Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I dont think I should be making that page visible, do you?

With the Password and all... will pm you tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Is it possible to change the behaviour of the disappearing ads on the touch site? It’s annoying reading a post and then the whole page scrolls up/down when the ad appears/disappears, even when it’s not in view.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

What’s up with the massive ads that have started appearing and disappearing on every page, changing where I am on the page? Extremely frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm finding it slow tonight, difficulty in posting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Comerman

Hi Devs, I'm using the android boards app and posted this morning but it says on the thread "recent post by Comerman" but when I opened the thread it's not there. I've reloaded the page, logged out etc but no luck. Click on the "full site" option and it's there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Comerman

Comerman wrote: »
    Hi Devs, I'm using the android boards app and posted this morning but it says on the thread "recent post by Comerman" but when I opened the thread it's not there. I've reloaded the page, logged out etc but no luck. Click on the "full site" option and it's there.

Hope these show what I mean.

fullstop wrote: »
    What’s up with the massive ads that have started appearing and disappearing on every page, changing where I am on the page? Extremely frustrating

Anyone able to give an update on this?

Yeah, it's fairly annoying. Even if the ad just didn't disappear it would be a help.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi folks,

Are there particular ads that you have noticed that are resulting in problematic behaviour or is it a more general issue? Can those impacted let me know what browser and OS they're using please?

Hi folks,

Are there particular ads that you have noticed that are resulting in problematic behaviour or is it a more general issue? Can those impacted let me know what browser and OS they're using please?

It’s the ad that appears within a post. At the moment it shows a trailer for the Wonder Woman movie, but it was different a couple of days ago. Safari on the latest version of iOS.

• Advertisement

When did this ad within a post lark start? Page keeps jumping back a bit. I could be on post 32 of a 40 post page and all of a sudden it refreshes itself and I’m back looking at posts I’ve already read.

I’m on touch site via safari.

Boards.ie Employee

Hi Strawberry Milkshake,

Would you have an example of a thread (and post number) in which you are encountering this? And have you noticed that there's a particular ad or is it random?

I can’t see the ad as I’m at the end of the page. I took a couple of screenshots earlier.
    When I clicked into the thread, I could see all of the last unread post (my own at the time) but within a few seconds it jumped up and this is what my screen shows.

Then the screen moves again and I can see all of the last post.

Mark, I have recorded my screen so you can see. Do you want to send me a PM with an email address to send it to so you can see for yourself?

Boards.ie Employee

Just sent :)

Hi folks,

This is what I get every time I change page. The after 10 or 15 seconds it disappears and the page jumps 3 or 4 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

There is no point in allowing anonymous posting if those posts aren't approved in a timely manner and sit in a queue for two days.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It's just a video ad which minimises after it's played.

Its a bit of pain alright when your reading a thread and it appears that the posts jump

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The Coronation Street thread always gets stuck.
    You can see that there has been a new post made but the new post won't appear until a few more posts are made also.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

The Coronation Street thread always gets stuck.
    You can see that there has been a new post made but the new post won't appear until a few more posts are made also.

Wonder is it a glitch in the whole sub forum the because exactly the same thing happens the Fair City thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

503 errors for me on the phone today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭thesandeman

It's crawling for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Very slow all of a sudden. 503 errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

V slow for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

Yep, it's struggling this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Slow for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Lots of blank pages when coming back out of threads to the subforums.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Slow slow slow and blank pages.

There's also a lot longer delay when posting.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone check the number of posts, page refreshes in the covid forum?! I bet it's that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement