Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spontanious Purchases now gathering dust !

Options
  • 17-01-2016 11:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

George Forman grill. 3tier steamer and a ''must have'' Foot Spa. Now either under the sink, top of press, or in the shed. I bought a Bullworker once too

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Box of condoms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Hoover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Bamboo Drawing Pad. I thought I was going to be an artist for a while. :pac:

A leather jacket.

Lots of books that turned out to be rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Easca Peasca

Pellet gun, at 16 I thought the possibilities were endless :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 121 Gigawatts!?

Exercise bike, its just sitting there taunting me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Vibroplate,use it as a clothes hanger.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Pretty good at making use of my purchases now that I think of it.

Sorry for the boring answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Don't really do spontaneous purchases, have to do the research first!

Right now I want an iPad Pro or a Surface Pro 4, might take a couple of months to decide. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Numerous items of clothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

A slow cooker. Underestimated the size of the bloody thing so only used it once and then packed it back in its box and stuck it under the stairs.
    On the positive side, the cats like sitting on the box

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Wife

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Rice cooker. So pointless. Unless I'm cooking rice for about 6 people. There are 2 of us in the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Corpus Twisty

Almost everything ever "snapped up" by me from the middle aisles of Lidl or Aldi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

chillin117 wrote: »
    George Forman grill. 3tier steamer and a ''must have'' Foot Spa. Now either under the sink, top of press, or in the shed. I bought a Bullworker once too

I hadn't heard of a Bullworker in years. My dad bought one back in the 80's.

A real blast from the past. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Lads, adverts is the way forward.

I had a load of stuff, like old consoles , games, bike and other bits that I thought I'd use sometime when really there wasn't a hope.

Every year you hold onto something useless it's worth less.

So just get rid and let someone else do nothing with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

DVDs, or as I call them, back up discs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

eeguy wrote: »

I had a load of stuff, like old consoles , games, bike and other bits that I thought I'd use sometime when really there wasn't a hope.

Thanks Buddha. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Turbo trainer for the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

A JML GoChef.

Saw it on one of those late night infomercials and HAD to have it. Got it home and used it three times before shoving it in a cupboard.

Waste of 50 quid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

eeguy wrote: »

Offer this piece of bailing twine and an empty shampoo bottle for your iPhone 6s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Nutri-Bullet yoke. The one single solitary reason I purchased it is 'cos it just HAD to be going at a great price when I stumbled across it on one of those Deals Pages. :rolleyes::rolleyes: I knew full well I'd never use it like. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Colser wrote: »
    Vibroplate,use it as a clothes hanger.:(

So, uhh, Colser.....about that vibroplate...how strong are the vibrations...and umm, can I have it? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Exercise bike, its just sitting there taunting me.

My OH is threatening to get rid of my exercise bike if I don't use it so I'll have to dust it off and give it a go :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Exercise bike (used a coat hanger)

Wireless Dr Dre beat headphones ( kept slipping off my head and fell breaking the plastic on the headpiece, so I stopped using them and is in the spare wardrobe now ). Shiver when I think how much I payed for them

Foot spa- seemed like a good idea at the time but used it twice since I bought it 2 years ago

I'm getting a vr headset for my phone soon so I have a feeling that may attract dust when the novelty wears off lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Anything from JML. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

chillin117 wrote: »

Get the George Foreman out again, head down to Lidl and pick up a few packs of their streaky rashers (smoked are the best)
    Ole George removes all the yucky greasy fatty guilt while simultaneously leaving behind heavenly,delicious, crispy, rasher goodness.
    Sunday mornings will never be the same.

In answer to the op, I have a Halogen oven that has cooked a single chicken fillet in it's entire working life (2 years).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Deep fat fryer, juicer, bread maker (make the odd loaf). Tesco own brand hoover, was crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

A set of weights. I did about nine reps of a certain exercise with a barbell the day I got it and literally haven't lifted it since.

The Rocky boxset. It was only on the way home from town that I realised I had absolutely no desire to watch any of them. I'll bring it back one day.

A drill. You know in like Bond films when the villain threatens to drill somebody's head? They couldn't do that with my drill, a wonderful €25 job from Woodies. The yoke spins in slow motion. Bond would laugh his hole off if somebody put it to his head and started drilling. Fully charged and all but it doesn't penetrate much. I'll bring it back one day.

I'm not a very intelligent consumer :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

A JML GoChef.

Saw it on one of those late night infomercials and HAD to have it. Got it home and used it three times before shoving it in a cupboard.

Waste of 50 quid :(

I had looked at one of those....are they rubbish?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Smidge wrote: »
    I had looked at one of those....are they rubbish?

No, you need it in your life. NOW!!!

Dial 1800-SUCKER.

Advertisement