Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spontanious Purchases now gathering dust !

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can you still buy teasmaids? My girlfriend honestly thinks they're a figment of my imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Almost every videogame I bought last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Testament1

Electric guitar. Teenage me had great designs on becoming a rock star but failed to account for my lack of my musical ability coupled with frustration at not being a virtuoso immediately. It now sits in a corner covered in dust and missing a few strings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Right now I want this drawing tablet that you plug into the laptop and what you draw comes up on the laptop but I know it's going to be a "gathering dust" purchase not long after I get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Blu ray player- I did use it to watch a DVD I got at Xmas tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I have one of those George Foreman grills mentioned: I don't use it as much as I once did, but I found it's great for Paninis too. I pre-slice the rolls and freeze them: no need to defrost, just fill and flatten. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

bnt wrote: »
    I have one of those George Foreman grills mentioned: I don't use it as much as I once did, but I found it's great for Paninis too. I pre-slice the rolls and freeze them: no need to defrost, just fill and flatten. :cool:

I need a new one of those. Bought one when I lived alone. 5 years later it's still going but I'd like a bigger one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Smidge wrote: »
    I had looked at one of those....are they rubbish?

Pretty much, yeah. It doesn't do anything special that all the kitchen stuff you'd own already doesn't do - it just does it slower.

There's a temperature control thing on it that keeps switching off when it reaches a certain heat, so it's crap at deep frying. Or maybe I got a duff one, I don't know.

The ad makes it out to be this spectacular invention, but I wouldn't waste my money if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

chillin117 wrote: »
    George Forman grill. 3tier steamer and a ''must have'' Foot Spa. Now either under the sink, top of press, or in the shed. I bought a Bullworker once too

You should have got the four tier steamer. But seriously, steamers are great. Not the flimsy, plastic electric jobs, proper ones that go on the cooker. You can put your spuds in the first tier, and a selection of veg in the other one or two. Saves on electricity/gas and saucepans.

Slow cookers are good also. I mostly use mine to make batches of porridge, hardly any work involved. Keeps in the fridge for a few days and a portion in the microwave and you have instant breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

A Bish Curver. Didn't know how I was supposed to use it. Was cheap though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

One of those dyson cyclone multifloor vacuum cleaners with all the gizmos and attachments even the pointy nozzle and small brush that nobody knows what it's for.

Been gathering dust ever since I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

PucaMama wrote: »
    I need a new one of those. Bought one when I lived alone. 5 years later it's still going but I'd like a bigger one.
    They've got some large ones on sale in Lidl right now, as it happens.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

I forgot the ''Sodastream''

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

chillin117 wrote: »
    I forgot the ''Sodastream''
    Empty a bottle of blue nun into that and you can drink champagne like a millionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

I bought a ukulele because I saw it in the window and decided I wanted it. Even though I've neglected it, it's still my baby and I love it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

Can you still buy teasmaids? My girlfriend honestly thinks they're a figment of my imagination.
    I think they are called Thai Brides now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Oh, and my unicycle. Not that spontaneous, in that i asked for it for Christmas 2 years in a row. Wife assumed i was looking the first year, but realised from my disappointed 'where's the unicycle shaped present' face on Christmas morning how wrong she was.
    You don't joke about unicycles.
    I've tried to she it maybe 3 times in the 3 years since I got it. Gotta figure it out this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Fishing rods , probably contributed to the end of my marriage.

Her "do you really need four fishing rods ? "

My inner voice " thank fcuk , she doesn't know about the part ownership in the boat and the other three rods."

Advertisement