Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ultimate Football Crest Tournament: Europe vs Rest of the World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

The Belarussian Raven.

That 2017 is just tacky.

This is not a tactical vote.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The Belarussian Raven.

That 2017 is just tacky.

This is not a tactical vote.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Krumkachy Minsk

Before this came up I knew I was voting the other way, but seeing the crests together I just prefer the Crow. It's stylised better, the Elephant is a little flat. I almost can't believe I'm saying it myself but I have to follow my gut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Chiangmai United - Its way cooler,the other one is a bit cartoonish, come on elephant you can do this

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Krumkachy The crow is just so badass and it doesn’t even care who knows it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

Chiangmai for me too. Shape, colour, logo...ticking all the boxes. Another man might say that it's elephantastic and that it stomps the competition. Not me though...that would be far too cheesy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Minsk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I've supported the crow til now, but not against one of my favourites. I've developed a liking for prominent black and white, and the elephant fills the circle just to the right dimensions. It looks rightly pissed off too. Chiangmai for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Minsk because the eyes on that elephant make it look a wee bit evil, whereas the raven just looks like he knows what is going and is an alround cool dude.

Chiangmai is just an anagram of China Magi, which is surely proof that external agents are involved.
    Chiangmai United is an anagram of Auditing Machine which is just plain old boring.
    Krumkachy Minsk reforms to Marks Kinky Chum.

C'mon now, do we want an Auditing Machine, or do we want Marks Kinky Chum. #VoteRaven2020

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Again, just a singluar vote sways it. Tighter than a ducks arse as they say. The winner means we will get that lucrative Europe vs Rest of the World Final tomorrow because stomping it's way there.... is none other than the elephantastic Chiangmai United

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Yusssss

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

What time tomorrow, chief? I've got work 'n' stuff. Can I cast an advance vote?

Omackeral wrote: »
    ...lucrative Europe vs Rest of the World Final tomorrow
    an_elephant_with_a_goat_by_mikushka-d5lt2l6.jpg
    At the weigh in

What time tomorrow, chief? I've got work 'n' stuff. Can I cast an advance vote?

Was thinking of throwing it up around lunch time tomorrow. Send via PM if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I picked a bad time to do jobs around the houses, missed both semis and both of my nominations knocked out by the narrowest of margins. :(

Naturally, I’m boycotting the final. Enjoy your poisoned chalice, large goat or poorly drawn elephant.

Ach, I really liked that crow. But, if it was crow v goat I'd have a difficult time choosing. At least this way the final choice will be easy for me.

The Grand Final will be going up at 1pm this afternoon and will run until this evening. Tonight, the Ultimate Football Crest will be crowned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

*Frantically googles facts about preferred crest so the reason is not "Tenous" in the event of a tie breaker*

You literally have to just mention one specific thing about the crest you like. Or one thing about the other you don’t like!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

The Grand Final will be going up at 1pm this afternoon and will run until this evening. Tonight, the Ultimate Football Crest will be crowned.

Missed the semi-finals last night, had to babysit.
    Looking forward to the final now.

• Advertisement

Missed the semi-finals last night, had to babysit.
    Looking forward to the final now.

Should get the kid’s opinions. I had my two nephews over the last day and they loved going through them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Jesus this moved fast

You literally have to just mention one specific thing about the crest you like. Or one thing about the other you don’t like!

You'll be getting far more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Skylinehead.......that’s just.......*slow clap*

This thread has really jumped the Chonburi crest.

Chiangmai United F.C. only adopted that crest this year, previously they had this monstrosity...!

png-clipart-chiang-mai-jl-chiangmai-united-f-c-lamphun-warrior-fc-ayutthaya-united-f-c-chiangmai-f-c-football-emblem-logo.png

Right lads and lassies, this is what it all boils down to. From 128 clubs from all around the globe to two final competitors. It’s Germany vs Thailand, it’s UEFA vs AFC, it’s The Ultimate Football Crest Tournament Final: Europe vs the Rest of the World.

This is a straight shoot out. Most votes wins. Voting will be open from 1pm-6pm. In the event of a tie, there will be an overtime period. If that’s still not enough, it’s best reasons. We are getting a winner one way or another here and it’s you fine folk deciding who it is. So with all that said, let’s get to it. Have a good think about your choice and cast your vote. Here we go...

1.FC Koln (GER)

240px-FC_Cologne_logo.svg.png

Group 21 Winner
    R1 def. Club Tijuana
    R2 def. Kilmarnock
    R3 def. Amiens SC
    QF def. Gandzasar Kapan
    SF def. FC Juarez

vs

Chiangmai United (THA)

Chiangmai_United_logo_2019.png

Group 32 Runner Up
    R1 def. Inverness CT
    R2 def. OGC Nice
    R3 def. Valencia
    QF def. AS Roma
    SF def. Krumkachy Minsk

Easy choice. Koln. I love that goat. Even reading on here about the different generations of real goats that take part is cool. I love the way it's guarding that crest containing the castle. And the black and red and white colour scheme is pleasingly simple and clean.

A vote for Köln, a vote for Hennes IX and the eight wonderful goats that preceded him.

I've already been over this in detail, but here's a summary.

Köln have a goat, Hennes, as a real-life goatification of their logo. Hennes I was donated to the club from a circus, and the noble tradition continues on. The incumbent is Hennes IX, who has a mighty goat beard.

IM0vqRl.png

Here he is enjoying a meal. Mid game, because he's awesome.

RWBdx1d.jpg

His predecessor, Hennes VIII, escaped onto the pitch in 2014. Hilarity ensues. He's still alive btw, just retired. The club has generous pension entitlements for their goats.

8VH9PGz.jpg

If an elephant were to do the same, mass casualties ensue. You don't want that.

The towers are Cologne Cathedral, a big dark behemoth of a thing that stands out hugely.

FJ7MygU.jpg

Very distinctive and striking. The goat, Hennes, leaning against the cathedral, Cologne Cathedral. The logo is just swimming in deep symbolism.

Here it is projected onto Hoover Dam of all places. May I note that this very picture depicts a GUINNESS WORLD RECORD for the largest projection ever made. Does Chiangmai have that? Of course not.

U9WJJeN.jpg

Should be on Mount Rushmore tbh. Glorious.

As a short note, the font is better than the competition too. It's punchy and to the point.

As for Chiangmai, bah. As stated, the 2017 is pretentious and incorrect, as Thai dates don't work like that. It's 2563 there, not 2020. Truly a sellout logo for Western audiences.

Also they don't even know when they were founded.

x1jq55c.png

Sort it out.

Can barely read the font. Not a good look.

The elephant is somewhat cool, but they're scared of mice. What will it do when confronted with a mighty goat?

Even more points dropped for mixing languages. Stick to one ffs. Inconsistency cannot be tolerated. To further this point, that crest isn't even 6 months old. Köln don't feel the need to advertise such crap, they're confident in themselves.

Chiangmai cannot be trusted. They didn't even win their group, and we expect this to be a winner?

I implore the Forum Game Tournaments community to vote for 1. FC Köln. A vote for Hennes, a vote for goat supremacy. The Marshall Islands of football. The GOAT of logos.

7yEUEdC.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Koln

a goat that was abandonned and rose to stardom, a fantastic cathedral and a striking shade of red. Koln have won the league with this crest and it is iconinc

changmai pales in comparison as a generic pro evo style crest, a poor poor crest that has been tactically voted to the final

Hennes Uber Alles

vote KOLN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Basically, what skylinehead said but in abbreviated form.

1FC Koln. It's the GOAT.

Advertisement