Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Slightly more than trivially happy, but this is the first look at anything PS5 related. Not gone on the 2 tone so hoping for a single all black option, but yeah, I am excite! (This is a mock up of an all black one, and much nicer)

https://twitter.com/Mucrush/status/1247624037616037889?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Aonghus von B is back. :)

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A few th, I ordered coffee from mahers coffee and they sent back an email saying we appreciate your business in these harsh times, have a 10% discount on your next order!

Seeing a video of my two year old nephew meeting his new sister and he was so gentle with her and loving and sweet, he kept giving her kissies and cuddles and kept saying "ba ba" we were all worried he would be jealous of her but I guess giving him a little baby doll to care for helped as he really cared for that doll! but then in another video he was giving kissies and then he tried to rob her little hat and his dad said "no no " and he ran off giggling the little rascal!

Video chatting with my brother in Australia last night and hearing my niece say her ABC's and also being a rascal and running around going mad, god I miss her x.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

We got a delivery of food earlier in the week. I am still not over the novelty of having the things I like back in the fridge and presses again. Also, having fresh fruit on hand. I don't know why but it just makes me feel really lucky and privileged!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

As I’m sure most of ye know by now, I’m not generally a morning person. But I was awake since earlier to take in a delivery (TH in itself) but now I’m feeling really motivated to work out and I’m mentally planning my day. Maybe mornings aren’t so bad after all :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Just sitting having a cup of coffee, radio playing old favourites in the background, sun beaming in the window, a moment of contentment, despite everything that's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

This morning my mam had to go into the chemist to pick up my usual prescription. They know me well in the chemist because I've been a very frequent customer for about 15 years, so they know I've been cocooning for almost four weeks. They also know that I get very dry skin and hair as a side effect of illness.

So about an hour ago, my mam dropped two paper bags full of stuff on the window. The first contained my usual meds. The second had an absolute tonne of free samples of very nice moisturisers and creams and several other little treats (a face mask, a candle - that kind of thing). There was also a little note from the pharmacist saying they realised it must be tough to be alone so much, so they were sending out that stuff to cheer me up and they hoped they'd be able to see me again soon.

It has definitely made me more than TH that people would be so incredibly kind and thoughtful - I may have had a little cry when I read the note. I'm also TH about looking forward to pampering myself tonight :)

Aawww bolgbui that's so kind of them. That's made me a little teary. So many random acts of kindness at the moment. How lovely.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That's so lovely bolgbui.
    So many people go above and beyond in small and big ways just now.

Enjoy the treats!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

New Home wrote:
    PIIIIIICSSSS!!!!!

I'm just so useless at putting up pictures on here. I'll try work it out but I can't promise anything!

Major TH today. My internet stopped working over 2 weeks ago so I rang Vodafone and the lady I was talking to said engineers had to sort it out. Today was the day it was supposed to be ready but it wasn't so I rang again. A lovely man told me that it was my data that had run out. Ridiculous. But anyway, he sorted it all out for me and I have internet again! Yay!!

• Advertisement

bolgbui41 wrote:
    It has definitely made me more than TH that people would be so incredibly kind and thoughtful - I may have had a little cry when I read the note. I'm also TH about looking forward to pampering myself tonight

That was so thoughtful and kind of them! Great thing to read this afternoon. Enjoy your treats :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

KatW4 wrote: »
    I'm just so useless at putting up pictures on here. I'll try work it out but I can't promise anything!

Major TH today. My internet stopped working over 2 weeks ago so I rang Vodafone and the lady I was talking to said engineers had to sort it out. Today was the day it was supposed to be ready but it wasn't so I rang again. A lovely man told me that it was my data that had run out. Ridiculous. But anyway, he sorted it all out for me and I have internet again! Yay!!

Email them to me if you want and I'll post them for yis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

FINALLY finished my 365 course! a lot of revision to do to cement it.

But for now, an afternoon off!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The celibate pandas in Chinese zoos have started mating, possibly because they feel more comfortable without a load of human spectators gorming at them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

The heat! It's lovely...took my child for a quick walk and to get some gf foods for her...it would almost make you forget the shítshow we are currently in.

Posting for Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Posting for Kat

the cuteness is almost unbearable

Posting for Kat

Thank you!! :)

Aawww Kat he's beautiful.

The moon is so big and lemony white with a lovely spiky halo, bit like a white sunflower.
    It's so mild outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Days can be tiring between juggling work and the kids...and I watch a bit of current Covid affairs in the evening after I'm done with all the other bits and pieces.

But I round off the day with a couple of episodes of Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia and balance is restored. Head to bed with a smile

This morning I saw a bright green Brimstone butterfly, an hour later a butterfly swooped at me as I unlocked my front door and it skimmed my face...I've no idea what it was, it was flying fast, looked like a Red Admiral but its early for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Doing the grocery shop tomorrow. My once a week outing now. I never thought going to Aldi would be the highlight of my week.

Costumière wears her currently-unusable work out for her permitted daily walks. I get that.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52214966?fbclid=IwAR2JopHdfHwo1TwkM-Z2EMEz3G7Y0fRvl9ZZqdvBwFoSQBy0XlpOqeRkh18

• Registered Users Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

For the first time ever - one of my children has emptied the dishwasher without being asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Didn't feel so well yesterday or last night. Feel better today so that makes me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Piping hot showers. finishing of cold best thing ever :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

If I was working today or visiting family I would be cooped up inside. I just had a long walk. It's a gorgeous day out there and it would make you feel good being out in it.

My delivery of coffee arrived \o/ happy sephers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

While I zone out on work calls at home, I can stare out into the front garden.

Fascinating to see the tiny birds having their own team meeting and going for a bath in the earth and scattering the dirt everywhere. There must be 6 or 7 there at any time...
    My poor mum is demented every day cleaning it up after them.

Its so quiet and calm, that one of the little fellas decided to take a break from his team mates and sit and chill on the wall....
    He was facing out to road, shooting the breeze, his little head bobbing about just taking it all in. Then lifted his little tail, took a shyt and flew off....

Ah nature...

Advertisement