Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs that you're getting old

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

prob said before but having to get up in the middle of the night to use the facilities :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Jerry Attrick

The involuntary fart whenever one bends down to pick something up. :(

Wibbs wrote: »

I was watching a very good documentary called "Crime of the century" and in the back of my head I was thinking the 20th...

Supertramp's best album, IMHO!

(Must look out for that documentary - the opoids scandal is truly jawdroppingly shocking.)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

sporina wrote: »
    prob said before but having to get up in the middle of the night to use the facilities :(

If you're a bloke, you might want to talk to your GP about a PSA or DRE test for prostate cancer, or both maybe. Change in urinary habits would be one of a few possible warning signs. Look up recent video from James Michael Taylor ('Gunter' from Friends) if you want to get scared about prostate cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

You no longer find these videos amusing, but find them sad.

https://twitter.com/dubslife1

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If you're a bloke, you might want to talk to your GP about a PSA or DRE test for prostate cancer, or both maybe. Change in urinary habits would be one of a few possible warning signs. Look up recent video from James Michael Taylor ('Gunter' from Friends) if you want to get scared about prostate cancer.

Or it could just be an overactive bladder. Lets not just straight to cancer. But go see a doctor anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I get a blood test done every six months, and the PSA is part of it. A few years ago the doctor told me I was slightly out of the safe range. I always request a copy of my test (just because I like stats :D ) but I compared my previous test to the one I had just received. My result was 2.3 with the healthy range being zero to 1.9, but on the previous test my result was 2.2 with the healthy range being zero to 2.4! Because I was 6 months older, the goalposts had shifted, i.e. the range!! :( *Shakes fist at the passage of time* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

i'm a lady :pac: but thank you :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'm still getting used to the idea that I'm allowed into the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

When you have not just one , but a few different paint stirring sticks .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    When you have not just one , but a few different paint stirring sticks .

not only that but you have a favourite paint stirring stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

First grey pubes, dye or close crop?

Bobblehats wrote: »
    First grey pubes, dye or close crop?

are corn rows out of the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Natty dreads it is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

The involuntary fart whenever one bends down to pick something up. :(

Yes indeed, I tried and failed to jump up on a wall recently, only to make s massive involuntary fart :o

My wife thought it hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

If you are old enough for this to mean anything to you -

Radio Caroline resumed broadcasting from the Radio Ship Ross Revenge this morning. On air today and tomorrow on 1368Khz (219 meters medium wave) from the 20 kilowatt transmitter at Manx Radio on the Isle of man, and around the world on the internet. For smart speakers - ask them to 'play Manx Radio A.M.'

https://www.facebook.com/radiocarolineofficial/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I was listening to some Oasis and Blur recently, reminded me that it is 26 years since the Battle of Britpop :eek:

1969 to 1995 - 26 years
    1995 to 2021 - 26 years

B side from the Battle of Britpop. One of their best but also a reminder of how much time has passed and how my youth has gone the way of Liam's voice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

When you start eyeing up the Just For Men products.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

When you remember all the TV pundits when they were starting out in their chosen sport.
    Or when you're talking to colleagues about past sporting occasions which happened when they weren't even born.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Alpha Romeo

BrianD3 wrote: »
    I was listening to some Oasis and Blur recently, reminded me that it is 26 years since the Battle of Britpop :eek:

1969 to 1995 - 26 years
    1995 to 2021 - 26 years

B side from the Battle of Britpop. One of their best but also a reminder of how much time has passed and how my youth has gone the way of Liam's voice :(

The irony that the first line is, "I'm older than I wish to be" haha. Great tune though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The irony that the first line is, "I'm older than I wish to be" haha. Great tune though :)
    Yeah, loved it and the band at the time - coincided with my own coming of age. 26 years later the lyrics mean even more to me. Where will we all be in another 26 years.

See also Alive, Listen Up, Cloudburst and Fade Away - all B sides!

And this one below, not even a B side.

"Father Time just keep on ticking
    Until I get my sweet release"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Alpha Romeo

BrianD3 wrote: »
    Yeah, loved it and the band at the time - coincided with my own coming of age. 26 years later the lyrics mean even more to me. Where will we all be in another 26 years.

See also Alive, Listen Up, Cloudburst and Fade Away - all B sides!

And this one below, not even a B side.

"Father Time just keep on ticking
    Until I get my sweet release"

The thing I loved about Oasis singles CD's is they always threw 3 more belters on there and none of that remix ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

You remember listening to radio Luxembourg before bbc radio 1 existed you remember pirate radio , radio Dublin
    You used to record songs off the radio on a radio, cassette stereo. You remember MTV when it just played music videos.
    You remember old pcs with crt monitors and
    pc games were sold in big box's not cd cases
    Some games took 2 or 4 cds to install

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

You remember when rock bands were in the charts
    Oasis versus blur

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

riclad wrote: »
    You remember listening to radio Luxembourg before bbc radio 1 existed you remember pirate radio , radio Dublin
    You used to record songs off the radio on a radio, cassette stereo. You remember MTV when it just played music videos.
    You remember old pcs with crt monitors and
    pc games were sold in big box's not cd cases
    Some games took 2 or 4 cds to install

There's 20 years between the start of BBC 1 and MTV coming to Ireland!

You remember installing Windows 95 from floppy discs.

You remember installing Windows 95 from floppy discs.

I remember when a colour pic of any kind of resolution at all had to be split and put on 2 discs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Your first memory stick was a massive 64Mb, and you were amazed how much it could store.

Still have it, still in use, it was an add-on with a Dell PC.

Used an Atari St 1040 for word processing in the early 90s.

Speedsie wrote: »
    Your first memory stick was a massive 64Mb, and you were amazed how much it could store.

And it cost about €100!

Speedsie wrote: »

Still have it, still in use, it was an add-on with a Dell PC.

Used an Atari St 1040 for word processing in the early 90s.

i recently found the smartmedia card i bought for my first digital camera. all 2MB of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

You remember there were Golden Pages books for the internet

I remember this well in our local library. If you want to look up a website for something you opened the golden pages and it suggested websites for you. You then typed these into your browser and start checking it out

Of course these days the book is out of date the second it is printed but it was quaint and they were trying to do a service :)

Advertisement