Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

I didnt realise he wrote the screenplay for you only live twice (Roald Dahl)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Has to be Matilda for me. Loved George's Marvellous Medicine too!

TA our house is almost ready for moving in!! Just need a bed and a TV! Exciting 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I was very undecided on whether or not to post a photo. Asked my friend for advice and she told me go for it. I'm very happy she did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I was very undecided on whether or not to post a photo. Asked my friend for advice and she told me go for it. I'm very happy she did :)

:confused:

being snug abed with all 3 cats keeping my feet warm. Rich I am.... truly rich.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Graces7 wrote: »
    :confused:

I uploaded a photograph on the advice of a friend. And I'm happy I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

Finding out you can learn High Valyrian on Duo Lingo :pac:

the prospect of lighting the fire and getting warm later..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Have this song from Oliver twist stuck in my head this morning...consider yourself well in, consider yourself part of the furniture, we've taken to you so strong, it's clear we're going to get along....not a bad song to have stuck in your head in work on a Friday. You're welcome for the earworm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Have this song from Oliver twist stuck in my head this morning...consider yourself well in, consider yourself part of the furniture, we've taken to you so strong, it's clear we're going to get along....not a bad song to have stuck in your head in work on a Friday. You're welcome for the earworm :D

I was obsessed with Oliver as a child, it's still the only musical I'd ever watch:)

Another vote for Revolting Rhymes here:)
    "The small girl smiled. One eyelid flickers. She whips a pistol from her knickers"
    Stuff of legends :)

My constant TH, books. I have the Narnia box set and intend to get round to reading them again sometime, I don't care how old I am!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

off out in 10 minutes to play football, beats working :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

We're told we can go early today!

Only half 3 but better than nowt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I slept without waking once till almost 6.30 this morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thank god its Friday.

Ya fecker its stuck in my head now :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

TH, visited a nursing home this morning and it's great to see the genuine and wonderful care they give.

a warm dwelling.... combination of the turf solid fuel stove and cooking. Bliss...Yawwwnnnnn!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I thought the money I have now, and my grant at the end of the month was all I was getting while I'm here, but I just remembered the Erasmus Grant too, 80% upfront in a few weeks time :D

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I thought the money I have now, and my grant at the end of the month was all I was getting while I'm here, but I just remembered the Erasmus Grant too, 80% upfront in a few weeks time :D

Beer on you! :D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    My constant TH, books. I have the Narnia box set and intend to get round to reading them again sometime, I don't care how old I am!

My favourite books as a kid. Read them again with trepidation as an adult (good while ago, late twenties, I guess), but still found them a lovely read, which was a relief. I hope you enjoy them again when you get around to it!

TH, visited a nursing home this morning and it's great to see the genuine and wonderful care they give.

My dad is in one for the last couple of years and I was bottling it - same time as that Aras Attracta story.

They are angels, and he's difficult!

Bless them!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

My dad is in one for the last couple of years and I was bottling it - same time as that Aras Attracta story.

They are angels, and he's difficult!

Bless them!!!

They go above and beyond. Great activities too; music, art, bingo, gardening..

TH now at a surprisingly bright and sunny afternoon. Doing the crossword while sitting in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The news that Big Brother is soon to be knocked on the head. The next "civilian" series will be the last, at least in the UK. Good riddance; now, for an encore, could someone please take off and nuke Love Island from orbit? It's the only way to be sure.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New leap card came today and I registered it and the balance of 23 euro was transferred to new card *happy*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

:o
    bnt wrote: »
    The news that Big Brother is soon to be knocked on the head. The next "civilian" series will be the last, at least in the UK. Good riddance; now, for an encore, could someone please take off and nuke Love Island from orbit? It's the only way to be sure.
    About time!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Do you know what makes me happy today? That, for a change, someone I was expecting had the decency to let me know they were going to be late, and asked if it was still ok with me if they called in. MANNERS!!

bedtime.. warm and snug ... critters all fed and my bedtime drink is hot blackberry cordial... mmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My 39 year old male next door neighbour just knocked in to me to see could I open a jar of sauce as he wasn’t able, and I did it :cool:

Was he topless?!!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 40,150 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My 39 year old male next door neighbour just knocked in to me to see could I open a jar of sauce as he wasn’t able, and I did it :cool:

he probably loosened it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Was he topless?!!

I'm laughing here to myself! How do ya just randomly know your Neighbour's age?!? :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Page 1 of a new library book by my favourite author.
    #Weekendbliss

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement