Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Another shopping one: People (usually women) who take something out of the box to examine it, decide they like it, then take a fresh one in an unopened box to actually buy :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

wiggle16 wrote: »
    So you can look all moody and French

Très chic indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Another shopping one: People (usually women) who take something out of the box to examine it, decide they like it, then take a fresh one in an unopened box to actually buy :confused::confused::confused:

Kind of related to this.

My daughter was learning the harp. We borrowed a harp from the teacher (We were going to buy one anyway, but hadn't got around to it). They cost a few grand.

A cleaner we had in to help get the house ready for a family party (cosmetically) damaged the harp, so the teacher said we'd have to buy it for full price. (cleaner turned out to be severely mentally ill, with a history of suicide attempts, so we didn't attempt to pursue her for the costs).

My wife said "But it's damaged! I'm not paying full price for it!" Somehow she won the argument and a discount. Then she said she didn't like the colour of the harp (there were options on the woods and trim), so demanded that we get a different one. She won that argument too.

So we somehow went from having to pay for goods "we" damaged to getting brand new, completely undamaged goods at a discount.

Obviously since she is my wife and it was our money, I wasn't TA'd, but I would be hearing that story under any other circumstances.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

Dial Hard wrote: »

"Discerning consumers"

I remember watching one eejit inspect a bottle of wine from a display where there were loose bottles on the top and stacks of boxes of wine underneath so it would be easier to replenish. Unhappy with her selection, she put the bottle back on top and started to pull one of the boxes out from the bottom of the stack. I ran over from behind my counter but didn't make it in time to stop her from bringing half the display crashing down.

I wouldn't mind but all the boxes had the same wine in them!

If some people had two heads they'd be twice as thick.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Harp
    She wouldn't have won any of those arguments with me. Fair play on getting a discount, but bloody hell...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

There should be a special place in hell for the gobsh1tes on facebook that react to Covid Deaths & high cases with this fcuking emoji :mad:

laughing-emoji.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Kind of related to this.

My daughter was learning the harp. We borrowed a harp from the teacher (We were going to buy one anyway, but hadn't got around to it). They cost a few grand.

A cleaner we had in to help get the house ready for a family party (cosmetically) damaged the harp, so the teacher said we'd have to buy it for full price. (cleaner turned out to be severely mentally ill, with a history of suicide attempts, so we didn't attempt to pursue her for the costs).

My wife said "But it's damaged! I'm not paying full price for it!" Somehow she won the argument and a discount. Then she said she didn't like the colour of the harp (there were options on the woods and trim), so demanded that we get a different one. She won that argument too.

So we somehow went from having to pay for goods "we" damaged to getting brand new, completely undamaged goods at a discount.

Obviously since she is my wife and it was our money, I wasn't TA'd, but I would be hearing that story under any other circumstances.
    TA I've read this five times and don't get it. So you got a completely different harp in the end? Is the teacher selling them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Antares35 wrote: »
    TA I've read this five times and don't get it. So you got a completely different harp in the end? Is the teacher selling them?

Yes, the teacher was selling the harps (was an agent for the manufacturer) and we ended up getting a completely different, brand new harp (we got to pick the design) at a discount from the original price. It's madness, really.

Yes, the teacher was selling the harps (was an agent for the manufacturer) and we ended up getting a completely different, brand new harp (we got to pick the design) at a discount from the original price. It's madness, really.

Ah, I see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm friends with a girl on FB who's strikingly beautiful and she knows it.
    She posts a new selfie every other day with the hashtags 'justbeingme' 'vainanddontcare' 'gottaloveyoself' 'beauty' 'moviestarlooks'.
    Modesty must be overrated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'm friends with a girl on FB who's strikingly beautiful and she knows it.
    She posts a new selfie every other day with the hashtags 'justbeingme' 'vainanddontcare' 'gottaloveyoself' 'beauty' 'moviestarlooks'.
    Modesty must be overrated

Link?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Watching Top Chef and some eejit is making “dehydrated beets” for a dessert.

“They’re like gummy bears”.

