Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recruit Prison Officer 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

Folks, you'd be wise not to post your actual Order Of Merit on an open forum.

Not a wise move at all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Not a wise move at all!!!

Just out of curiosity why is that? I cant edit mine for some reason :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

because you are identifying yourself

because you are identifying yourself

Thanks for replying before I could!

It's just identifying information and posting something like that it's not a good idea in a public forum. Perhaps I should have done a proper message about it and said not to post earlier instead of just dont mention your place.

Thats odd you cant edit. Try desktop site? or try to report it? And I will aswell if you want me to

• Advertisement

It's just identifying information and posting something like that it's not a good idea in a public forum. Perhaps I should have done a proper message about it and said not to post earlier instead of just dont mention your place.

Thats odd you cant edit. Try desktop site? or try to report it? And I will aswell if you want me to

Cant edit after 48 hours....I reported it thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Why is there a box about interview times and group and written exercise's sent out with the document about booking in for stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Lynchc14

Hi all, I am through to the next stage but cannot find the mybooking tab on my profile. Can anyone help me to figure out how to book a place for the next round of testing? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

I cant edit mine either, can you report it?

Thanks a mill :)

sazxox wrote: »
    I cant edit mine either, can you report it?

Thanks a mill :)

Actually I figured out how to report it myself, thanks! :)

• Advertisement

sazxox wrote: »
    Actually I figured out how to report it myself, thanks! :)

I'm only seeing this now sorry lol

Lynchc14 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am through to the next stage but cannot find the mybooking tab on my profile. Can anyone help me to figure out how to book a place for the next round of testing? Thanks in advance.

Did you find it ?
    Log in and the 3 horizontal lines on your top right corner click that then my bookings

Why is there a box about interview times and group and written exercise's sent out with the document about booking in for stage 2?

The document is information about orientation times when you are attending stage 2 and sitting the assessment

If you get the job where is the training and how long is it etc.

was it like 6 weeks in portlaois then 6 weeks in Dublin? Correct me if im wrong there but pretty sure I have read that somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SmashFaceAndy1

Im not sure if i read this wrong earlier and cant double check right now as iv no access to a computer at the moment but did i read something about having to have your leaving cert results with you for stage 2 or 3?
    Found it a bit odd and a friend who is currently a prison guard said he never had to do it.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

For stage 3 ye

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

Where does it say about having your leaving cert results???

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

It was at the end of that document we got on what we need for stage 2 and what it composes of

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kells girls

Your leaving cert or a level 5 QQI , a passport picture your driving liscence or passport ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

I did my leaving very over ten years ago

Ye i did mine 12 years ago��
    Still have it floating around somewhere

If you ring the board of education in Athlone they can post out I think it’s a fee of €15!

If you ring the board of education in Athlone they can post out I think it’s a fee of €15!

Ye i was reading it could take up to 2 weeks to receive via post

Well Im fecked! Lost mine years ago.

Really simple to get from department of education, I requested one earlier this year and had it within 10 days!

You just log on and fill out the year you done it and school etc ..

Here’s the link - https://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=exr

Ye i was reading it could take up to 2 weeks to receive via post

I rang them up and I had within the week , that was only a month or so ago, they are lovely to deal with and very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

I love reading all the messages and seeing how eager people are to join what they would perceive as a professional public service organisation.. And then you get in and find the reality is NOWHERE near .
    If anyone has any questions on the actual job itself, trawl back to a thread by Allyg - Prison officer - is it a dangerous job. Every question you want to ask has been asked and answered on that forum. A few by my good self.
    Good luck to anyone applying.... and if you get in ... I'll see you down the rabbit hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BenGH

Can you bring a calculator to the aptitude test or is one provided for you? Going next Tues to do it in Dublin and just wanted to know. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Arod13

BenGH wrote: »
    Can you bring a calculator to the aptitude test or is one provided for you? Going next Tues to do it in Dublin and just wanted to know. Thanks.
    A calculator will be provided on the day along with any other stationary that is required.Im in Tuesday also,best of luck.

Advertisement