Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

Couple of questions guys before I bite the bullet

Is the content different on the Turkish version compared to the Irish one?

Is it worth paying the extra to get the UHD 4 screen plan??
    U get normal content

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I set up a new virtual card in Revolut and will use that to pay for it. I will set up a monthly limit of around €6 on that card so there can't be any funny business with it. The Turkish 2 screen option is less than a fiver a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭cletus

Wheety wrote: »
    I set up a new virtual card in Revolut and will use that to pay for it. I will set up a monthly limit of around €6 on that card so there can't be any funny business with it. The Turkish 2 screen option is less than a fiver a month.

I wouldn't bother setting the limit, I've been using it for maybe 2 years now, no issues. Plus, if you're like me, its handy for buying random crap on eBay or any of the many Chinese sites :D

cletus wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother setting the limit, I've been using it for maybe 2 years now, no issues. Plus, if you're like me, its handy for buying random crap on eBay or any of the many Chinese sites :D

I'll just use it for Netflix only. Have other Revolut cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

What funny business could there be
    I’ve been using Revolut for ages without any issues

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    What funny business could there be
    I’ve been using Revolut for ages without any issues

I've had it a long time too. No issues at all with Revolut.

Hola might not be as secure though and I'll be inputting my details through that.

It's one of the benefits of Revolut. You can have several virtual cards.

Plus it's a different card number for getting the free month again. If bothered you could keep getting the free month.

Signed up on the Turkish one just now. Used a different email address and credit card so starting again. No recommendations based on what I've watched but I don't usually find something that way anyway.

It possibly would have been fine using the same account details.

I'm on the 2 screen plan as I don't have a 4k tv and it's just me and the wife anyway. On current rates it's around €4.50 but have a free month now.

Was contemplating the 1 screen plan which was only around €2.50 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Lads does turkey support 5 devices ?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

. Can get family plan with 5 accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

The Turkish currency has taken a nosedive apparently.will this make it cheaper or dearer for those of us who live :);) and watch Netflix in Turkey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Netflix doesn't care that we are buying through turkey as they pay less tax on the income earned there than they would on income earned in ireland /UK.

The Turkish currency has taken a nosedive apparently.will this make it cheaper or dearer for those of us who live and watch Netflix in Turkey?

Paid 6 eur for a month

Just an FYI, I just received an an email saying "We have recently failed to validate payment information, we are aware of their own, Thus, we must ask you to complete a short validation process in order to verify your billing and payment."

As you can see from the poor English, it's just spam. I know some people said they received an email mentioning payment method. Just be careful folks. Sometimes coincidences like this can have people drop their guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Just an FYI, I just received an an email saying "We have recently failed to validate payment information, we are aware of their own, Thus, we must ask you to complete a short validation process in order to verify your billing and payment."

As you can see from the poor English, it's just spam. I know some people said they received an email mentioning payment method. Just be careful folks. Sometimes coincidences like this can have people drop their guard.
    I get these on a weekly basis. I'd only take any note if Netflix stopped working on renewal day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The Turkish currency has taken a nosedive apparently.will this make it cheaper or dearer for those of us who live :);) and watch Netflix in Turkey?

Just cancelled from Mexico as due to renew on Wednesday and will be doing it from Turkey add a result of this. Premium plan costing about €5.10 at current rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Is there a way to switch to another country (around the monthly renewal) without losing the viewing history on your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Is there a way to switch to another country (around the monthly renewal) without losing the viewing history on your account?

As long as you re-subscribe within 10 months, you keep your viewing history, profiles etc as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Any way of paying for a year in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭WanderlustIre

So I take it nobody, sets up , cancels then when close to billing date then sets up again. Cheapest way I can find 😜😜😜

So I take it nobody, sets up , cancels then when close to billing date then sets up again. Cheapest way I can find ������

You mean continuously get the free month trial?

It's possible but I couldn't be arsed. Will you use a different email each time or the same?

• Advertisement

You mean continuously get the free month trial?

It's possible but I couldn't be arsed. Will you use a different email each time or the same?

Yeah I've done it for a long time maybe a year or more hahaha cheap I know. I use the same address.

Yeah I've done it for a long time maybe a year or more hahaha cheap I know. I use the same address.

Different country each time?

Different country each time?

Back and forth I use a VPN on me phone when setting up

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Back and forth I use a VPN on me phone when setting up

Same email address with virtual card?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

Good advice, complacency can happen

I did it for 3-4 months and finally subscribed using turkey(sharing with 4 folks) as its not worth hassle every month..u also lose ur history and profile build up...

4k in turkey is only around €5.30 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

4k in turkey is only around €5.30 now.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2018/0814/984960-turkish-lira-edges-up-from-record-low/

The lira, which closed at 6.9 per dollar yesterday, has weakened 45% this year, hit by worries over President Tayyip Erdogan's calls for lower interest rates and worsening ties with the United States.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Hey Guys,

Just a heads up on cheap netflix, not sure if this is posted already.

Connect with a Turkish IP address (Use a VPN or Hola) sign up and get billed in Turkish Lira, currently the best deal, next cheapest is Mexican Pesos:

Base (SD):
    Turkey 2.00 € / 15.99TRY Mexico 5.05 € / MXN109 - 1 Device
    Standard (HD): - Turkey 3.51 € / 27.99TRY Mexico 6.90 € / MXN149 - 2 Devices
    Premium (UHD): Turkey 5.01 € / 39.99TRY Mexico 9.22 € / MXN199 - 4 devices

Instructions for existing customers:
    1. Cancel the existing subscription and wait for it to expire.
    2. Join a VPN to Turkey / Mexico / Canada.
    3. Log in with the account and click reactivate subscription.

Make sure when you see the amount on the Netflix page it in TRY or MXN.

After you've done that then just disconnect from Hola/VPN whatever and it will revert back to Ireland. Continue watching as normal but your billing will continue in that currency.

5 euros a month for the UHD Subscription is a pretty good deal :) of course if the Lira recovers then Pesos might be a better deal (the free trial period is included as well of course)

Combine it with your Revolut or N26 Card for best results :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Good deal alright OP but there's already a long running thread about this and other alternative countries here

Advertisement