No, no they’re not. They’re beetroot. Mad thing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

No DPD, you did not deliver my parcel and I did not sign for it despite what your stupid confirmation says.

To thine own self be true

Walking at night, I always think someone is following me.

No DPD, you did not deliver my parcel and I did not sign for it despite what your stupid confirmation says.

DPD did the same to me yesterday!
    They said it was signed for. Turned out someone in the road behind me signed for it.

Washed and dried the car today and within 10 seconds the cat jumps on the bonnet,walks straight across the top of the car leaving a trail of muddy little paw prints

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

fussyonion wrote: »
    DPD did the same to me yesterday!
    They said it was signed for. Turned out someone in the road behind me signed for it.

If any of my neighbours had it, they have rang me by last night. Everyone knows everyone here.

To thine own self be true

"Natural peanut butter" the stuff is ridiculously bland, they could atleast leave a bit of salt in it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I bought running gear from Powercut and Peachylean last week and now ALL THE WORKOUT CLOTHES are following me around the internet.

OH put a chicken in the oven this evening...straight from the freezer. TAd as I grumbled to myself "how does one get to late thirties and not know that you can't just shove a chicken from the freezer into the oven". After a quick Google search I'm now TAd that I managed to get to my late thirties not knowing that you can.

• Advertisement

PsychoPete wrote: »
    "Natural peanut butter" the stuff is ridiculously bland, they could atleast leave a bit of salt in it

TA I now have a craving for one of my all time favourite snacks. Two pieces of toasted brown bread with a layer of real butter, sliced banana and a layer of peanut butter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The fella in the local Indian take away .
    Hows work ? You still working in dublin ?
    I have never spoken to him about my work , and I haven't worked in Dublin in 10 years.
    So F off and give me my take out!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Vita nova

A relative told me that another relative was ill (not seriously) and that I should text him and asked if I had his number. I said I had his number but I didn't commit to texting him because we don't have a good relationship and my text might not be welcome.

Anyway, I was talking to the first relative today and she asked if I had texted and I said no, to which she replied that I really should and that he'd like to know I was thinking of him. I eventually relented and sent a token cliched text that I immediately regretted and now I'm annoyed (even angry) with the first person for pushing me.

Basically, being put under emotional pressure to do something you don't really want to do.

Builders are back. Baby is awake. Eugh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Went to order a lamp from a shop last night, picked up a few other bits in their january sale. Get to checkout and half of the order can only be collected, the other half can only be delivered. 'Fcuk sake' I think to myself, 'why can't it be one or the other? fine I'll go in and collect the ones that need to be collected'. Go to arrange collection at the local shop, DENIED. We can arrange click and collect from all our England, Scotland and Wales shops but not any Northern Ireland shops.
    No reason given but I'm kinda assuming it's Brexit? I dunno though. Not sure what customs could be due on a jug and a kitchen roll holder. And to add insult to injury, the feckin lamp that I wanted to buy in the first place is one of things you have to collect so I can't even get it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Antares35 wrote: »
    Builders are back. Baby is awake. Eugh :(

Next door are building an extension, the builders merchant lorry arrived at 5am this morning to drop off stuff. It was so loud I was tempted to report them to the local night time noise team. I'm fairly sure it's illegal to make noise like that before 7am.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Next door are building an extension, the builders merchant lorry arrived at 5am this morning to drop off stuff. It was so loud I was tempted to report them to the local night time noise team. I'm fairly sure it's illegal to make noise like that before 7am.

Not to mention under current restrictions they probably aren't supposed to be there anyway. It's more annoying now because I'm back to working from home and normally get 7-10am in working before she wakes.

If a lorry woke me at 5am I don't think I'd be responsible for what I'd do! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

People who stop in narrow entrances to fix their clothes or wait for someone else while blocking the way / or forcing people to squeeze past them. F*ck sake nearly a year and they still don't know or don't care about social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,054 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Whey faced kernts who stand outside shops sucking rollies, and spitting.

• Advertisement

When you stop to sanitise your hands going into a shop and the people behind you walk right up on top of you, don't sanitise their hands and pass you by.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement