Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Werewolf discussion thread

• 12-09-2016 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭

Werewolf discussion can continue here out of the game threads

Our forum request is here, any votes would be great, decision will be made on the 23rd of October

New forum for dead room and wolfs den being set up http://changeofplangames . com/wwforum/index.php" to replace old system

Sorry for new thread TBGA guys, we will be out of your hair soon hopefully

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Mahama, I've given you Dead Room permission and Andy I've given you Wolf Den permission. Can you each verify you can see those boards when you get a chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭andy125

Mahama, I've given you Dead Room permission and Andy I've given you Wolf Den permission. Can you each verify you can see those boards when you get a chance?

Yes i can see wolf forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Nice one. Look, if we get a new forum all these threads can be moved over there anyway so it should be golden.

Looks like we've dead rooms and wolf chats covered anyway, whichever way we go. I'll need to do up settings and accounts for mods / GMs but that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Looks like we've dead rooms and wolf chats covered anyway, whichever way we go. I'll need to do up settings and accounts for mods / GMs but that'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Plenty of time dont need to rush yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Jaysus lads the speed of development is neck breaking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I can see the dead room.
    I notice in my CP it says I have 501 posts and while I'm dedicated.... I'm not that dedicated! ;)

Aye no rush Max, it'll be a few weeks before we ramp up another game.

I can see the dead room.
    I notice in my CP it says I have 501 posts and while I'm dedicated.... I'm not that dedicated! ;)

It was the easiest way to give you your precious stars :P

Ok I just see the general discussion thread, hope I haven't done anything wrong eek

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    Ok I just see the general discussion thread, hope I haven't done anything wrong eek

Uriel

Only a wolf would call someone out with no evidence like that.

Vote Andy

Clearly im the seer

Uriel. wrote: »

Nah that means it works good :D

You should only see the others when specifically given permission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Great work Max! looks good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Jeez, you folks have been busy. Great work!

Can anyone have a look around or is it just under development and people should wait? (I don't want to touch anything in case it breaks)

It's all set tritium, you can sign up at your leisure. You shouldn't be able to break anything but if you can, I need to know about it anyway!

tritium wrote: »
    Jeez, you folks have been busy. Great work!

Can anyone have a look around or is it just under development and people should wait? (I don't want to touch anything in case it breaks)

Join up! you get stars and everything :D

Stuck up an announcement to roughly explain the point of the board and how it works.

Stuck up an announcement to roughly explain the point of the board and how it works.

Uhm.. is it ok that I used a different username? Want me to re sign?

• Advertisement

Nah don't worry about it, I can change your name anyway if necessary.

Nah don't worry about it, I can change your name anyway if necessary.

Just thought the shortened version was easier, that is what I usually get called anyway MrsFD lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i'd like to officially announce my candidacy for WW3.

i'd like to officially announce my candidacy for WW3.

As in running the game or playing in it?

Myself and Digital Solitude had a game in mind for WW3, now I don't mind allowing others to do it because it's only fair everyone can have a turn to run a game.

Do you really want the next one or can you wait for WW4?

Maybe we should start a list or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Jayop wrote: »

Myself and Digital Solitude had a game in mind for WW3, now I don't mind allowing others to do it because it's only fair everyone can have a turn to run a game.

Do you really want the next one or can you wait for WW4?

Maybe we should start a list or something?

sorry, meant playing. would not have the necessary skills to run a game!

sorry, meant playing. would not have the necessary skills to run a game!

Nah, it's really easy and really rewarding. Also a nice change of pace while still being involved in a game. Co-mod one sometime with someone else and see if you like it.

Jayop wrote: »

Myself and Digital Solitude had a game in mind for WW3,

On that note Jayop, sign your ass up so I can give you the Game Mod role and we can make sure you can do everything you need to be able to do as far as dead rooms, wolf chats, etc go.

You already mae me a mod? Jeez you're on the ball.

Quick promotion!

Well no point hanging around if you're going to be modding then next game. Means we can make sure everything is how we want it at our leisure.

• Advertisement

Well no point hanging around if you're going to be modding then next game. Means we can make sure everything is how we want it at our leisure.

I made a post there about the forum layout. Maybe we'll just continue to talk there rather than having the same convo in two places.

Update on our forum request, looks like we will have a 6 week wait :(

We can discuss how we will mod the new forum here if we get it

Zaph wrote: »
    Sorry but I've had to knock off a small number of votes as they didn't satisfy the voting requirements - 50+ posts AND be a Boards member for over 3 months.

I've also edited the thread title as the voting process stays open for 6 weeks, not one week as was indicated. I'm afraid this means that a decision on any future forum won't be made until after 23rd October.

As regards discussions on potential mods for any future forum, that's something that will be decided if the forum is approved. However in the meantime such discussions only distract from the purpose of this thread, which is for people to add the +/-1s, so maybe you could start a chat thread in the forum where the current game is being hosted? And as has always been the case on Boards, volunteering for a modship automatically disqualifies you. :D

andy125 wrote: »
    Update on our forum request, looks like we will have a 6 week wait :(

We can discuss how we will mod the new forum here if we get it

No reason why it was extended?

No reason why it was extended?

Seems all new requests are 6 weeks, then changes to one week prefix when there is one week left, doesn't really explain itself well in the charter

Seems all new requests are 6 weeks, then changes to one week prefix when there is one week left, doesn't really explain itself well in the charter

Wonder why they need 6 weeks to sort it. I haven't read charter though.

If jayop and max get sorted in week or so with the deadroom/wolf den, what do we think about getting a game going while we wait out our forum request

Depending on mods availability ofc

• Advertisement

I'm heading to Scotland on Thursday for family wedding and not back till 24th so I couldn't commit to a game.

Wow you guys have done a great job with the new forum. I posted in it but probably shouldn't have as I can't join the next game.

I've been using my phone for the last while to browse boards and it makes following and contributing awkward. Feckin laptop needs new battery and the connection thingy at the back is loose.

Anyone want to sell a secondhand Dell? For like a tenner?

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If jayop and max get sorted in week or so with the deadroom/wolf den, what do we think about getting a game going while we wait out our forum request

I think it'd be a good idea. I assume you mean we run another game here and torture the good folk of this form yet again.....?

I've no experience modding anything but if someone is stuck for a co-mod and gives me some sort of a crash course then I'd be happy to help at some stage.

Wow you guys have done a great job with the new forum. I posted in it but probably shouldn't have as I can't join the next game.

Ehhhh, you don't have to be playing to post and chat. :P

Ehhhh, you don't have to be playing to post and chat. :P

Ah ok :) *blush*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Wonder why they need 6 weeks to sort it. I haven't read charter though.

6 weeks isn't specific to this forum request, it's a standard voting period for all requests to ensure that everyone who wants to have a say can do so.

We can easily have that side of things set up within a week if people are looking to kick off another one.

I don't think it's the end of the world to have one more here while we wait on the forum request. At this stage we've already three threads here, so what's one more... :cool:

We can easily have that side of things set up within a week if people are looking to kick off another one.

I don't think it's the end of the world to have one more here while we wait on the forum request. At this stage we've already three threads here, so what's one more... :cool:

sounds like a plan is coming together, we can do sign ups here to avoid anymore thread bar the new game thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

When are you folks looking to start? I said it was draining last time but give it a week or so and the balance between addiction and exhaustion should be switching over :)

The threads in here can be transferred to a new forum anyway I imagine.

If ye are stuck, I'm happy to co-mod a game. I think Jayo and Max have this one sorted though right? Depending on when kick-off is, I'll likely sign up to play.

I'd happily put my name forward to co mod too, but would prefer to do so with a more experienced operator given my noobism to the whole thing.

Just as happy to play too,but am willing to share the burden to keep the momentum going

Zaph wrote: »
    6 weeks isn't specific to this forum request, it's a standard voting period for all requests to ensure that everyone who wants to have a say can do so.

Hi Zalph, I just wanted to clarify the thing about game mods. Game mods don't need any actual mod power or title, their purpose is only to run the game. What I mean by needing a mod is that once you guys appoint a mod that will be the person who can enforce the charter and only them. If the game mod needs a thread title changed or a thread locked they can ask the actual mod.

Hope that clarifies it, it's late hereðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Right, whats the auld craic, what did I miss?

Right, whats the auld craic, what did I miss?

We've all decided that you're getting promoted to the top admin at boards.ie and we're going to ban all non werewolf related threads from after hours.

You'd better go tell them all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement