Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭emy

glasso wrote: »
    same.

I did not get any confirmation email yet, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Surprised it's back. Is Eir not sending out any more sim cards? I ordered one over a week ago which I never received and others seem to have noted similar.
    Was hoping to purchase one as a Christmas present for a parent who's already on Vodafone so yet another example of a company shafting existing customers in the hopes of luring new ones. As a loyal payg Vodafone customer you should be just as entitled to purchase this for €180.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

Surprised it's back. Is Eir not sending out any more sim cards? I ordered one over a week ago which I never received and others seem to have noted similar.
    Was hoping to purchase one as a Christmas present for a parent who's already on Vodafone so yet another example of a company shafting existing customers in the hopes of luring new ones. As a loyal payg Vodafone customer you should be just as entitled to purchase this for €180.

I got email but out of stock on site when I try order

emy wrote: »
    I did not get any confirmation email yet, unfortunately.

I have received the order confirmation. there was a slight delay on it. time will tell whether the whole thing comes through. getting it as a gift for someone who uses the phone camera a fair bit so will be ideal.

I got email but out of stock on site when I try order

still seems to be working as far as I can see....?

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/google-pixel-3a-pay-as-you-go-just-black

• Advertisement

go buy a tescomobile sim for €5?

obviously Vfe want new subscriber revenue, not just revenue that they are already getting and are effectively "buying" that.

called SAC - subscriber acquisition cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭unhappyBB

Still debating wether or not to go for this. Would it be much of a come down from a Galaxy s8?

unhappyBB wrote: »
    Still debating wether or not to go for this. Would it be much of a come down from a Galaxy s8?

not really.

cpu reasonably close to it - wouldn't notice really in daily operation unless playing the most intensive games.

camera on the 3a is better than the s8. although the s8 has a decent camera.

Thanks
    On my phone browser showing out of stock. but in stock on my laptop. Ordered one. Figured worst case it gets cancelled and i get a refund

Cheers,
    Michael

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Gave it one last go. Same error again, gas c*nts. Order showing payment in process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 sc0by

emy wrote: »
    The phone is back on sale again, I just bought one more, the payment went through, curious to see if I get it.

I had signed up to be notified when this was available again.

I ordered a free eir sim last Friday and it arrived on Tues this week.
    During the order process I was asked to enter the number I'd be porting and they sent a text with a 5 digit code to that number.
    Entered that and everything seemed to go through for 179.99

Looking good so far, hope this arrives without hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Just FYI for anyone buying in store I had to buy a SIM with min €20 top up. Between the eir SIM and the Vodafone SIM and the smaller discount in store it cost 259 all in. Still not bad considering the phone is 300 at best elsewhere but not exactly as good as 179! Anyone want 20 quid Vodafone credit for a tenner? Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

Just FYI for anyone buying in store I had to buy a SIM with min €20 top up. Between the eir SIM and the Vodafone SIM and the smaller discount in store it cost 259 all in. Still not bad considering the phone is 300 at best elsewhere but not exactly as good as 179! Anyone want 20 quid Vodafone credit for a tenner? Ha!

The salesman told me I should buy credit to go with the phone but I didn't want to and he processed the order without it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Not sure how this works.

I topped up by a tenner for eir sim and that was it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Ah feck! I was mugged so!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

dan786 wrote:
    Offer ends Monday so doubt they will come back in stock online before that.

It's a very nice phone. It's worth its price in the Google store

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I'll buy that Vodafone top-up off you if you still have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Got mine today. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

In stock again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭FGR

vectra wrote: »
    In stock again

I put in an order. First one gave me an error and to contact my credit card company.

Second time went through. At least I think it did. When I try to track the order I get a screen with two order numbers. One that says ‘Your order has been cancelled. If you need further information contact Customer Care on 1907’ and the second order number with ‘Your payment is being processed.’

Can anyone confirm that means the second order went through? It’s ridiculous and I’m hoping I don’t get hit twice on my card !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

FGR wrote: »
    I put in an order. First one gave me an error and to contact my credit card company.

Second time went through. At least I think it did. When I try to track the order I get a screen with two order numbers. One that says ‘Your order has been cancelled. If you need further information contact Customer Care on 1907’ and the second order number with ‘Your payment is being processed.’

Can anyone confirm that means the second order went through? It’s ridiculous and I’m hoping I don’t get hit twice on my card !

The cancelled order is probably the one that didn't go through. Second one is the new order. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Wolftown

Quackster wrote: »
    I'll buy that Vodafone top-up off you if you still have it.

I also had to buy €20 credit with my P30 Lite in the Wicklow store. Will take €10 if anyone wants it!

Just got an order cancellation email... Cancelled due to certain criteria..I give up

Mine says due for dispatch but I got not confirmation or email. Fingers crossed but not holding out much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

go buy a tescomobile sim for €5?

obviously Vfe want new subscriber revenue, not just revenue that they are already getting and are effectively "buying" that.

called SAC - subscriber acquisition cost.

Can you buy these Tesco sims for €5 in any shop, not seeing that price online as looks to be €15 top up required to receive a sim.
    Will be tonight before I get to a Tesco store so hopefully phone still in stock by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

Can you buy these Tesco sims for €5 in any shop, not seeing that price online as looks to be €15 top up required to receive a sim.
    Will be tonight before I get to a Tesco store so hopefully phone still in stock by then.

I had to pay €15 for a Tesco Sim, so don't know about the €5 one.

Tesco Sim in store is €15, or if you buy €15 credit you get a "Free" Sim so I just bought the credit and passed it on to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Ordered yesterday, saying its dispatched now so fingers crossed

Ush1 wrote: »
    Mine says due for dispatch but I got not confirmation or email. Fingers crossed but not holding out much hope.

Mine has changed to dispatched. How long does it usually take to get to the store?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Ush1 wrote: »
    Mine has changed to dispatched. How long does it usually take to get to the store?

I walked in next day and it was there !

• Advertisement

How good is the camera on these? Someone needs a new phone but wants a good camera. Was gonna recommend a Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro which is decent, extra 30/40 quid worth it for this?

Advertisement