Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

worst company you have ever come across?

• 31-03-2020 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭

For me it is hand s down Fastway couriers.

The last 3 times they "delivered" something to my house, they threw it in the garden, too lazy to drive up the lane and hand it to us or even leave it in the porch like they should do.

you should see their google reviews, 1.6 stars. all complaints about how they just throw your items into hedges or on your lawn etc it is like the boss has told them to do anything they can to piss people off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Dr. Colossus

Eir.

Ticketmaster. Have a monopoly on the market so they can gouge away.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

pgj2015 wrote: »

The last 3 times they "delivered" something to my house, they threw it in the garden, too lazy to drive up the lane and hand it to us or even leave it in the porch like they should do.

you should see their google reviews, 1.6 stars. all complaints about how they just throw your items into hedges or on your lawn etc it is like the boss has told them to do anything they can to piss people off.

Exact same with Hermes in the north absolute sh1tehawks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,823 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

NTL - awful. Cablelink was nearly as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Vautours Ghost

USIT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

What does my head in about companies is that they all talk about being customer obsessed and customer focused. It's all a load of nonsense. I had to contact one (a telecommunications provider who are actually better than they were) last week. I wanted to call them. Finding a phone number on their website was like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack. For a customer obsessed company, they weren't too keen for me to call them.

They kept pushing me to their self help option which didn't bloody answer my question. When I eventually got a phone number, I got an IVR system that was like a f**king labyrinth with the amount of options and even when I keyed my account number, by the time I got through, they asked me for it again.

Most companies do that sort of sh!t and claim to be customer focused. They absolutely aren't because they are giving the level of customer service they want (i.e. the cheapest/most cost effective) rather than what their customers actually want.

But in answer to the question, eir are pretty f**king crap. And they aren't the company I'm referring to above.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,740 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

In my experience it has to be a tie between Vodafone and AES. Both are absolutely f*cking shocking.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 66,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Three.

AES are also awful, but not as bad as Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭codie

Eir customer service and Dhl
    Our DHL courier drops your parcel at a local petrol station. Doesn't even ring you to tell you parcel is there
    You have to keep tracking it. Before that they would ring and ask you to meet them in town.
    I don't order any more from a company that uses DHL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 345 ✭✭Tea Shock

NTL/Chorus/UPC - whatever you want to call them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

You're taking about Sky aren't you? Their automated systems brutal but otherwise they're grand.

Saw Eir take advantage of my elderly parents for years. Billing them for 2 lines, one for "broadband" that was actually slower than the ISDN had been at the start of the century. Complaints to Comreg only resulted in their "engineer" "solving the problem" by coming into the house to butcher the internal set-up of powerline's and repeaters I'd built to spread wi-fi around it. Switched to Midband solution. Less than 1/3 the price, many times the speed, zero hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Social distancing..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,754 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Ficheall wrote: »
    Social distancing..

There wasn't social distancing back in June last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,802 ✭✭✭✭anewme

USIT

Well you wont have to worry about them anymore. They've gone into Liquidation over the weekend, with 149 people losing their jobs.

Hostel World

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Brother-imprimante-histoire-logo1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

The most annoying thing about some companies is they come up with awful slogans like 'Looking after you always', or 'We listen' and include it in their marketing material. But then they don't actually want to spend any money on customer care, as that's expensive, so they have overseas call centres, chatbots, and emails that don't get replied to. They spend more coming up with the stupid slogan than they do on customer care.

Eir is the one that springs to mind for me. They seemed incapable of upgrading a line, moving a line, closing an account without fúcking up.

ESB Networks would be the best - you get to talk to someone in Cork who actually seems to care, knows what your issue is, has the autonomy to make decisions, and seems to be able to escalate an issue to someone in one of the branch offices who will often give you a call or dispatch a yellow van the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭Masala

Pitney Bowes / Postage by Phone......

only can deal with them thru India call centre.

Only company that I ever came across that charges interest on late payments after 30 day. And on top of that ... they charge interest on the interest. Would chase you thru the courts for €3 interest that may have accrued between the time of sending payment and receiving payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

NTL NTHell but happily they no longer exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Acosta

Eir

No other company comes even close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Before I even clicked into the thread I guessed fastway would be there. Kept getting texts from them saying they tried to deliver my parcel (to my workplace) about 1km from their local depot, even though we open 7 days a week from 8 til 7. No number to contact them. Had to call to the depot and collect it. Their depot genuinely looked like a cargo plane crashed into it with parcels just all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

O_3Kq6VYQENuBjY56D0zgsGA26uch2jnG_oRGMJ8PTjeA8AzOk-MeY-Oaqe8ZRefxgsQb2BWy1P7D9K4PBpLvQQmvUpTtsO5CgjxJ2qpLjSaUA

I've never successfully had an item delivered properly by fastway. Regularly they throw stuff over the gate into the back garden. Years they delivered a brand new phone to the wrong address and told me to get it myself or I'd have to wait several days for them to go recollect it and then redelivery it. Knobs

Eir are my current pet hate at the moment. Nearly 4 months trying to close an account with them. Haven't had the equipment since Jan 10th because they asked me to ship it back. Can't get anyone on the phone and the chat is useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Acosta

Eir are my current pet hate at the moment. Nearly 4 months trying to close an account with them. Haven't had the equipment since Jan 10th because they asked me to ship it back. Can't get anyone on the phone and the chat is useless.

Cancelled my broadband(that never worked) within the grace period last October and phone a few weeks later via the switching service with my new network and again a further 3 times on the phone after that. Everytime I speak to someone it's like starting from the beginning again. I've never dealt with so many people from the same company that don't give a toss about what their doing.
    Nobody appears to communicate with each other. These "tickets" they create. I don't know where the hell they go after they're created.
    Cancelled my direct debit ages ago so they can't keep charging me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

ESB Networks would be the best - you get to talk to someone in Cork who actually seems to care, knows what your issue is, has the autonomy to make decisions, and seems to be able to escalate an issue to someone in one of the branch offices who will often give you a call or dispatch a yellow van the same day.

I agree ESB networks is good. But it's a monopoly with the luxury of being able to afford high costs. In the telecommunications game they're all in competition over pennies and hardly anybody will pay significantly more for a company just because it has better support.

The contrast between "good" ESB and "bad" Eir highlights how deregulation of telecoms in Ireland was done badly while deregulation of the electricity and gas market was done relatively well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

EIR are dire and I'd like to add 3 to the pyre
    absolute useless

• Registered Users Posts: 8,346 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Allianz insurance, breakdown recovery doesn't actually mean breakdown recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

DHL - we had some kids medicines ordered online - we were on xxx Avenue, dropped it off to xxx Road and put it into a random Recycling Bin (not making this up) so it wouldn't be lifted (as they were worried it would be stolen!). Was 2 kms away from our address and I was at work. I had to ring them and force them to pick it up and deliver it to the correct address. Initially customer service advised me to go and pick it up and didnt see any issues with me going through someones bin!!!

Other time it took me a day to investigate where they left the package as the driver "had many packages" delivered to the same address, so they just left it there.

Generally all courier services are weak - on that note never had any issues with AnPost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭SeaFields

Vodafone. Hands down useless if you have a problem. You want a new contract or anything they are fantastic to deal with. Typical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭RCK1

og2k7 wrote: »
    DHL - we had some kids medicines ordered online - we were on xxx Avenue, dropped it off to xxx Road and put it into a random Recycling Bin (not making this up) so it wouldn't be lifted (as they were worried it would be stolen!). Was 2 kms away from our address and I was at work. I had to ring them and force them to pick it up and deliver it to the correct address. Initially customer service advised me to go and pick it up and didnt see any issues with me going through someones bin!!!

Other time it took me a day to investigate where they left the package as the driver "had many packages" delivered to the same address, so they just left it there.

Generally all courier services are weak - on that note never had any issues with AnPost

Got a few things delivered from Amazon with an post recently and they are excellent. They text you before with a link to make any changes. In my local lidi they have installed parcel lockers

Advertisement