Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New home sale in Rathborne, Ashtown, Dublin 15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Trying to get my head around where this actually is positioned. Unless it's South of Rathborne Ave I think it's a bit of stretch having Rathborne in the name

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Casa2

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Trying to get my head around where this actually is positioned. Unless it's South of Rathborne Ave I think it's a bit of stretch having Rathborne in the name

It is between Rathborne and Royal Canal Park. If you pass in front you will see a big sign already. In front of the Crescent Park.

I am hoping someone have the plan so they can post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

If it's that site go to Dublin City council planning and search for reference 3604/12 and there's a site plan and details. The quality of the document scans isn't great but you'll get a good idea of the development.

The brochure and details of which houses are for sale is finally up on rathbornepark.ie

People queuing since Wednesday for these..agent didn't expect it so started giving people who showed up to the sales office a ticket number for the launch. Anybody showing up bright and early tomorrow is going to be under the false illusion there somewhere near the top when in actual fact they probably aren't at all. Poor showing from Savills not sending that info out to people interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Casa2

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    People queuing since Wednesday for these..agent didn't expect it so started giving people who showed up to the sales office a ticket number for the launch. Anybody showing up bright and early tomorrow is going to be under the false illusion there somewhere near the top when in actual fact they probably aren't at all. Poor showing from Savills not sending that info out to people interested.

Hi Mayo,

Really that they had a queue? That is crazy I was going to show up there but gave up thinking that they may open another day. Anyway the development is exactly 10 minutes walking from the train station so I don't think people will be disappointed. Also we have a park in front of our states with playground and it is very hand to cross the road and bring the kids to play. I just think those houses will be really small by the measure from Daft. Some apartments are apt 92m2 and 3Bed house are only 102m2. it is 10m2 smaller than a three bedroom house in their plans. It make no sense to me.:confused:

Casa2 wrote:
    3Bed house are only 102m2. it is 10m2 smaller than a three bedroom house in their plans. It make no sense to me.

Standard enough size these days. Same size as their development in Aderlie in Lucan little smaller than Adamstown. Both sold out. Granted Rathborne are a little pricer but sure that's due to the better location..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mikehene

Hi,

I purchased one of the 3 bed house type 4s at their latest release. Has anyone else heard anything in regards to when further information will be released on the how the different house types will look and the specs?

On looking at the council application i can see that only house type 1 has an adaptable loft conversion and house types 4 & 5 are built for an extension of 10 sq mtrs (without a need to move the kitchen that is). All of which would have been handy information to have known before we put the deposit on the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭elainers

Savill's said they are compiling a list of queries from the developer. Not sure how fast this will come back though as I've been told info will be released before and no sign. Key to keep pressure up I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nmeg

I just bought a house here myself. I have no info other that we waiting for contracts. If anyone hears anything, please share. I know we did ask the estate agent Q's about kitchens etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 toberlion

We have also put a downpayment on a Type 1.

We've been told by Savills that our solicitor should be issued with a Sales Advice Note by early next week.

We've asked for a proper set of dimensioned drawings, but yet to receive them.

As far as I know, most of the brochures are for illustrative purposes only so the best guide is apparently the planning permission document. Think it's the attached as that's the only one I've seen with internal layout details on the council website.

elainers wrote: »
    As far as I know, most of the brochures are for illustrative purposes only so the best guide is apparently the planning permission document. Think it's the attached as that's the only one I've seen with internal layout details on the council website.

Attached now hopefully.

Yeah I saw that one alright. No type 1 mentioned in it though.

toberlion wrote: »

None of the numbering corresponds to the brochure. But if you look at the bottom of each page, they show the site layout with that house type shaded in black.

So just find where your house is located on the site and that will be the type for that plot.

Obviously it's only the type pending feedback from the council which may have been incorporated since. But I can't see other layout documents up so guessing that's the only thing to reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TheSpinmaster

There's another document on the planning docs that shows the type 1s. I'll try to find it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elendil88

There's another document on the planning docs that shows the type 1s. I'll try to find it later.

dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00389709.pdf has Type 1 details (Option A/B is the other way around)

Anybody else buy a house type 6?

elainers wrote:
    Anybody else buy a house type 6?

