Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Gatling wrote: »
    What's with the amount of ear wax ads popping up litterally every other page large ear wax cleaning ads pop up , mainly using touch

Say that again?

;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

About half of requests are giving 521 this morning. Is a node dead?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Error 521 Ray ID: 61f440460c7a0834 • 2021-02-10 07:52:30 UTC
    Web server is down

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Good morning,

It looks as though Cloudflare has had some issues of its own this morning (https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/), but has implemented a fix and says that it has resolved the issue.

It's been very frustrating for me the last few days. Maybe it's my location as I was having cloudfare captchas for ages from Asia and the whole site stopped working for a while as well.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Sorry to hear that Ads by Google, in what way did the site stop working? You couldn't log on or couldn't post or couldn't even get on to it at all?

Sorry to hear that Ads by Google, in what way did the site stop working? You couldn't log on or couldn't post or couldn't even get on to it at all?

It's completely random. On mobile, I saw this thread had a new post so I clicked and it took at least half a minute. Posting can be very fast or very slow. It depends.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is there a fix for when a thread you are subbed to doesnt go to the last unread post but instead reverts to the very last post of the thread everytime. Ive tried unsubbing and then resubbing but the problem still occurs. Its only a single thread it happens on but can be frustrating nonetheless.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Clear the cache and try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

New Home wrote: »
    Clear the cache and try again.

Tried that there then resubbed to the thread but the problem remains

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Whats with the random comment tags up the top of the page?
    Looks like someone was trying to leave comments inside the <body> tag.

It shows:

/* */ /* */

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Whats with the random comment tags up the top of the page?
    Looks like someone was trying to leave comments inside the <body> tag.

It shows:

/* */ /* */

I was just coming to post same.

544039.png

Similar here but it's only displaying once:

544045.png

It's not visible on firefox running on Ubuntu, could be environment related.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

I can see the comments in devtools, but not showing for me in the top menu. What browsers are ye using?

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I can see the comments in devtools, but not showing for me in the top menu. What browsers are ye using?

On a MacBook, can reproduce in Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

Running Mac OS
    /* */ /* */ showing in Brave (Version 1.20.103 Chromium: 88.0.4324.152 (Official Build) (x86_64)) and Chrome (Version 88.0.4324.182 (Official Build) (x86_64))
    Nothing showing in Firefox (85.0.2 (64-bit)) nor Safari (Version 14.0.2 (15610.3.7.1.10, 15610))

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

They're showing at the bottom of the page for me:

544094.png

There are some inside the page <head> and some more among the scripts at the end of the <body>. There's also one anomalous '/* /*' in the mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just spotted those comments at the bottom of my screen - Windows 10, Chrome Version 88.0.4324.150 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

These fellas

/* */ /* */

were on top of the page yesterday, on the bottom of the page today. Firefox on windows 7.

None in Opera.

/* */ in Internet Explorer.

Leprechauns? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭josip

Site slow to load for me, getting content that I read 4 hours flagged as 'new'.
    Firefox 85.0.2 on Win 10.
    (Not looking for any help, just flagging it in case the same for others)

Thanks josip, something is definitely amiss at the moment we're getting some blank pages when navigating to a new page as well so Dave is looking into it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭josip

Thanks josip, something is definitely amiss at the moment we're getting some blank pages when navigating to a new page as well so Dave is looking into it at the moment.

The boards.ie server right now...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc7xF17O-Ck

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

When I'm on the main home page and click on the arrow to go to the next unread post, I'm getting sent to random earlier pages in the thread. Not every time, but enough to notice.

And within a thread, when I click to go to the next page of posts, it just sends me back to an earlier post on the page I was already on. Again not every time.

I noticed these glitches today.

On desktop via Firefox.

josip wrote: »
    The boards.ie server right now...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc7xF17O-Ck

:D:D That would be fairly creepy!!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    When I'm on the main home page and click on the arrow to go to the next unread post, I'm getting sent to random earlier pages in the thread. Not every time, but enough to notice.

And within a thread, when I click to go to the next page of posts, it just sends me back to an earlier post on the page I was already on. Again not every time.

I noticed these glitches today.

On desktop via Firefox.

Things should be back to normal now, if you continue to notice these glitches just let me know it's still happening here. Thanks.

Just getting a bunch of previous pages when going to the next page, looks like the servers are out of sync again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've got the previous page thing again once or twice since I last posted, and pages are incredible show to load for the last hour or so both on desktop/Firefox and touch site on mobile/Chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Hi, when viewing this site on mobile it only displays text, no images or pictures, it does this on both Chrome and Firefox, deleted cache and cookies and that hasn't fixed the issue, any suggestions thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi Supertortoise, are you on m.boards.ie by any chance? If so, please switch to using touch.boards.ie for mobile browsing.
    Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement