey Netflix, but after putting on revolut card details in, Netflix wants to verify my account by texting me.. didnt work with my 35386 number. Anyone come across this?

• Advertisement

ando wrote: »
    Ok so Im using Hola and signed up to Turkey Netflix, but after putting on revolut card details in, Netflix wants to verify my account by texting me.. didnt work with my 35386 number. Anyone come across this?

Can’t find the exact post right now but I seem to remember someone saying that you can just turn off the VPN to verify your number, then turn it back on when you are looking to sub

Advertisement