Hey yeah a relative of mine has bought this type house, the one with the garage right?!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 suci2016

Anyone’s solicitors get contracts yet? We were told they would be sent out this week. Very limited information still on the development. Nothing happening on site although I’ve seen Ballymore site (Camden Avenue) adjacent to Rathborne Park with a bit of activity, they’ve closed off part of the car park, and added some additional fencing so hopefully Catlethorn will start shortly.

• Advertisement

That's a bit worrying that no building has started - Savill's originally mentioned this week as the start of construction. My solicitor hasn't received anything yet. 

On the garage, the size on the plans look a little small for a car but maybe that's my non expert eye looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rapscallion1

That's a bit worrying that no building has started - Savill's originally mentioned this week as the start of construction. My solicitor hasn't received anything yet. 

Would it be normal for building to start before contracts are signed and deposits are in? I don't know anything about construction but wouldn't be worried if building hasn't started if we haven't even gotten contracts yet. Savill's said April as the completion date but I think it's safe to assume June-ish with the usual delays.

Would it be normal for building to start before contracts are signed and deposits are in? I don't know anything about construction but wouldn't be worried if building hasn't started if we haven't even gotten contracts yet. Savill's said April as the completion date but I think it's safe to assume June-ish with the usual delays.

Be more realistic to expect to be in before next September to be honest. Not a peep at the site yet which will take some effort clearing. Full grown trees and all sorts in there from what I saw. There timber framed homes though so that might reduce the build time I would imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Price doesn't seem to reflect they are timber frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elendil88

suci2016 wrote: »
    Anyone’s solicitors get contracts yet? We were told they would be sent out this week. Very limited information still on the development. Nothing happening on site although I’ve seen Ballymore site (Camden Avenue) adjacent to Rathborne Park with a bit of activity, they’ve closed off part of the car park, and added some additional fencing so hopefully Catlethorn will start shortly.
    We were told that the contracts will go out to solicitors beginning of next week.

I'm not sure how normal it is to buy off plans if I'm honest. The longer they are building the more risk to the buyer so I hope they get them started and finished asap.

I'm not sure how normal it is to buy off plans if I'm honest. The longer they are building the more risk to the buyer so I hope they get them started and finished asap.

I was told that the contracts would be out early next week, then again I was told they would be out early this week (and last haha).

Savills told me that they are due to start construction early October and finish in May 2018, however as mentioned above and looking at comments in the Royal Canal Park thread it safe to say that it'll be closer to late July/early August by the time snagging is complete and keys are handed over.

mikehene wrote: »

I was told that the contracts would be out early next week, then again I was told they would be out early this week (and last haha).

Savills told me that they are due to start construction early October and finish in May 2018, however as mentioned above and looking at comments in the Royal Canal Park thread it safe to say that it'll be closer to late July/early August by the time snagging is complete and keys are handed over.
    Oh I'm under no illusions that they'll finish on time. Sure the official planned completion date for my house set by Castlethorn is March but Savills have already said June is more likely. But actually starting the build on time means completion will be less delayed which means less risk for me. So I am concerned that they haven't started yet as scheduled. 
    I'm also concerned that from what I've read other Castlethorn developments promise completion within any time from two years of contract signing (that is a long time), that there's no construction drawings available yet bar what's on the DCC website and that there apparently is no guarantees given re size or layout in the contracts. Hopefully the contracts come soon and allay some of the fears.

Oh I'm under no illusions that they'll finish on time. Sure the official planned completion date for my house set by Castlethorn is March but Savills have already said June is more likely. But actually starting the build on time means completion will be less delayed which means less risk for me. So I am concerned that they haven't started yet as scheduled. 
    I'm also concerned that from what I've read other Castlethorn developments promise completion within any time from two years of contract signing (that is a long time), that there's no construction drawings available yet bar what's on the DCC website and that there apparently is no guarantees given re size or layout in the contracts. Hopefully the contracts come soon and allay some of the fears.

I was under the impression that all houses in phase 1 would be completed at the same but it makes sense that some would be completed before others. I'm surprised there is such a big gap between what Savills is telling individuals.

What house number are you? We are 13 Rathborne View, just wondering if they are organising completion by house type first or by road.

• Advertisement

One question I would have if buying us about the expiration of the planning permission.

Planning was granted in mid 2013 and to my understanding expires after 5 years which would mean mid 2018. I believe they can apply for extensions to that and that only substantial completion by that date is required but I'd want clarification before signing.

One question I would have if buying us about the expiration of the planning permission.

Planning was granted in mid 2013 and to my understanding expires after 5 years which would mean mid 2018. I believe they can apply for extensions to that and that only substantial completion by that date is required but I'd want clarification before signing.
    That would be a great question to ask. Might help get a handle on completion dates as well.

That would be a great question to ask. Might help get a handle on completion dates as well.

I would be less concerned about the planning expiring, given the current housing issues/need for housing and it’s a NAMA site (they wouldn’t want negative publicity). If there were any glaring issues your solicitor will flag that straight away once contracts are sent out.

Once site clearance is complete the houses will go up quite quickly, based on Ballymores phases. The main spine roads are already in from before the crash. Winter weather will play a factor in some delays. Personally I don’t see them being ready until at least June (we were told completion in March) and snagging will take 3-4 weeks on top of that.

Has anyone got an official receipt for the deposit they put down?

We got an informal email receipt from Savills which said an official receipt was to follow. Nothing yet.

Also, our solicitor hasn't been issued a Sales Advice Note yet, never mind contracts. Has anyone else received this?

Maybe my expectations are too high at this point, but I thought there would be some communication from Savills to buyers by now.

Has anyone got an official receipt for the deposit they put down?

We got an informal email receipt from Savills which said an official receipt was to follow. Nothing yet.

Also, our solicitor hasn't been issued a Sales Advice Note yet, never mind contracts. Has anyone else received this?

Maybe my expectations are too high at this point, but I thought there would be some communication from Savills to buyers by now.

You don't pay the deposit until you sign the contract - it's the 10% amount. What's paid to date is just a booking fee. Not sure about a Sales Advice note - is it normally done with new builds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

My previous experience of Castlethorn in a D15 estate was that they are a decent development company & standards were high & the development completed as promised.

• Advertisement

You don't pay the deposit until you sign the contract - it's the 10% amount. What's paid to date is just a booking fee. Not sure about a Sales Advice note - is it normally done with new builds?

Sorry, by deposit I meant the down payment we gave on the day of the launch.

Yes the developers solicitor has firstly to send a sales advice note to your solicitor before any contract can be drawn up. It’s not a detailed document so was just curious as to if anyone else’s solicitor has received this yet?

Sorry, by deposit I meant the down payment we gave on the day of the launch.

Yes the developers solicitor has firstly to send a sales advice note to your solicitor before any contract can be drawn up. It’s not a detailed document so was just curious as to if anyone else’s solicitor has received this yet?

Never heard of that in anything I've read. Did your solicitor advise it should be sent?

Never heard of that in anything I've read. Did your solicitor advise it should be sent?

Yes. They were supposed to be issued last week according to Savills.

Has anyone received an official receipt of the down payment given on launch day?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

Yes. They were supposed to be issued last week according to Savills.

Has anyone received an official receipt of the down payment given on launch day?

Yeah we got a pdf receipt for the down payment, it took a few emails and follow up calls to Savills asking for it though.

Yes, we also got a PDF receipt last week.

• Advertisement

suci2016 wrote: »
    Yes, we also got a PDF receipt last week.

Same here. Emailed it immediately once I said I needed it for the mortgage application.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rdoyle16

We purchased a House Type 1. Savills told us that they would be expected to be completed May - September '18. All services and roads are already in so I expect the development to fly once they get in and get started. Interesting to hear that these are timber framed? Was it on the planning documentation that this was stated?

One thing that I have a slight concern is that we are first time buyers and hoping to get the help to buy scheme for this, but Castlethorn (Rathborne) are currently not registered contractors for the scheme. They are registered for Adamstown and Belarmine and Savills said that they were to be on the updated list last week but still no sign of them. Is anyone else in the same boat? They are such a large company I can't see them not getting registered but just the fact that its in NAMA etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nmeg

We are in the same boat withe the HTB scheme. We were told this shouldn't be a issue by Savills, so interesting to hear they are not on the approved list for this development. I am sure they will be on it though. We informed our solicitor of our intention to avail of the HTB scheme and was told it shouldn't be a issue also. All i would say is the applications need to be fully submitted and approved by 31st Dec 17 (for anyone who applied this year, has a application number etc.), so they best hurry up.

I know roads and services are around the site but there's a lot to be done inside of it yet from what I can see - it's mainly bushes and grass at the moment. 
    Have you received a contract yet? I don't think you can proceed with HTB until that happens anyway.

Reven
    nmeg wrote: »
    We are in the same boat withe the HTB scheme. We were told this shouldn't be a issue by Savills, so interesting to hear they are not on the approved list for this development. I am sure they will be on it though. We informed our solicitor of our intention to avail of the HTB scheme and was told it shouldn't be a issue also. All i would say is the applications need to be fully submitted and approved by 31st Dec 17 (for anyone who applied this year, has a application number etc.), so they best hurry up.
    When I asked last week, revenue came back saying the scheme is provided for in legislation until end of 2019. Think any applications expire in 2017 because they took your tax contribution from 2012-2016 to calculate the relief. You'd have to re-apply in 2018 but it should still be there. Obviously this is providing there's no shock in today's budget and the gov don't manage to get legislation rushed through before year end.

nmeg wrote: »

HTB is here till at least 31st Dec 18 anyways. Will be officially confirmed later today.

Wouldn't worry about them regarding the approved list. There not registered for their Somerton development either so I would imagine they will be getting put on in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rdoyle16

I know roads and services are around the site but there's a lot to be done inside of it yet from what I can see - it's mainly bushes and grass at the moment. 
    Have you received a contract yet? I don't think you can proceed with HTB until that happens anyway.

There is two stages to the HTB, you can complete the first now (application). This is basically to ensure all your taxes are in order and will confirm the max refund you can claim (we had to make a payment to revenue bas we had underpaid one of the years somehow). Stage 2 (claim) is then completed by uploading the mortgage and contract docs once available.

rdoyle16 wrote: »

There is two stages to the HTB, you can complete the first now (application). This is basically to ensure all your taxes  are in order and will confirm the max refund you can claim (we had to make a payment to revenue bas we had underpaid one of the years somehow). Stage 2 (claim) is then completed by uploading the mortgage and contract docs once available.
    I know that - you asked about the developer stage which is stage 2 and requires a contract to start the process. If you haven't received the contract, it makes no difference whether they are registered or not until the point at which contracts are issued. 
    Either way, HTB is legislated for until the end of 2018 (provided no drastic action by the gov in the next two months) so you just reapply come new year based on tax from 2013-2017 in January.

I assume everyone else also received an email from Savills last night answering queries put to Castlethorn in the last construction meeting?

Pretty disappointing, seemed liked a blanked response of no to 90% of the requests. Even though i was expecting this it's still disappointing to see how developers can now just throw up standard houses and refuse even basic modifications.

mikehene wrote: »
    I assume everyone else also received an email from Savills last night answering queries put to Castlethorn in the last construction meeting?

Pretty disappointing, seemed liked a blanked response of no to 90% of the requests. Even though i was expecting this it's still disappointing to see how developers can now just throw up standard houses and refuse even basic modifications.

I assume we got the same email. It’s disappointing but not all that surprising. I can understand it from their point of view in some ways, if all 60 house owners wanted to do minor changes, move a socket here, change a fitting there etc etc it would be a nightmare for the builders. If the houses were built prior being sold we wouldn’t have the option either way. Don’t get me wrong, there are things I’d like added/altered etc but can understand why they won’t entertain it.

I’ve still seen no activity on site, I pass it daily so hopefully the site clearance will commence shortly. Won’t take too long to clear in any case. And as of this moment no contracts received.....no surprise if it’s pushed out to next week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement