Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Sitting by the fire. Rubbing Coconut oil into my poor sore hands. Heading down the YouTube rabbit hole.

Coconut oil here :D

My hands are drier than Ghandi's flip flops from all the washing.

Sitting, TV off and skulling my last beer of the night. Night shifts f*ck up my body clock, but a night shift and a clock change and I'm totally screwed for a few days.

Hope to sleep in a bit, I've a long day tomorrow.

Should have mentioned, any immediate front line staff reading this.. I salute you.

When we're out of this madness, and we will be someday, we owe those men and women in our hospitals a gratitude we can never dig deep enough to repay.

Right happy thoughts before bed.. We're another day closer to the end :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hope you sleep Mak, take care..

Deja Boo wrote: »
    "We're another day closer to the end" may be reassuring for some... but for others, not so much :(

Either way, to Valhalla we go ... :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

"We're another day closer to the end" may be reassuring for some... but for others, not so much :(

A new beginning perhaps, one can hope that the generosity of spirit shown currently might remain..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Bedside, playing games on my phone :)

• Advertisement

If death is considered the ultimate new beginning...

I ain't even considering that, just being responsible and going day by day. The vast majority of us will be ok and it's nice to see communities pulling together too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I doubt they have tea in Valhalla :(

Bedside trying to think of anything other than my dog, and feeling guilty for finding her barking annoying in the past.

Pardon me if I don't find that humourous.

You're pardoned.

Listen, everyone is scared. Some are terrifed, my mother who is in her 70's is. But in the last 100 years we've been through WWI, the Spanish Flu and WWII and we prevailed, as humans we've beaten wars, famine and disease since forever and a day, and as scary as this is we'll prevail here too.

I might come across as being strong and unshakable, but I've had my very low times when I've felt I'm not handling this good and questioned myself. But we'll beat this, honestly hold onto that. Humans have beaten everything thrown at us

Have a listen to this, its beautiful and full of hope.

Guess when I lost it.. The other night when there was a round of applause for front line services.. I didn't think it would really happen, but I was stepping into the shower and hear my neighbors outside clapping, and honestly I f*cking lose any composure I had.

We'll get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Reports say the peak is expected 10-14 April, if everyone complies with the current restrictions we should see the curve flatten.

It's a weird and worrying time, all we can do is keep ourselves safe and hope others do too.

Deja, limit looking at the news to once a day. It's important to stay informed but any more than that will cause undue anxiety. Coupled with enforced isolation it can very quickly get on top of you.

We will get back to normal eventually, I'll hug everybody when I see them in person again.

Reports say the peak is expected 10-14 April, if everyone complies with the current restrictions we should see the curve flatten.

It's a weird and worrying time, all we can do is keep ourselves safe and hope others do too.

Deja, limit looking at the news to once a day. It's important to stay informed but any more than that will cause undue anxiety. Coupled with enforced isolation it can very quickly get on top of you.

We will get back to normal eventually, I'll hug everybody when I see them in person again.

This is so important.

So very important.

CV19 is going to be around for awhile yet, there's going to be no good news for awhile yet.. Bad news is click bait for RTE, Breakingnews, Journal etc etc.. They want us to click into it

Try your best to limit your CV19 news exposure to once a day, I did and honestly its made a massive difference to my emotions (yes, the media are playing on our emotions for clicks).

There are a lot of positive things you can do for yourself.

Media exposure, limit it.
    Diet and exercise, get it right and 30 minutes exercise has never been easier right now.
    Multimedia, keep in touch with family and friends.. I haven't seen my son in over 3 weeks, today we had a facebook face time thingy (my daugher set it up).. My wife, me, daughter and son on 4 separate screens, it was brilliant.

A lastly, most of us here are hiding behind a screen name, vent here. PM me if you wish, reach out to someone if you've overwhelmed.

CV19 is bigger than any of us here and its natural to get overwhelmed by it all, its ok.

Reach out, you'll be surprised at how many people are feeling just like you and would love an avenue to vent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I used to look at the news and headlines throughout the day, but I had to stop. It plays on your mind and weighs you down. I look when Leo gives an update, but that's necessary to understand what's happening.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bedside, on my iPad and not really able to sleep.

I was having a very difficult day and after a short walk in the park, I had planned to do some art, but I just couldn’t focus and after several attempts I gave up. Felt increasingly low and anxious and was tearful by 9pm.

My partner was brilliant in being so understanding and supportive and kind.:) He put me to bed where I managed to get a few hours sleep.

Quite bit of work to get done over the next few days so I need to be in top form for that. We are all doing as best we can to get through this strange and unnerving time.

But as Makki opined, we WILL get through this - we humans are a remarkably resilient, innovative and adaptive species and these are our key strengths.

It’s knowing that people like Makki are busting their guts to do the very hard work in addressing this health crisis that makes me proud of him - and of all of them.

Kudos to Makkikomi - and all the frontline people in the health sector, the defense forces, Gardai, ambulance service and the other sectors like grocery retail, transportation and logistics and are keeping things in place so that we can avail of the services that we need at this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In bed watching benidorm, he’s been watching it for ages and I’m trying to catch up. I am actually crying and I’m only on the second episode. I love the nana

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

You're pardoned.

Listen, everyone is scared. Some are terrifed, my mother who is in her 70's is. But in the last 100 years we've been through WWI, the Spanish Flu and WWII and we prevailed, as humans we've beaten wars, famine and disease since forever and a day, and as scary as this is we'll prevail here too .

We survived Jedward too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good Morning all, Nespresso time for me unfortunately not with the mutt and definitely not on my own balcony.

@Makikoma, I really appreciate your posts and was rather peeved when some came in here to take pot-shots at you, before the Mods deleted their posts. Please don’t let these bastards grind you down.

We are still on a 3pm-6am lockdown, came through 4 checkpoints on the way back from the airport last night along the same road, they are really taking this seriously, the cases are still growing, but 90 yesterday with a population of about 26 million, that isn’t bad, but it does show that social isolation does work.

To be a bit morbid for a second, I updated my last will and testament with an online company yesterday for $15, hoping that it isn’t needed for years to come, but at the same time I have to protect the missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

If that was directed at me smurf, I wasn't taking pot shots at anyone. You completely misjudged the situation. And mods did not get involved.

Wasn't you DB. Some randomer had a go at Mak yesterday.

Awake since 5am. Gonna have a little stroll and then some breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Ok, thanks Grandeeod. Sorry Smurf, seems I completely misread the situation. Mak and everyone thanks for the wise advice and understanding!

Enjoy the stroll and ....what ya having for breakfast? cos......grandeeod cooking by osmosis is better than my porridge :D

Bedside hoping HB will be along shortly with baby news to brighten up the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@DB, definitely not you, in fact I never saw your original post. We had some visitors yesterday who were just nasty, the mods deleted the posts rather rapidly.

Just finished my 5k walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Morning Wherers.

Enjoying final few minutes duvet-side.

Can we leave yesterdays events here in the past.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ok, thanks Grandeeod. Sorry Smurf, seems I completely misread the situation. Mak and everyone thanks for the wise advice and understanding!

Enjoy the stroll and ....what ya having for breakfast? cos......grandeeod cooking by osmosis is better than my porridge :D

Hash browns and a poached egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,866 ✭✭✭gifted

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Morning Wherers.

Enjoying final few minutes duvet-side.

Can we leave yesterdays events here in the past.

I missed it .....is it on boards player?...lol lol

Kitchen table having tae... .have to do some time doing an online course later (CPD) and I have the attention span of a goldfish...oh look the dog is awake..hello doggy.....and I'm gone from the studying lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Smiling here Duvet!

Good Morning All!
    Can't remember a happier Monday morning. Sister has had her baby girl and we are all on a high ... she's as cute as a button! In from walkies and I know it won't be long till the little one will be joining us on them if she's anything like her Mum. Thanks lovely Wherers for being a listening (keyboard) ear these last two nights ... ye are all very good. x hb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

honeybear wrote: »
    Smiling here Duvet!

Good Morning All!
    Can't remember a happier Monday morning. Sister has had her baby girl and we are all on a high ... she's as cute as a button! In from walkies and I know it won't be long till the little one will be joining us on them if she's anything like her Mum. Thanks lovely Wherers for being a listening (keyboard) ear these last two nights ... ye are all very good. x hb

Congrats Honeybear! Some stories you’ll have to tell her about the time she was born. Enjoy being the best auntie and spoiling her rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Working again from the home office. I will have earned a degree in Muppet Management after all this is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Morning wherers. Congrats Aunty Honeybear!
    Just about to jump in shower and hose down the old carcass.

My eyelids are sore :( I do get it when there's a cold breeze but can usually ignore but with few distractions and no face touching im aware of every blink. I know, I know a small thing but I need it off my chest so I don't have a cranky snap at anyone..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with the sweet stuff, looking to order more :eek:
    gifted wrote: »
    I missed it .....is it on boards player?...lol lol

Kitchen table having tae...

I hope there tea bags from the mother land are they? and not that other rubbish :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Congrats honeybear!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Disney+ and watching The World according to Jeff Goldblum..his take on the world is just off the wall brilliant :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement