Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 770 Internet Tablet - €134.46 [Expansys.ie]

Options
  • 30-06-2007 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Spotted this listed as a bargain on the UK version of Expansys on HotUKDeals.com and it's a similar price on Expansys.ie so here's the link and here's a nice in-depth review of the item at hand

770-Image_0135.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Thats a Good price... sweet little gadget. Might pick one up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

That looks great........ might pick one up.......

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

ordered one this morning...thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

nice little gadget
    anyone know if msn and skype will ever be available for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just ordered one. Thanks a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

these came out in 2005 so I'd put some research into them before splashing out. Its something you'd stop using after a few weeks. They dont have the power to play normal sized xvids etc after some googling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

There is a new model out (the 800, I think), but the 770 had a OS update in 2006, which is available online.

Would be more than fine for checking your emails without getting out of bed....

Thinking about getting one anyway. Looking to use mine as a GPS unit.

Thanks OP.

EDIT: And the 700 is still selling on Nokia Webstore for €359!!!!

http://direct.nokia.com/Product.aspx?model=770

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I saw this a while ago and something tells me that they are noe going to get more in stock. Anyone know the price for delivery on Expansys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

yep there were meant to be in stock in 5 days, then 6 days and now its 13th of July for something that isnt manufactured anymore. I'd ring them on Monday to see what the story is.

Well if Nokia are still selling them, there must be stock around.

The price the OP posted is inclusive of P&P and VAT, which is €16 odd for DHL 1-2 day service.

Anyone ordering through a company (claiming VAT back), its under a ton.

Anyway, Expansys are a 'charge when we ship' company, so if they don't get any more, then you won't be charged.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

fdevine wrote:

Thinking about getting one anyway. Looking to use mine as a GPS unit.

Is this possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

http://tabletblog.com/2006/02/howto-bluetooth-gps-and-gpsdrive-on.html
    http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS2397078895.html
    There's a load of sites with hacks for the 770... Tonne of stuff u can do with it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Very tempted by this.

I wonder if they restock them will they raise the price if you haven't ordered one...?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

man i'd love to get one of these, for lazying about and checking email etc.

but if you look at the videos they have on expansys there's a guy showing himself loading up flickr on it. he clicks a book mark of his and not joking after about 10 seconds the web browser opens then flickr comes after another 5 seconds (know this bit will depend on connection) but looking at this just reminds me of the nokia 6600 i had which took an enternity to open even just the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

hope they get them in. would make a great ebook reader!
    cheers for the heads up basquille!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

yeah nice one, but just wondering why is there such a price difference between the 700 and 800? what additional features has the 800 got ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Gonna buy one as soon as they come back in, thanks for the heads up!

Doesn't look good this morning... site now says:
    Availability: Due Saturday 14th July. (Yesterday was Friday 13th July).
    So as previously mentioned, it does look like the site bumps it up a day each day. Obviously an automatic thing.
    Anyway not good.
    They should just say "discontinued", as they do with other products, if they are not available.

Yeah that doesn't sound promising.

I see you can pick one of on eBay for about €150 all in.
    Just wondering if a US unit would cause any problems here, other than the obvious power supply issue. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Kane

Cheers for the heads up - I ordered one at the weekend.

This looks like a better deal - Nokia 770 + 1GB RS-MMC Card for 4Euro more:
    http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=142406

But it says : "Availability: Ordered on request"

Why have a side panel (right side) with the offer then? Doesn't make sense.. U can see 770 offer on right hand side from the home page..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Ordered one too

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

It doesn't look good. The date is moved up to Saturday 14th.

Had ordered one last night - just cancelled it.

Still gonna get one, but I reckon I'll try my luck with an eBayer.

But it works out at over 150 Euro if you buy it form the Ebayer. Plus there is Import Tax on top of that. If you look here http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Travel-Charger-Nokia-3155i/dp/B000EE44L8 It says this charger works with the 770 so if you have a new Nokia phone the charger for it might work.

I called Expansys and got a pretty unhelpful git who said that they were indeed coming in though it sounded like he was looking at the same webpage I was. If anyone else has time or inclination, would they mind calling Expansys 01 631 9119 to see if this is dead in the water or not?

Just refreshed the expansys page in my browser and it says: Availability: Due Wednesday 25th July !

update; called back and got a much more helpful person who assured me they were definitely getting them back in stock. lets wait and see...

Dman001 wrote:
    But it works out at over 150 Euro if you buy it form the Ebayer. Plus there is Import Tax on top of that. If you look here http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Travel-Charger-Nokia-3155i/dp/B000EE44L8 It says this charger works with the 770 so if you have a new Nokia phone the charger for it might work.
    I just used a buy it now for €133 (inc post) from another vendor I found. Might get stung for tax, might not. You're right about the charger - been looking at it and the one from my 6300 should do the job.

By the looks of it they ain't coming from Expansys any time soon anyhow! Pity because that 1GB card offer was the biz.

Spotted this on some 'Irish' online phone retailer website for over €400, so I don't care of the order takes a month or two from Expansys......for under €140 I'm prepared to wait.

Also emailed them to see can I add the 1Gb card at the bundle price.

• Advertisement

I was browsing last night and after midnight the date went up to Thurs 26th. I laughed... obviously a date driven automation. however this morning its back at 25th.. maybe indicating manual intervention. Either way 'tis a bit dodgy. Still as above said its good price for what it is so the wait will be worth it if they do indeed come in.

Advertisement