Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Graces7 wrote: »
    MY tallest sunflower is just starting to show pure gold at the centre.... and my internet has been flickering and when I emailed the server I got such a prompt and reassuring email .... small local company; thank you westnet!

Banjaxed and drained but happy to sleep for me..

TH at the word "banjaxed" - bringing back memories of the old West Cork auntie!!

Lost a leg to diabetes and at her 80th birthday party said to the handsome singer - "son ye're lucky I'm in this chair or I'd show you a good time!"

Bless her!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

TH, a quick stop over by our granddaughter on her way home from school. She had so much news from school that she hardly paused to draw breath.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My mam picked me up from my course and we went and did the shopping in dunnes and there was a small fella with his nana about four running around going mad and he was able to get in and hide behind some packets of toilet paper and when his nana got near the little rascal jumped out and said "rawwr nana" :D she pretended to get a fright and he ran off howling with laughter :D:3.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

My new soulmate --> the Pumpkin Spice Latte.

where have you been all my life? :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Deja Boo wrote: »
    My new soulmate --> the Pumpkin Spice Latte.

where have you been all my life? :pac:
    Get yourself a Pumpkin Spice scented candle :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Delivered turf and got my hands dirty doing so. It's nice being a hands on boos. Also I got paid so happy out :)

Guys I made a freind! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Awh! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Guys I made a freind! :D

Not at all jealous, nope not one bit :3

Not at all jealous, nope not one bit :3

I thought of you immediately when I saw her :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Shpud2 wrote:
    Guys I made a freind!

Oh what a beauty!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Came home after a 12 hour shift, fully expecting to have to jump into my duvet straight away because I have no heating oil yet and the house is ice cold, only to find someone (possibly my grandfather or my aunt) had the stove lit. It's honestly better than any birthday present.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I stayed in tonight and I'm so happy I did because it's lashing rain

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Came home after a 12 hour shift, fully expecting to have to jump into my duvet straight away because I have no heating oil yet and the house is ice cold, only to find someone (possibly my grandfather or my aunt) had the stove lit. It's honestly better than any birthday present.

When I arrived here just over a year ago, I saw smoke from the chimney. The keyholder had unblocked the chimney and lit the stove. It was so unexpected and welcoming.

A hug.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A hug.
    I'd thank that a squillion times if I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

Great friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Whocanibe wrote: »
    Great friends.

+1 wouldn't be here only for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

northgirl wrote: »
    +1 wouldn't be here only for them.

A week tomorrow marks 20 years since I met my best friend.

Lifesaver he's been. If you've good friends, cherish them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Life, with all its pains and joys. Utterly precious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Whocanibe

A week tomorrow marks 20 years since I met my best friend.

Lifesaver he's been. If you've good friends, cherish them.

So true.

My best friend I've had since 1st class. :eek: We,ve been through some rough times together, and had many great laughs. She is only a little slip of a thing, but to me she stands taller than anyone I've ever known, and I feel privileged every day to have her in my life. :)

If she saw this I'd get told off for being soppy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

One of my best friends is not modest at all. She rang me the day before her birthday to remind me to say Happy Birthday to her which of course I would have done anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Doctor Who is on Netflix! I can't begin to describe how excited and happy I am as I missed out on it on TV and always regretted it. Wooooooooo!! :):)

Days like today. What my mother used to call 'A gift of a day'.

Sun, heat, people galore out and about and a general air of pleasantness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Beautiful day here in Leeds. Went for a walk around the city centre, bought a few bits. Sunny, and warm, but a little windy. Still lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

New bukes!

41652861_10157713578022678_8670565189868847104_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=56a3e64281da1069a76cf57f8349c631&oe=5C1F35E9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Picking my nose and pulling out a horse of a snot by supprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

My niece did exceptionally well in her Junior Cert!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭gw80

I was out doing the grocery shopping the other day, and for the first time in what seems like ages, I didn't have to go down baby **** isle,
    It was a great feeling, I even walked past it again just to feel good again.

Now I just have to keep it in me pants and never do the nasty ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Mine haven't yet ripened and I fear it's gone too late for them. If I knew someone with a greenhouse I'd happily donate them as they are absolutely laden down with fruit, it will be such a shame if they go to waste.

Green tomato chutney?

Mine are ripening too which made me TH. I tasted my first one yesterday with some home grown basil. Delicious.

Now to sample the first dug potatoes this evening...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement