Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs that you're getting old

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

Trying to score at a festival and everyone thinks your an undercover

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Housefree wrote: »
    Trying to score at a festival and everyone thinks your an undercover
    I am actually convinced someone I sort of know is an undercover police man and everyone thinks i am paranoid now. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

The belly

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Tidyboii

Recently turned 30. Had a 20 something workmate compliment me on being able to move quickly for my age

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

What a pup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Sam Hain wrote: »
    For men, the genital profile reverses. The dick used to hang lower than the scrotum, in time the balls will droop to a lower level.
    Also us poor men seem to spender longer on the toilet seat and less time in the barbers seat year on year.
    I fondly look back when my dick could easily hold a wet duffel coat...Good Times..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

When you look at 'Trending' videos on Youtube, then click out of it with sense of bewilderment not have a clue what any of this stuff is supposed to mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

All aspects of bowel movements become important to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭honeyjo

I got genuinely excited about getting a new gas boiler fitted :0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

honeyjo wrote: »
    I got genuinely excited about getting a new gas boiler fitted :0

That was me three years ago. I'm REALLY old. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

People offer you a seat on the bus....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Ish66 wrote: »
    People offer you a seat on the bus....
    People don't take the seat you offer...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

When you look at 'Trending' videos on Youtube, then click out of it with sense of bewilderment not have a clue what any of this stuff is supposed to mean.

When you don't even know how to look for 'trending' on that new YouTube thing or what that means.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Tidyboii wrote: »
    Recently turned 30. Had a 20 something workmate compliment me on being able to move quickly for my age

Ah now - 30 is still young.

Wait ‘till you’re 46, like me.... :D I can still move pretty quickly but it might involve joint pain or dizziness!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

When you go on tik Tok it seems to consist of young people doing stupid pointless things
    Although it seems its now cool for men to dance as well as women
    I have not seen one entertaining Irish video on tik tok

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

When you still don't really know what Tik Tok is. Is it just videos? Is it like Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

When you still don't really know what Tik Tok is. Is it just videos? Is it like Facebook?

What is Facebook like? Is it like Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

What is Facebook like? Is it like Boards?

It's like bebo but for old people

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

It's like bebo but for old people

That doesn't mean anything to me. I never used Bebo, MySpace, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok or anything else that I'm too uncool to know about. I did have an audiogalaxy account once.
    I only signed up for boards after nearly 2 years of lurking because I thought it was going to stay small.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Audiogalaxy. That takes me back. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I've just searched the house looking for my sunglasses, only to realise they were on top of my head.

Was looking for a film to watch on Netflix last night, look at length of it. 2 hours 20 mins, nah that will be over too late.

When an old injury/sprain from when you were a teenager suddenly starts hurting you again out of nowhere.

When you start to feel happy on the day the bins are going out because the bins will be emptied.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Tidyboii wrote: »

Ah, the joys of being young and without cop on :P
    I remember when I was around 20ish and thinking someone was an old man at 30. Totally foolish looking back :o When you hit that age yourself you think ah man i'm getting old but then also have the cop on to realise you are still young.
    In my opinion, old is being in your sixties or seventies etc. Of course it still doesn't mean you cannot live life but you are near the end of your journey as opposed to being in the beginning or the middle.

When you are in your teens and early 20s-ish you don't have prospective with age I found. Take that younger bloke you mention. let's say he is 20 and your 30. If you meet up for a coffee when you are 70 he will still be 60. Both over-the-hill so to speak. He'll know about prospective then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Being told you look good for your age!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Last couple of years I get a bit of a shock when I see myself in recently taken photos.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Thespoofer wrote: »
    Last couple of years I get a bit of a shock when I see myself in recently taken photos.

That means you're still young!

My lower back is so creaky.
    I have to take a moment when I get up from sitting down (48/M)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

When the clothes you wore as a teenager are now back in fashion for teenagers!

The best bit is when you tell the teenagers this and the look of horror on their faces that you once were young and dressed like that!

Destiny's Child on Classic Hits FM! :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

sporina wrote: »
    Destiny's Child on Classic Hits FM! :eek:
    *facepalm*

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    *facepalm*

I know!! ffs - since when is music from the 00's Classic?

Advertisement