Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Has the Saturday farmers market outside the Brandon carpark finished for the summer? I haven't been down that way on a Saturday in a while, but we were parking there today and they weren't there (just before 2pm).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

It's been on the past few Saturdays, don't think they finish for summer but 2 is a bit on the late side, I find 11 is even too late if you want cinnamon rolls!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

phormium wrote: »
    It's been on the past few Saturdays, don't think they finish for summer but 2 is a bit on the late side, I find 11 is even too late if you want cinnamon rolls!

I wasn't going there specifically, I just noticed they were all gone by 2pm when I was going into carpark. I thought they were usually the until 3pm. I never get down to them on time any time I'm down there!

The theory is probably 3 but realistically they are well sold out by that stage so I doubt anyone is still there that late. I used to do a market years ago which was supposed to last until 2.30ish but it was on Sundays and once the after Mass crowd was gone most people packed up and went home early.

I guess it's a good sign if they are sold out! Glad to hear they are still doing it though. If I manage to get down early some Saturday I must try and pop over. Especially for a cinnamon roll!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

The last one was packing up when I passed at 1:15 today.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What's gonna be happening there?
    The next phase of the town centre rehabilitation, extending the works that were carried out on the Mall & Bridge St, to Russell St & Lower Rock St.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Quackster wrote: »
    The next phase of the town centre rehabilitation, extending the works that were carried out on the Mall & Bridge St, to Russell St & Lower Rock St.

Any idea if there's some PDF with the plans online somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Quackster wrote: »

Will Russell Street actually be pedestranised too?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭trafficlight

Hi All,

Just wondering has anyone worked in JRI America in Tralee, I see on their website that they have a list of different positions that come up from time to time which I am thinking of applying for. I am wondering what is it like to work there, are people treated well by management, is there room for career growth, do you receive good training etc. what are people like, what are working hours/days??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

ongarboy wrote: »
    Will Russell Street actually be pedestranised too?
    No, it will remain as is. Main difference will be the removal of kerbed footpaths and the use of bollards to separate pedestrians and traffic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Found this presentation which gives a good overview of the planned work.

https://tralee.ie/town-centre-works-2020/?fbclid=IwAR1uIrhD51_kpMVLGFYZj4Qc9VMhu7OU_5bSxsFpFukL3HclhZCzcZKz71M

Bit by bit they're doing a great job of improving the public realm in the town centre.

The masterplan for the Island of Geese is impressive for the level of detail in terms of the need to connect the west of the town centre with the Mall and the Square. It would/will be brilliant to see progress on these two projects.

http://docstore.kerrycoco.ie/KCCWebsite/planning/tralee/geese/masterplan.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Itchyfeet89

Is the Killeen Woods area of town a dodgy place to live/ buy? Houses going v cheaply there

Is the Killeen Woods area of town a dodgy place to live/ buy? Houses going v cheaply there

Its not really fair to anyone who owns & lives there to say its dodgy. Plenty of dodgy people living all over town! It does have a lot of rentals up there, so probably good investments for landlords.

Just wondering if it would be a good place to buy, that's all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

What stage are you at. Beginner home or something that bit bigger ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Hi All,

Just wondering has anyone worked in JRI America in Tralee, I see on their website that they have a list of different positions that come up from time to time which I am thinking of applying for. I am wondering what is it like to work there, are people treated well by management, is there room for career growth, do you receive good training etc. what are people like, what are working hours/days??

Glassdoor.ie allows anonymous reviews of working conditions/atmosphere etc in companies so you might get some info there. I don't know anyone who works there so haven't heard either way.

adam88 wrote: »
    What stage are you at. Beginner home or something that bit bigger ?

Beginner

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Sos88sos88

What sort of role are you looking at? It's a good place to work, it's pretty corporate which is different to most tech companies.

If you are in tech I would reccomend Aspen Grove

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Beginner

I wouldn't buy there but everyone is different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭g1983d

I wouldn't buy there but everyone is different

Why not, just interestwd to know as I haven't heard anything good or bad about the place

g1983d wrote: »
    Why not, just interestwd to know as I haven't heard anything good or bad about the place

Have you had a drive through the estate to have a look and get a feel for the place?

I wouldn't say its a bad place, but like anywhere, there can be some bad elements in there. We have issues where I live and its a lovely estate, but one family/household can ruin it for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭g1983d

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Have you had a drive through the estate to have a look and get a feel for the place?

I wouldn't say its a bad place, but like anywhere, there can be some bad elements in there. We have issues where I live and its a lovely estate, but one family/household can ruin it for everyone!

No just wondered when you replied to the other poster

g1983d wrote: »
    No just wondered when you replied to the other poster

sorry I meant to reply with that to the original poster!

have you had a drive through the estate to get a feel for the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭CinderKone

Ask a postman they usually know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

I lived there for 5 years (Until about a year ago). It was grand, never felt unsafe there or anything. Mind you, there was a murder in the house across the road from me, but at the time it was being run as a kind of half way house, and it has since been put on the normal rental market. They were the only people living on my cul-de-sac that were ever any trouble (And it was more constant parties than anything else).

Just wondering if there's a reason why houses are so cheap there? A house sold for only 55 thousand there in June

Just wondering if there's a reason why houses are so cheap there? A house sold for only 55 thousand there in June

Most houses in there go for a lot more, so I don't know how that went for such a low price.
    It may have been on the market a long time, so they dropped the price. Or the House may have needed a lot of work done to it.

• Advertisement

That's an abnormally low price, family sale or something? Has to be some reason as that's not the usual market price.

Advertisement