Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ultimate Football Crest Tournament: Europe vs Rest of the World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Hence why he's Hennes IX. The concept lives on.

Monarchy. That's your answer. Because monarchy has gone so well for the World.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Baggly wrote: »
    Monarchy. That's your answer. Because monarchy has gone so well for the World.

Ah but it's not hereditary. Always pick the best man goat for the job. Hennes has answers for everything.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

That Köln one hasn't done anything for me all tournament tbh. It's a bit bland. It's a goat on a cathedral - but is that enough at this stage? When up against the glorious and unique colour combo of Juarez?

I've backed them all tournament and I can't change now. Juarez.

Fake horses don't need replacing. They are more than skin and bones. They are an idea. And an idea cannot be destroyed.

The goat is just a corporate shill.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,721 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

2018-08-19_BFC_Dynamo_vs._1._FC_K%C3%B6ln_%28DFB-Pokal%29_by_Sandro_Halank%E2%80%93007.jpg

Vote Koln - it looks better on the shirt
    Still true :pac
    The colour scheme on the Juarez one is too jarring for me. Red and green should never be seen. One of the reasons I hate Christmas so much!
    Still true :pac:

Vote Koln!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

FC Juarez - Mayo could learn a thing or two about the proper use of red and green together to produce something visually stunning, instead of plain blocks of colour that a stunned 3 year old could have drawn. I've seen Cologne cathedral in the flesh, and yes, it's an incredible piece of architecture, but it's pretty monochrome and dull in comparison to the rampant horse of the Mexicans. And don't get me started on the goat and their blatant dishonesty of producing a new one every couple of years. Rumour has it that each incumbent ends up in a goat curry sooner or later. Ask yourselves this - are these the sort of people you want to vote for?

Zaph wrote: »
    Rumour has it that each incumbent ends up in a goat curry sooner or later. Ask yourselves this - are these the sort of people you want to vote for?
    This is the sort of salacious rumours and lies the Juarez cartel are resorting to in order to falsely win this contest of logos.

Fake. News.

You'll hear from Hennes' lawyer.

This is the sort of salacious rumours and lies the Juarez cartel are resorting to in order to falsely win this contest of logos.

Fake. News.

Exactly, classic deflection tactics while they chop their mascot into cheap frozen lasagne

Fake. News.

I think you'll find that Hennes' lawyer views him as less of a meal ticket and more of a meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

I think I've voted for everything the Randy Goat has been up against but he keeps on surviving.

The neon green and red colours of demon horse are not visually appealing. #teamgoat is a unique shape for a logo/crest, not a standard shield/circle/square and is pretty nice now that I'm not viciously opposed to it.

• Advertisement

Exactly, classic deflection tactics while they chop their mascot into cheap frozen lasagne

I'll have you know there's nothing cheap about that las........er, actually, nothing to see here, carry on...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Juarez all the way. The colour scheme works brilliantly and the horse looks like the devil's mount.

The real goat is quite cool, but logo goat does nothing for me

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Köln is utter muck and has no business in the semi finals. It's horribly asymmetric and poorly drawn. Of all the fantastic animals to have featured in the tournament a flipping goat is a joke of a selection.

Juarez is a very silly crest but gloriously so,earning right into the devil-horse-nightclub paradigm that nobody else realised was necessary.

The Mexicans all the way

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Demon horse or goat shagging a cathedral?

Let's go with Juarez. Cool colour scheme

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Demon horse or goat shagging a cathedral?

Let's go with Juarez. Cool colour scheme

Out of time!

Typical tardiness by the horse brigade

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

My god that was a tight affair. Some of the best reasoning on thread yet. But the reasons aren't gonna be needed because...

... with 53% of the vote and advancing to the grand final is Hennes IX and 1.FC Koln

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

FC Juarez - the colour on this crest is brilliant, and i love the angry horse, he is not to be messed with

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Omackeral wrote: »
    My god that was a tight affair. Some of the best reasoning on thread yet. But the reasons aren't gonna be needed because...

... with 53% of the vote and advancing to the grand final is Hennes IX and 1.FC Koln

tenor.gif

Wonderful.

giphy.gif

Out of time!

Typical tardiness by the horse brigade

Literally one minute late. Would have made it a draw. I didn't fancy having to go through that process because both camps made some amazing points. Also, a subsequent vote for Juarez rolled in a few minutes ago too. Koln can consoder fortune to be on their side here! Can it bolster them to a win though?!

• Advertisement

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15055-1375719487-17.gif?output-quality=auto&output-format=auto&downsize=360:*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Omackeral wrote: »
    Literally one minute late.!

Stern but fair

Zaph wrote: »
    19d49b49a63c02baf563c85ed251bbb5e433e8e6af3c140fb4a82dbbe5f2a81e.jpg
    9d644ae7aa630a942da7d1d50ace285a.gif

Our second semi-final sees interestingly sees two crests with languages other than just the Latin alphabet on them, how about that? It's air vs earth here as these two interconfererate teams locks horns...and beaks.
    Krumkachy Minsk (BLR)

NFK_MInsk.png

VS

Chiangmai United (THA)

Chiangmai_United_logo_2019.png

Minsk coz the smug crow looks like a good laugh

Changmai is the best crest left.

Bold colour contrast.

Excellent animal choice with a tie to the region its from.

Changmai all the way.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Chiang Mai United.

Majestic.

Triumphant.

Beautiful.

But enough about myself the crest is just better. :pac:

And did I mention that crow irks me something fierce.

Chiangmai United - the goat must be stopped and I feel that the elephant has a better chance than the raven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Tough one. I think I prefer the simplicity of the Minsk crest to the slightly overly complicated Chiangmai effort.

But saying that I think I prefer the elephant to the raven.

I like elephants, birds keep ****ting on my car.

Chiangmai.

Advertisement