Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dry and much brighter than recent days in South Mayo !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,852 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Another dry morning in Dublin 5, cloudier and cooler than you would want this time of year but once it’s dry I can live with it

Some of us just get disappointed with the lack of warm temperatures and sunshine in June/July/August as you kind of wait all year for it and it nearly always lets you down. You're lucky that it doesn't bother you, wrecks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Doesn’t bother me as much because we had 3 months of lovely weather before. I am thankful for that amazing weather we got and to be honest July and August could still end up nice.
    Some of us just get disappointed with the lack of warm temperatures and sunshine in June/July/August as you kind of wait all year for it and it nearly always lets you down. You're lucky that it doesn't bother you, wrecks my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Doesn’t bother me as much because we had 3 months of lovely weather before. I am thankful for that amazing weather we got and to be honest July and August could still end up nice.

Just remember, not all of us got that weather. Rainfall in spring in Cork was pretty much bang on average and rainfall year to date is ahead of the long term mean.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ground is finally starting to look a bit dryer here in Meath but still some dampness around. Still no sign of the sun, but it's certainly not as bad as the weather we had throughout the weekend and yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well at least its dry today+ thankfully no wind!

Still very cloudy + not warm but ill take it after what we gave had for last three days

appledrop wrote: »
    Well at least its dry today+ thankfully no wind!

Still very cloudy + not warm but ill take it after what we gave had for last three days

Oh yeah, hadn't occurred to me there was no wind. Shall make for a pleasant jog this evening. Wind just makes everything worse!

I was looking forward to sitting outside for my lunch but now its raining.

Ffs what type of summer weather is this.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Dry and much brighter than recent days in South Mayo !

It’s quite pleasant out now. Little bit of warmth even

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just saw that video clip of a torrent in the boglands!

https://twitter.com/FrankFeighan/status/1277915889564778500?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

These were the temperatures at select stations two years ago.

518324.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭pauldry

I'd rather be dry but at least I'm alive

Cloudy today with just a couple of mils rain in the morning.

Even though it's going to rain in the Northwest on 90 per cent of the rest of the days in the Summer hopefully it will be in short bursts and not arctic biting wind and sideways rain like the past 100 hours

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

pauldry wrote: »
    I'd rather be dry but at least I'm alive

Cloudy today with just a couple of mils rain in the morning.

Even though it's going to rain in the Northwest on 90 per cent of the rest of the days in the Summer hopefully it will be in short bursts and not arctic biting wind and sideways rain like the past 100 hours

I think we reached rock bottom last weekend when it comes to summer weather. Despite a slight threat of some cool and windy weather this Sunday, this weekend should not be anywhere nearly as bleak as the weekend just gone which was an absolute write-off across most of the country. This Saturday could turn out to be pleasantly warm. With a bit of luck Sunday's low will stay more to our north rather than moving down through the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Gonzo wrote: »
    I think we reached rock bottom last weekend when it comes to summer weather.

Yes, with four days of rain, in some parts of the country, next weekend could only be an improvement.

Just saw that video clip of a torrent in the boglands!

https://twitter.com/FrankFeighan/status/1277915889564778500?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

You can thank plantation forestry for that, we need natural forests

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

I was walking along a beach today. I had the beach to myself due to the weather. I do enjoy walking on a beach no matter the weather - well, maybe not in storm force 10 winds :D

Wimp. :p

Last time I experienced a full storm 10 was on the cliffs of Clifden. An experience.. yet, didn't seem to be as 'felt' as a full gale 8 or 9 would when experienced inland.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Wet evening with 9.8 mm recorded,gone over 105mm for the month now

I've just posted my July prediction on weather forum.

I've gone for depressing guesses of lower than average temperatures + higher rainfall.

I hope I'll be totally wrong! My June estimates were way too positive so I've learned my lesson!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Played a match tonight was like something out of March or October. Wet greasy ball. Dark skies intermittent rain and quite chilly. June has been a horrible month 3 proper nice days the earn mix of mediocre to brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Walked the dog out there now and it's a perfect evening. Completely still, dry, cloudy, but not feeling cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Wet day in cork city along with some bright spells. Was drizzling for most of the morning/afternoon but then became dry in the evening. Misting again though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

A miserable dark wet night to end the month here, briefly stopped raining from mid afternoon to around 7pm but its been pissing down again ever since

• Registered Users Posts: 33,109 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A beautiful morning to start the day in the far North.

Hopefully it stays like this all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Gray and overcast... North Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭eon1208

Went out for a light run in North East Laois. Slate grey skies as far as the eye can see along with incessant light rain. Not cold but damp and dull. Where is the AZORES...

Manky dark drizzly horrible dog of a day in Dublin. At least there's no wind. Happy July everyone!

Lashing rain here North County Dublin.

All I can say is at least it was forecast + thank god I'm not on annual leave during this horrible spell of weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Wet, dull, dark. Meath.
    Is thisrain to keep up until evening or can we expect clear conditions by evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

A dark wet miserable start to July. I think we have no choice but to write off "summer" 2020. At least the early lockdown weather was pleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭pauldry

Can we reimpose lockdown to fix the weather?

This month will be a total write off I'd say bar an odd day here and there and hot weather near the end

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement