Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Taylor-made CVPL Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Hands up anyone who checked Amazon just it case there really was a bird book with a name anything like "Shags, Tits and Swallows" :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Caegan wrote: »
    Your move, flat Earthers

Distortion caused by wide angle lenses? :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Hands up anyone who checked Amazon just it case there really was a bird book with a name anything like "Shags, Tits and Swallows" :o

Check with the RSPB. :D I'm sure they've books on boobies, at least.

New Home wrote: »
    Check with the RSPB. :D I'm sure they've books on boobies, at least.

I believe there are some book collectors that just collect books with titles that might be misconstrued, the older and more ironic the better I believe there is a Victorian book entitled "My single handed fight against self abuse"

Some recent deliberate examples on Amazon

Mary Has a Little Pussy

Brenda's Beaver Needs a Barber

I believe there are some book collectors that just collect books with titles that might be misconstrued, the older and more ironic the better I believe there is a Victorian book entitled "My single handed fight against self abuse"

Mary Has a Little Pussy
    Just read the synopsis for that! :D

Who doesn’t love pussy? They are so fluffy, cute and fun to play with! This book of inappropriate prose will leave you laughing and you’ll have no choice but to show it to your friends and family.This hilarious children’s book for adults is a perfect gift for all occasions – baby showers, birthday parties, wedding gifts.You should probably exercise some discretion while reading to the kids but they’ll have no clue as to why you’re turning blue with laughter!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 39,061 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mary Has a Little Pussy

Brenda's Beaver Needs a Barber

Neither of those titles are misconstrued.
    They appeared to say exactly what intended. There's a whole series by the looks of things, from Reach Around Books

Mellor wrote: »
    Neither of those titles are misconstrued.
    They appeared to say exactly what intended. There's a whole series by the looks of things, from Reach Around Books

Exactly what I meant when I said "deliberate examples"

Others like the Pooh Cookbook, Bondage for Scouts and Penetrating Wagner’s Ring, all real, would not be deliberate.

Bootup wrote: »
    wr75ObG.jpg

90cm too long! :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

There actually is such a thing as a zero-km race btw.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

idRmjJqg.jpg
    I know it's the spice girls but what's the joke?

See the caption - "My new spice rack"

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

cdeb wrote: »
    See the caption - "My new spice rack"
    Ok thanks. There's no caption on the touch site, hence my question.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

90cm too long! :P
    *faints*

wins when arm lands on the line

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

If posts like this keep appearing, as they have been very recently, I'm just going to have to unfollow the YLYL thread. Which would be a great shame for me.

If posts like this keep appearing, as they have been very recently, I'm just going to have to unfollow the YLYL thread. Which would be a great shame for me.

Don't even have to look what "this" is to know what you are on about and to totally agree think I have reported the last three posts by that particular poster and I get the impression I'm not the only one or that this is anything new.

Just report the post.

It's what I did, and it's been actioned.

What more can you ask for?

Just report the post.

It's what I did, and it's been actioned.

What more can you ask for?

I could ask for more but it might be considered backseat modding. So I won't. Suffice to say, there's an unpleasant pattern.

But just keep reporting the post, and if there's an unpleasant pattern (and I don't disagree with you), the mods will deal with it.

No need to either unfollow the thread, or tell us all that you're going to unfollow it.

But just keep reporting the post, and if there's an unpleasant pattern (and I don't disagree with you), the mods will deal with it.

No need to either unfollow the thread, or tell us all that you're going to unfollow it.

Is this not the CVPL chat thread?

• Advertisement

It is. And here we are, chatting.

But it sounds like you want action taken, so I'm suggesting it would be better if you just report the posts.

It is. And here we are, chatting.

But it sounds like you want action taken, so I'm suggesting it would be better if you just report the posts.

Sure. And I think coming on here to talk about repetitive and inappropriate posting is also pertinent.

Mod: Chatting about it takes longer than reporting the post. :) Other than that, if you want to discuss generally about a post, fire away, but if you want to discuss a Mod's decision please contact us via PM.

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    https://i.chzbgr.com/full/9494045952/h5217BBF5/cat

When for a split-second, you don't realise that it's the cat's tail wrapping around her arm......

......it means you don't have a cat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

New Home wrote: »
    ......it means you don't have a cat. :)

Factually accurate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

GXTeJnr.png

Mod: It's a spoof, thankfully. Moving it back to YLYL.
    That has to be from WWN or The Onion.

I really hope it is, but nothing would surprise me any more.

Whoops wrong thread. Ah its gotta be fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,276 ✭✭✭✭Victor

GXTeJnr.png

Truth can be stranger than fiction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOVE#1985_bombing - police dropped a bomb on a house and 11 people died and 65 houses destroyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

That has to be from WWN or The Onion.
    Babylon Bee seems to be the one making the most headlines since the start of the year.
    https://babylonbee.com/news/powerful-protesters-spell-out-love-with-burning-homes-and-businesses

Advertisement