Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Micks1988

Hi guys, I applied for the prison service the application closed last month haven't heard anything back. Anybody any idea of how long I'll be waiting to hear back thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

Micks1988 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I applied for the prison service the application closed last month haven't heard anything back. Anybody any idea of how long I'll be waiting to hear back thanks

Hi. I'm not too sure when the aptitude testing will begin ( hopefully sometime soon ) just make sure your notifications are set up on public jobs. I applied last year and it was a few weeks between closing date and stage 1 if I can remember correctly..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CplMick

This maybe of interest to all of you hoping to join the service

http://trap.ncirl.ie/1780/1/joyceclarke.pdf

Best of luck with your application

Assessment questionnaire invitation is open now guys .. you have until before noon on the Tuesday 9th to complete it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

Hi does anyone know can they fail you on the Assessment questionnaire ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

Abbey127 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know can they fail you on the Assessment questionnaire ?

Yes, you can fail it. I failed it before but I've no idea how or why. It's not something you can practice for. Make sure you read the familiarisation booklet and try answer the questions with the job description and the Competencies in mind. No hard and fast rule though, just answer the best you can! Best of luck.

..... Assessment questionnaire .....

.... Do Not Have somebody else do it for you it will show up in the next part ....
    .... And Yes People have tried it and been found out before ....
    .... You Have Been informed ....

Best of Luck to all

Yes, you can fail it. I failed it before but I've no idea how or why. It's not something you can practice for. Make sure you read the familiarisation booklet and try answer the questions with the job description and the Competencies in mind. No hard and fast rule though, just answer the best you can! Best of luck.

Didn't know you could fail as they said there is no right or wrong answer . Thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Bartholemew Mills

For those of you applying for the role, what are your reasons for doing so?
    I'm genuinely interested to hear why people wish to join the Prison Service. It's well documented that it's a very difficult and stressful job with relatively low pay, at least for the early years of one's service. Is it security of tenure? The pension? Do you think you can make a positive influence in offenders' lives? All of the above?

For those of you applying for the role, what are your reasons for doing so?
    I'm genuinely interested to hear why people wish to join the Prison Service. It's well documented that it's a very difficult and stressful job with relatively low pay, at least for the early years of one's service. Is it security of tenure? The pension? Do you think you can make a positive influence in offenders' lives? All of the above?

Can I ask why You are asking this first !!!!
    Have you applied yourself or are you serving?

Thinking of Applying?

Doing some sort of Thesis into recruitment?
    Or are you doing a Psychological course or something similar?
    Your comment and Question's could seem very Loaded and Personal to a suspicious mind.

People deserve a more full statement of your Reason not Just "I'm genuinely interested to hear"

But I will give you My answer all of the above and none of the above My reason's at the time was not something I could explain even to Myself other then it Just seem the right thing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

Just done the questionnaire - it seemed fairly straight forward which worries me now, especially if you can fail it which I didn't know!!

Anyways, after the aptitude deadline closes, anyone know a timeframe for results?

sazxox wrote: »
    Just done the questionnaire - it seemed fairly straight forward which worries me now, especially if you can fail it which I didn't know!!

Anyways, after the aptitude deadline closes, anyone know a timeframe for results?

I know what you mean I did it and it didnt seem that bad at all straight forward for sure.. but you just hope that your answers were good enough too at the same time..

ah i imagine if you pass and you are successful will be invited to sit the rest of the aptitude testing for stage 1 ( if its a fail for anyone surely they wouldnt be allowed to progress ) and the results will be given after the rest of those tests are completed .. it could be a few weeks give or take

CplMick wrote: »
    Can I ask why You are asking this first !!!!
    Have you applied yourself or are you serving?

Thinking of Applying?

Doing some sort of Thesis into recruitment?
    Or are you doing a Psychological course or something similar?
    Your comment and Question's could seem very Loaded and Personal to a suspicious mind.

People deserve a more full statement of your Reason not Just "I'm genuinely interested to hear"

But I will give you My answer all of the above and none of the above My reason's at the time was not something I could explain even to Myself other then it Just seem the right thing for me.

eagerly waiting for his reply here :D;)

The aptitude tests are out :)

Best of luck in stage 1 everyone!

Deadline is 12 noon Wednesday 17th 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Star hurl

I gather that if you recieved an invitation for the appitude that you passed the questionare... ?

Star hurl wrote: »
    I gather that if you recieved an invitation for the appitude that you passed the questionare... ?

I thought everyone gets the aptitude tests weather they pass the questionnaire or not no?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭po candidate

Star hurl wrote: »

Not Quite ! The questionnaire is done separately to the aptitude tests but everyone is invited to both. The results of the questionnaire are not reviewed until the aptitudes are done then the results are out at the same time for all. In the results you'll be provided with your score, the minimum score required and the If you passed or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭starstothesun

Aptitute Completed! Just felt With maths hadnt enough time to calculate and get the answer! Anyone know with the three sections to the aptotude test are they all counted or just Verbal and Job Sim? And is there a certain pass rate that has to he got on each one or is it and overall mark? Im just feeling the maths let me down!

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Ye 100%agree did mine there this morning the maths one not enough time in that section

• Advertisement

daniel1390 wrote: »
    Ye 100%agree did mine there this morning the maths one not enough time in that section

Did you do any study on them . Yes you don't get enough time on the match just have to do them as quick as you can . Did you complete all the questions on the verbal reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Star hurl

You need to pass each section. I scored very high in verbal and job simulation but did not reach the pass rate in the numerical section in 2016.

I had a bit of practice for verbal done because I am also applying for Gards, but did nothing for maths one

Do you know approx what pass rates are. Hopefully this year your time

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Colleen448

Recruit Prison Officer 2019 application on public jobs - opened 28/02/2019 and is closing on 21/03/2019

Dedicated thread for the 2019 application process so get posting guys & girls and good luck in your application :)

Has anyone completed the aptitude tests for the 2019 recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭JJss1988

Colleen448 wrote: »

Yes completed them on Friday.Verbal Reasoning was the hardest for me.....certain questions were hard to judge from the statements.

Colleen448 wrote: »

I'm doing mine on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 claireshaughs

Just completed the Aptitude tests..I would advise anyone to practise as much as possible..I DEFINITELY failed the maths one I just couldn't get it together

Just completed the Aptitude tests..I would advise anyone to practise as much as possible..I DEFINITELY failed the maths one I just couldn't get it together

Was that your first time doing them. How where the questions don't think that part is timed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 claireshaughs

Abbey127 wrote: »
    Was that your first time doing them. How where the questions don't think that part is timed.

Yea it was my first time with no preparation. The verbal reasoning was ok I think and the last one, the situational multiple choice. But the numerical..you see the question for 10 seconds and then have up to ten seconds to answer. It was rough and I panicked. You get a chance to practice a little beforehand but I would advise anyone to go to the Familiarisation Material we got a few weeks ago and practise there Too late for me!!

Advertisement