Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ultimate Football Crest Tournament: Europe vs Rest of the World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

We arent voting for the goat, we are voting for the crest.

We arent voting for previous crests, we are voting for current ones.

Everyone vote however they wish, but if you need to try muddy the waters so much with the above, instead of talking about the crest alone, you are losing the moral battle. This is not the Marshall Islands of this tournament. Koln is a juggernaut of football compared to Changmai. They are as common as muck in recognition stakes.

You are trying to build up the crest by bringing in all this extraneous stuff. Circus goats? Like come on thats not relevant.

I vote for Changmai.

Its the better crest. The design is crisp and unique. Colour choices are excellent. Its not a giant gimmick. Its new, but why is that a crime. You think because the Koln one was redesigned as well detracts from it? No. Well Changmai being new shouldnt either.

We are voting for best crest not best real life goat. Changmai is the best crest. It looks best on a jersey, looks best online and looks best in this tournament.

Shoutout to the icon of the mountains & crops elegantly displayed in the crest too.

Its a stomper of a crest, its really well judged and if you look at these two crests from a design point of view and not a gimmick point of view, you know Changmai is a good vote.

Chiangmai_United_logo_2019.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Koln

Goats > Elephants.

And everything Skylinehead said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Changmai ftw.

It's just epic.

Great punchy imagery,great mascot.

Great place too actually.

Red and black background.

It's the outright winner imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I'm genuinely on the fence but kudos to Skyline and Baggly for their fine arguments :D

Unless Baggly changes his avatar to the Chiangmai crest though, the commitment isn't really there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Baggly wrote: »
    We arent voting for the goat, we are voting for the crest.

The words of a man who knows his team doesn't have an actual elephant, members of the court.

And where's your Guinness World Record? Thought not!

• Advertisement

The words of a man who knows his team doesn't have an actual elephant, members of the court.

And where's your Guinness World Record? Thought not!

More things that ARENT DISCUSSING THE CLUB CREST.

Whats the matter Skyline, afraid you cant win if you dont talk about everything that isnt the crest?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

My boy is up against it here, but an easy vote for me. Hennes is cool, but the crest isn't. Its a big goat on a small cathedral.

Chiangmai ticks the style boxes - colour, shape, an angry elephant, all combining into a magnificent whole. The crest says "we mean business", not "we're so quirky". Elephants are vehicles of war going back to roman times. Hannibal used them, the Indians used them to hunt tigers.

Goats are good against trolls, and thats it. Who needs a trollbuster these days? There are no more trolls outside of internet forums.

Pachyderm of Chiangmai, you have my vote, you have my love

I'm genuinely on the fence but kudos to Skyline and Baggly for their fine arguments :D

Unless Baggly changes his avatar to the Chiangmai crest though, the commitment isn't really there ;)

Done and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hi Omack. Take a vote from me for Chiangmai please. Its a mean looking beast filling the circle perfectly. I like the black and white too.

Go elephants!

Vote counted for alchemist33 for Chiangmai United

More things that ARENT DISCUSSING THE CLUB CREST.

Whats the matter Skyline, afraid you cant win if you dont talk about everything that isnt the crest?

U9WJJeN.jpg

How is that not the crest? A crest with an achievement, remarkable.

Elephant clearly has no story, so you go with the argument that it's not relevant. Symbolism is very relevant.
    Done and done.

Copycat :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

FC Koln because I nominated it and it has went unbeaten throughout the tournament. A back door win for Changmai would devalue the tournament.

Also the Goat is the GOAT. I mainly love the goat.

U9WJJeN.jpg

How is that not the crest? A crest with an achievement, remarkable.

Copycat :pac:

The dam has the achievement. If you put an image of anything on the dam it would be the biggest anything on a dam. More flash harry distraction tactics thats all.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Hi Omack. Take a vote from me for Chiangmai please. Its a mean looking beast filling the circle perfectly. I like the black and white too.

Go elephants![/QUOTE

Vote counted for alchemist33 for Chiangmai United

Don't count me twice now!

The dam has the achievement. If you put an image of anything on the dam it would be the biggest anything on a dam. More flash harry distraction tactics thats all.

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

She doesn't. Koln's crest has the record, not anything else.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Chiang Mai United

A crest so good it convinced me to part with some hard earned cash and buy the jersey of a team from Thailand.

No randy goat crest would ever do that.

Also Chiang Mai is awesome. And Koln is average at best. You don't hear talk of backpackers going to Koln to see goats, you definitely hear of backpackers going to Chiang Mai to see elephants.

Thus the association is much greater, thus the crest is greater.

Elephant for the win!!!

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

She doesn't. Koln's crest has the record, not anything else.

If my aunt had a world record, she would still just be my aunt. It wouldnt make her a better aunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,688 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Done and done.

Vote Chiangmai United!

Because I goaded (or should that be goated) Baggly into changing his avatar :p

If my aunt had a world record, she would still just be my aunt. It wouldnt make her a better aunt.

Jealousy!

An elephant is a magnificent creature of war, and parading one about a football pitch would be beneath its dignity. Goats are a dime a dozen, often found in petting zoos, and produce cheese. Saying "look at my magnificent goat" is akin to pulling a beautiful woman with your Honda 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Baggly and Skylinehead doing some unreal canvassing with their profile pics/avatars. The Mackdaddy sees you and approves.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Skylinehead got my Juarez vote excluded in the semis so inclined to go Changmai to get revenge although I have a history of disagreeing with Bagglys choices.

Hmmm what to choose?

That history is ancient history. We agreed on Juarez, we can agree here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That history is ancient history. We agreed on Juarez, we can agree here.

Did you vote for or against CSKA Moscow?

Against

Against

Oh dear

I vote for Koln. Goat shagging a church - what's not to like?

I respect your choice but it's hasty given you didn't ask skyline the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Changmai - voting for this and not just because i nominated it, i find it very unique and a beautiful crest, which has inspired people to use it as an avatar and even buy the jersey(the jersey is amazing too and i'm considering getting it myself) It has eliminated some of the greatest crests ever to get to the final, including Valencia and Roma, please vote for the big beautiful elephant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

wow-that-escalated-quickly.png

I am all aboard team goat. FC Koln

If I absolutely have to make an argument based on the actual crests and not actual livestock, pachyderms and water retention constructions as interesting as that i.

Both teams feature a three colour palette, Black, White, and Red. Koln have opted for a more striking and attention grabbing red than the more subdued crimson of Chiangmai.

Koln have a distinct shape and outline, that breaks the boundaries of typical Shield/Circle/Square shaped crest to establish a uniqueness similar to Inverness Caledonian, Bristol Rovers, and Bambi Football Club amongst others. Chiangmai have opted for the far too common emblem in the middle surrounded by a ring of text on the outside.

And for all of the reasons that Skylinehead mentioned in their Opening Statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Really surprised to see how this is progressing. Chiangmai is class, Koln is grand, ive voted for it a lot but really Chiangmai is brilliant, the jerseys are cracking too. For a new club and crest, they've nailed it. Chiangmai has tonnes of elephant sanctuarys aswell so it represents the city brilliantly.

Chiangmai crest is better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

How in the name of fúck did Koln make the final... THE FINAL NOW? come on outta that. A randy goat riding the crest.

Chiangmai United is my choice. Not my favourite by a long shot either, and somewhat surprised to see it make the final too, but it is what it is I guess. Its a grand bit of a crest now so it is. It'll do me

Advertisement