Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

J. Marston wrote: »
    Becky/Charlotte was a good match. I'd say they badly need to separate those two but Charlotte's been drafted to Raw so it's gonna be those two fighting forever. Bring up Shayna, Io, Candice or Rhea. Any fresh blood.

Former member of the Riott Squad.

Oh wait, they had no achievements either.

LIV could probably do a job as tag team manager but then again I can't really see any team that she could manage

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

That Closing segment was truly awful.. can’t stand Rollins in any way.. he’s been finished as a top baby face for ages now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't Randy burn a less fun house of Bray's before? He's not having any luck.

I think last time we saw Liv, she had a breakdown about her pink hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Raw did 2,279,000 viewers, down from 2,334,000 last week. The draft is fooling no-one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Raw did 2,279,000 viewers, down from 2,334,000 last week. The draft is fooling no-one.

WWE’s stale product is fooling no one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Anyone remember when Seth was running around the building searching for "The Demon King"

They rehashed 2 of their own storylines (randy burning brays shack)

Weren't James Roday and Dule Hill meant to be on this week? Or did I miss them?

So this is the first week with the lesser known roster.
    Of course they still have to build Crown Jewel, but do you think we could see some fresh matches?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So this is the first week with the lesser known roster.
    Of course they still have to build Crown Jewel, but do you think we could see some fresh matches?

Saw on Reddit that Orton, Charlotte, Kabuki Warriors are all in Australia and Becky is doing an ESPN thing.

That and the official preview advertising a Sin Cara match as a big deal tells me sweet fùck all will happen on Raw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Likeabossboss

TimesArrow wrote: »
    That Closing segment was truly awful.. can’t stand Rollins in any way.. he’s been finished as a top baby face for ages now

Fully agree, I thought he was great as a heel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

**** me ric looks and sounds like he could drop any minute

Drew on team Flair

PTH2009 wrote: »
    **** me ric looks and sounds like he could drop any minute

Drew on team Flair

Looks like he mightn't last the 13 hour flight. Have zero interest in this whole flair vs hogan match.

McIntyre has to be on the roids.

Ric is embarrassing himself

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Flair drunk?

No but doing his limousine riding, jet flying looked like he was going to pass out, doesn't look well at all.

No but doing his limousine riding, jet flying looked like he was going to pass out, doesn't look well at all.

Yeah and then add the heat out in Saudi Arabia

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Truth is the best thing in the WWE for the last 5 months since the 24/7 title was created.

Truth is the best thing in the WWE for the last 5 months since the 24/7 title was created.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AxR1h6jG2Aw

Himself and the Miz were brilliant here, I think they ruined him

Nary a post discussing Raw afterwards. Says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Nary a post discussing Raw afterwards. Says it all.

ive seen some positive reviews of the show but cant be bothered watching it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think that was an interesting episode, from the point of the entire focus was building new stars.

Black, Andrade, Street Profits, Humbero.

There was a huge focus on saying "These guys aren't top guys now, but we want to start making them be such in your eyes."

The issue, of course, is when you start a project like that, it can appear a little uninteresting or underwhelming to start off with.

I will say, I think Ford has "it". The Street Profits are gold, imo, but Ford has proper Breakout potential. Just has a great look and charisma to spare. Big fan of his. That closing shot of him with the baby is proper suprstar material, and was likely unscripted too.

Cain, on the other hand.....as someone who doesn't watch much UFC, he's an awful character to me. He can't speak, his "wrestling" looked awful in the segment against Shelton (I'm aware he looked decent as a luchadore), and he doesn't look like the badass they are trying to tell me he is. I get that a decaded ago, he battered Brock but that's not much interest to me as a casual fan right now.

My main takeaway from Raw was that Humberto is a handsome chap. Guy looks like he belongs in a boyband or something.

His entrance gear looks pretty cheap and music isn't great though. So think he needs to change those.

So can anyone explain to an old man here what the Street Profits mean by "smoke"? Even though I watched them in NXT and on Raw, I still have no idea. I just guess things like the stirring and what the cup is about.

Find it kind of stupid when the "local talent" seems to last longer in a match than the superstar. If you compare Black's match length to Zack/Curt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

CastorTroy wrote: »
    His entrance gear looks pretty cheap and music isn't great though. So think he needs to change those.

So can anyone explain to an old man here what the Street Profits mean by "smoke"? Even though I watched them in NXT and on Raw, I still have no idea. I just guess things like the stirring and what the cup is about.

Find it kind of stupid when the "local talent" seems to last longer in a match than the superstar. If you compare Black's match length to Zack/Curt

What he needed before debuting was some PEDs and a gym membership.

We want the smoke basically their way of saying we're ready to throw down with y'all.

That's what I thought it meant, but seem sto mean something else when they start singing "We want the smoke". I think it's a word similar to "smurf" in that if has many meanings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

There wasn't even one women's match on Raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Adiboo wrote: »
    There wasn't even one women's match on Raw.

There nearly all in Australia

Caught some of the show montez is a Effiin star in the making no doubt about it

Am I crazy or was bob/Lana/rusev stuff actually getting good reactions from the crowds

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So I’ve finally seen the clip of ric flair from Monday night. As someone who is a huge flair fan and most of my favourite matches of all time include him in them but it’s sad now. I hate to say it but ric flair should not be on live TV unless it’s clear he’s okay to do it.? He looks and sounds terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I didn't think he was that bad. His speech is a bit slurry I think that's just age / too many years of boozing. The content of what he was saying was just classic heel needling that a lot of the current roster can still learn from, even though there was zero chance that crowd were going to boo Flair regardless of what he said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

RAW did 3k viewers in the UK this week no wonder SKY didn't fight to keep it.

Impact did 77k

AEW 230k viewers on ITV.

Different times and different channels but man 3k viewers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement