Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spontanious Purchases now gathering dust !

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Chocolate fondue set - who the hell needs to meet loads of chocolate and waste half of it.
    Ice cream maker - the whole point of ice cream is that you want to eat it NOW not in 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Pair of fake arms. I bought them because they reminded me so much of my own arms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 121 Gigawatts!?

Medusa22 wrote: »
    My OH is threatening to get rid of my exercise bike if I don't use it so I'll have to dust it off and give it a go :(

Mine has a really uncomfortable seat, so after a few mins your bum gets really sore. It doesnt want me to use it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Pair of fake arms. I bought them because they reminded me so much of my own arms.

you need to arrange a game of senior priests footie, then they might become useful again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Frynge wrote: »
    Hoover.

Yeah, I sold mine too it was only gathering dust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Hammer89 wrote: »
    A set of weights. I did about nine reps of a certain exercise with a barbell the day I got it and literally haven't lifted it since.

The Rocky boxset. It was only on the way home from town that I realised I had absolutely no desire to watch any of them. I'll bring it back one day.

A drill. You know in like Bond films when the villain threatens to drill somebody's head? They couldn't do that with my drill, a wonderful €25 job from Woodies. The yoke spins in slow motion. Bond would laugh his hole off if somebody put it to his head and started drilling. Fully charged and all but it doesn't penetrate much. I'll bring it back one day.

I'm not a very intelligent consumer :o

...but you won't and we all know you won't and what's more YOU know you won't either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

George Foreman Grill
    Slow Cooker (tried once, result was gack, gave up. also too big for the 2 of us, so a massive pot of gack)
    SNES & Amiga
    My 3rd Bike - Bike to work scheme; through my own messing, ended up with a frame that's too big for me. Can't/won't cycle it but still love it and can't bare to sell :(
    Various tools and DIY bits from Aldi/Lidl - Sander, drill bits, screws, paintbrushes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

FPV plane plus all the bits, camera, homemade goggles, controller, blah blah. Waste of €1000. Used it twice.

Saitek rudder pedals. Gathered dust.

TrackIR4. Used it once.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    George Foreman Grill

I don't understand why people are not using their George Foreman grill. I think they are brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'm trying to figure out when the best time to check Adverts for spontaneously bought New Year resolution exercise bikes. I want one, but I figure the best thing to do would be to take advantage of someone else's spontaneous purchase.

I can't really think of any that I've made, though I'm sure I have. Probably a small electric saw, but I'm sure I'll use it some day, when I have something small that needs sawing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Chocolate fondue set - who the hell needs to meet loads of chocolate and waste half of it.
    Ice cream maker - the whole point of ice cream is that you want to eat it NOW not in 48 hours.

Never buy anything with the word 'maker' in it, for most people it will only be used one or twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

My horse... I had her a few months, fell off and broke myself up and someone else has been looking after her for me since. Ok so she's not quite gathering dust but may as well be!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Road bike :(

Bought it last year with the intention of cycling to get fit after a hip operation. Then I got diagnosed with osteoarthritis so I cant cycle it. Anyone want to buy a bike? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

A guitar.
    I'd love to spontaneously trade it in somewhere soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tom_Barry

Salt lamp... I just HAD to have it.. it just annoys me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

MIDI Keyboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

A dehumidifier. Great novelty for about a week. Now I'm over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

So, uhh, Colser.....about that vibroplate...how strong are the vibrations...and umm, can I have it? :pac:
    My OH is threatening to get rid of my exercise bike if I don't use it so I'll have to dust it off and give it a go :(

Perhaps an exchange deal could be arranged + video rights

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Perhaps an exchange deal could be arranged + video rights

Welcome back ;)

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I don't understand why people are not using their George Foreman grill. I think they are brilliant.

You're so right. Dipping a slice of Brennan's into the fat reservoir .......... heaven!

Welcome back ;)

Wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Wha?

Oh I mixed you up with someone else who was sent off on a little sabbatical, apologies! Hell, who cares, welcome back anyway :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

ArtyM wrote: »
    Get the George Foreman out again, head down to Lidl and pick up a few packs of their streaky rashers (smoked are the best)
    Ole George removes all the yucky greasy fatty guilt while simultaneously leaving behind heavenly,delicious, crispy, rasher goodness.
    Sunday mornings will never be the same.

In answer to the op, I have a Halogen oven that has cooked a single chicken fillet in it's entire working life (2 years).

Everything is healthy if cooked in a George foreman

*throws block of cheese in and closes while clenching chest*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

I blame my parents, The first thing I saw from the cot was a Teasmade !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

chillin117 wrote: »
    I blame my parents, The first thing I saw from the cot was a Teasmade !

It really takes the misery out of making tea! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

My 'DDOS for dummies' book

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Aglomerado wrote: »
    It really takes the misery out of making tea! :D

Maybe I like the misery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

enda1 wrote: »
    PS4

Same. I thought Fallout 4 would get me interested again. Played for five hours on launch day and haven't switched it on since

Advertisement